• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

[GPBikes] NC Sachsenring stuttering

Started by PeterV, August 10, 2014, 04:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

August 10, 2014, 04:33:07 PM Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:37:40 PM by PeterV
I have expressed this earlier in one or two other topics, and i thought i just show you all what i mean.
Makes it a lot easier to explain by just viewing the 2 videos.

The problem for me is that on throttle it just stutters like you have TC or other electronics on but with this class its not the case.
I can just go full throttle down the waterfall section for instance and it just stutters all the way.
If i go off track...on curbs or strokes beside the main track surfsace then its fine.

Does anyone alse have this or am i alone?
(I also have this on some other tracks like, Monza (1 corner), Suzuka)

Video 1                                                                                                                     Video 2
Trackview where you can hear the stuttering going on.                                          Free view and a look at the throttle hand, which also stutters.

https://www.youtube.com/v/xPA0QVGg4c4                            https://www.youtube.com/v/gloM-RlHBXA

Toomes1

August 10, 2014, 04:39:28 PM #1 Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:44:51 PM by Toomes1
Ever since beta4b came out, not as bad in 5b but you couldn't have explained it better.
Same for Monza and Suzuka.

Hawk

August 10, 2014, 05:14:52 PM #2 Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:26:03 PM by Hawk_UK
Does it do this with the Varese 500 too? I notice your using the NSR 500.
I ask because I cannot remember this happening when I have used the Varese 500(haven't tried with any MOD bikes.).

I'll have to try this and see if it does happen for me.

Hawk.

Edit: Just tested this myself and I don't get any stuttering like in your videos at all on the Varese or the NSR.

PeterV

August 10, 2014, 06:57:25 PM #3 Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:04:16 PM by PeterV
Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 10, 2014, 05:14:52 PM
Edit: Just tested this myself and I don't get any stuttering like in your videos at all on the Varese or the NSR.
Im gonna test it now with NSR and VARESE but will be the same i think because its the same physics anyway. back in a jiffy :p

Edit: Just tested this myself and It is the same for all bikes.

Ian

August 10, 2014, 07:23:36 PM #4 Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:22:34 PM by Ian
You should try the 125 at Sachsenring with traction help control and anti wheelie help(I swapped from the 500 and forgot to turn them off)
It is almost constant when your on the throttle and you can see it in the MaxHUD input readout

PeterV

August 10, 2014, 08:46:18 PM #5 Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:30:02 AM by PeterV
Oke i drove again after checking my simulation settings, TC was off. (which it should be cause its 500cc)
But i had wheelie help ON, i have set this to off, and this did the trick for all the tracks i had problems on.
I never thought about setting this too off, because i thought it would not have an impact on the 500 class.
But as i see it now, its a game setting and not a bike specific setting. Still find it strange that it behaves that
way with wheeling help on, its help for controlling wheelie no TC which it acts like too me in the 500 class.

No more stuttering on Monza, Suzuka and Sachsenring.
Thx for the heads up Ian. I would not have seen it....even with Xray vision  :-[ ;D

Below the Simulation settings i have set now.. (just turned wheeling help off, rest was off already).

Ian

I wonder if this is a problem with the track surface or a bug in the wheelie help

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on August 10, 2014, 08:46:18 PM
Oke i drove again after checking my simulation settings, TC was off. (which it should be cause its 500cc)
Just to avoid confusion, TC is a bike property (the 990 has it with multiple levels, 500 and 125 do not have it).
What you see OFF in your screen is Traction help.

MaX.

PeterV

August 11, 2014, 08:18:00 AM #9 Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:29:31 AM by PeterV
Quote from: Ian on August 10, 2014, 09:37:32 PM
I wonder if this is a problem with the track surface or a bug in the wheelie help
Should this be put in the bugs section?
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 11, 2014, 07:57:56 AM
What you see OFF in your screen is Traction help.
Yes ty Max. 2 different things indeed.

Alby46

Quote from: PeterV on August 11, 2014, 08:18:00 AM
Should this be put in the bugs section?
maybe, just to verify if it's a bug or not
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

janaucarre

Hello,
Most of us know that there is the same problem at the out of ascari at monzabike, so i have re-exported from 3ds the same track and tried it without dynamic surface and no more problem.

HornetMaX

Quote from: janaucarre on August 11, 2014, 11:38:11 AM
Hello,
Most of us know that there is the same problem at the out of ascari at monzabike, so i have re-exported from 3ds the same track and tried it without dynamic surface and no more problem.
Just to be sure we all understand it right:

• Wheeling help OFF: no stuttering, no matter if with or without dynamic surface
  • Wheeling help ON:

• WITH dynamic surface --> stuttering
    • WITHOUT dynamic surface --> no stuttering
Is the above correct ?

If it is the case, it's definitely worth an investigation: I don't see any reason why dynamic surface ON or OFF should make any difference with respect to stuttering when wheeling help is ON.

MaX.

Hawk

August 11, 2014, 12:11:32 PM #13 Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:15:11 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: HornetMaX on August 11, 2014, 11:48:34 AM
Quote from: janaucarre on August 11, 2014, 11:38:11 AM
Hello,

If it is the case, it's definitely worth an investigation: I don't see any reason why dynamic surface ON or OFF should make any difference with respect to stuttering when wheeling help is ON.

MaX.

I agree with you Max..... I too cannot see why a dynamic surface on or off would cause the bike engines to stutter and if so, like you say, it's worth investigating more.

But my bikes certainly don't stutter on my install with "Wheelie Help"(in the simulation settings) set to "Off" on any track. I think it's just a case of Piboso hasn't any definition for wheelie help being available or not depending on which bikes are being used? Maybe the people who are continuing to have this issue need to double check their bike "Simulation" settings and make sure they are not confusing this with the "Garage" setting for "Anti Wheelie"?  :)

Hawk.

PeterV

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 11, 2014, 11:48:34 AM
Just to be sure we all understand it right:

• Wheeling help OFF: no stuttering, no matter if with or without dynamic surface
  • Wheeling help ON:

• WITH dynamic surface --> stuttering
    • WITHOUT dynamic surface --> no stuttering
Is the above correct ?

I can not confirm this at this time, i have to test it on laguna seca, i dont have the other tracks without dynamic surface.
I will be back with my findings shortly.

MaX.