• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:00:54 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

preloaded gear

Started by C21, December 16, 2013, 06:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C21

Could someone explain why this was implemented?
I can´t shift downward as before?
Most of the time i lock the rear and crash?
It´s totally different to beta 3.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

C21

Am i the only one who experience this issue?
Could someone please explain if he feels a difference between beta3 and 4 when downshifting manually?
Do i have to use the clutch manually?
I´m riding with "clutch help" on but changing gears manually.

Sorry, i don´t have the time to practice each day (i would but i cant unfortunatly) , so i would like to sort this issue out on the next testrun.

Docfumi

December 17, 2013, 11:28:27 AM #2 Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:35:36 AM by docfumi
Try and listen to the engine revs before fast downshifting, or you´ll blow the motor.  ;D
Really it is a good thing to listen, also when using other aids like TC/ANTI Wheelie and so on
you get a bit of stutter because the motor is sorting out the HP. So try to do a lot of laps on
different tracks to get a good feel for the new bike handling. When I have to fast downshift
I always give the motor a chance for the engine brake to kick-in while braking and then shifting down.

Good luck and ride ride ride, at 200 everything is different  ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

HornetMaX

I tried only the 1000 (no shift help) and the downshifting feels different indeed.

When you downshift the bike is more upset than before: I'd say that before it was not enough, maybe now it's a bit too much, someting in the middle would be OK to me (just personal opinion here), even if I probably prefer the beta4 behavior to the beta3 one.

One thing I'm not completely happy about is the fact you can't downshift quickly multiple gears (even if this means locking the rear) .... it seems to be slower than before.

Still to check the 125 and 500 (but for these I use shift help usually).

MaX.

C21

Quote..can't downshift quickly multiple gears..
Yes, that's exactly what i mean and i'm Not Happy with. It is Not as realistic as before in Beta3 in my opinion. That's how i Race in Real Life ;)

oppolo

Quote from: C21 on December 17, 2013, 10:37:12 AM
I use manual clutch but in this version is not required for changing gear, I can downshift 2 or 3 gears very quickly

HornetMaX

Quote from: oppolo on December 17, 2013, 09:10:29 PM
Quote from: C21 on December 17, 2013, 10:37:12 AM
I use manual clutch but in this version is not required for changing gear, I can downshift 2 or 3 gears very quickly
Clutch for downshifting was not necessary in beta3 neither, with or without manual clutch, whichever the bike (and that was weird in my opinion).

MaX.

C21

Quote[/]I use manual clutch but in this version is not required for changing gear, I can downshift 2 or 3 gears very quickly
Clutch for downshifting was not necessary in beta3 neither, with or without manual clutch, whichever the bike (and that was weird in my opinion).
How do you of that? I can Hit the downshift Button as fast as i could but the downshift is very slowly, like in Slowmotion. Sommersemester the gears are Not shifted either. I have this issues only in downshifts. Using x-Box 360 Controller. I had this issue in Beta 3 as well but Not that worse...Unding L2 Button for downshift. I know from some Videos that it is possible to downshift rather quicklebendig but was Not able to do that, especially with the 990.

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on December 18, 2013, 07:00:31 AM
Quote[/]I use manual clutch but in this version is not required for changing gear, I can downshift 2 or 3 gears very quickly
How do you of that? I can Hit the downshift Button as fast as i could but the downshift is very slowly, like in Slowmotion. Sommersemester the gears are Not shifted either. I have this issues only in downshifts. Using x-Box 360 Controller. I had this issue in Beta 3 as well but Not that worse...Unding L2 Button for downshift. I know from some Videos that it is possible to downshift rather quicklebendig but was Not able to do that, especially with the 990.
I guess it all depends on what one means with "very quickly", but with beta4 downshifting is definitely slower than with beta3: if you press the downshift button a second time too close to the 1st press, then nothing happens.

MaX.

oppolo

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 18, 2013, 11:03:02 AM
I guess it all depends on what one means with "very quickly",
offcourse I dont' try to downshift as a Formula 1 sequential gear with paddles behind the wheel can do  ;D

Hawk

I have noticed on the 500cc bike that when your downshifting fast, the engine bogs down and back wheel locks up. Now okay, I know it's likely that you can lock the back wheel to a certain extent when fast downshifting, but the tyre should grip soon after(within reason) and spin the wheel + engine faster with each downshift; this does not happen on the 500cc bike at the moment.

Piboso has already stated many times that the gearbox physics are not final yet, and I appreciate that; I'm just reporting what happens so he can read and try to get an idea as to what's happening and needs to be done, if not already known. ;) :)

C21

December 18, 2013, 02:21:50 PM #11 Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:23:34 PM by C21
@oppolo
Quoteoffcourse I dont' try to downshift as a Formula 1 sequential gear with paddles behind the wheel can do
Motorcycles do have sequential gears  ;)
In real life i can (and do on racetrack) switch down up to 3 gears within one second on my bike....without locking the rear.
I will try further within the next days ingame.

@hawk
QuoteI have noticed on the 500cc bike that when your downshifting fast, the engine bogs down and back wheel locks up
normally this will not happen on real 500cc two strokers due to the low inertia of the engine.