• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:42:39 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

[GPBikes] NC Sachsenring stuttering

Started by PeterV, August 10, 2014, 04:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

As far as I know, wheelie help is available for all the bikes (and scooters). It's totally unrelated to what the bike's electronics can/can't do: it's a "game help" (i.e. not a bike property/feature).
Same goes for "traction help" and anything under the page "Simulation/Riding aids".

So the fact it doesn't stutter with wheeling help off is OK. But the fact with wheelie help on it stutters with dyn surf and it doesn't stutter without dyn surf (if confirmed), that'd be very weird. Worth an investigation as it may reveal/be tied to a bigger issue. Again, only if janaucarre/PeterV can confirm that.

MaX.

janaucarre

Hello,
I made little tests right now with the varese and the murasama at monzabike V3 without dynamic surface.

500cc:
wheeling help enabled --> problem
wheeling help disabled --> good
traction help enabled    --> good
traction help disabled    --> good

1000CC:

TCS enabled                   --> good
TCS disabled                   --> good
Antiwheeling enabled      --> problem
Antiwheeling enabled      --> good

So it is definitively a wheeling system problem, i never notice it before on a 500CC because i never use the wheeling help.

HornetMaX

OK, so with/without dyn surf doesn't make a difference. No weird bug around that, w00t! :)

If having wheelie help or anti-wheeling do show the problem, I'd be tempted to say it's just a consequence of beta5: if the bike tends to wheelie more (I guess we all agree on that), then you'll see the anti-wheelie stuff (wheelie help or anti-wheeling) kick in more than before.

Likely, once the beta5 issue that originated some strange stuff (*) is solved, we should be back on track (hehe, little pun intended).

MaX.

(*)
Too much rider weight displacements, unconfirmed.

Ian

I am puzzled by the throttle hand moving in PeterV  video
Its almost if the rider is the wheelie help  ;D
Maybe the throttle/hand animation is some way related to revs and not user input.

PeterV

August 11, 2014, 12:49:49 PM #19 Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:52:21 PM by PeterV
Quote from: janaucarre on August 11, 2014, 12:21:38 PM

Hello,
I made little tests right now with the varese and the murasama at monzabike V3 without dynamic surface.

500cc:

1000CC:

TCS enabled                   --> good
TCS disabled                   --> good
Antiwheeling enabled      --> problem
Antiwheeling enabled      --> good

So it is definitively a wheeling system problem, i never notice it before on a 500CC because i never use the wheeling help.

Tested it on Laguna seca v1.0 and Laguna Seca v1.0 S  with 500 same findings.

Wheeling Help OFF -> No stutters, Dont matter if it's dynamic surface or not
Wheeling Help ON -> Stutters, Don't matter if it's dynamic surface or not

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 11, 2014, 12:27:42 PM
If having wheelie help or anti-wheeling do show the problem, I'd be tempted to say it's just a consequence of beta5: if the bike tends to wheelie more (I guess we all agree on that), then you'll see the anti-wheelie stuff (wheelie help or anti-wheeling) kick in more than before.

Agree, but stuttering with wheeling help ON also happens when going on downhill sections (waterfall sachsenring, corkscrew laguna down) where you  would not pull a wheelie, maybe lift the tire a little but thats stuff Max is good at unraveling and explaining ;D.

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on August 11, 2014, 12:49:49 PM
Agree, but stuttering with wheeling help ON also happens when going on downhill sections (waterfall sachsenring, corkscrew laguna down) where you  would not pull a wheelie, maybe lift the tire a little but thats stuff Max is good at unraveling and explaining ;D.
Even in a downhill section, if the front is not touching the ground, technically you're wheeling.

I'm under the impression all the riding aids (wheeling help, brake help, traction help) could be vastly improved with little effort, but that's not what Piboso wants (and I'd tend to agree): these helps are there to help people when they start with GPB and they are not supposed to be sophisticated. For example, the wheelie help is not supposed to be as sophisticated as a real anti-wheeling (e.g. on a motogp bike). Same for the traction help versus the bike's TC.

So using the wheelie help (or the braking help, or the traction help) usually makes you slower compared to somebody that do not need these helps: I think this is intended.

Just don't use them :)

MaX.

PeterV

After driving on Snetterton with the GP500 with NO Wheeling Help, i thought i try it also with Wheeling Help ON.
On Snetterton it does not stutter at all, On or OFF with Wheeling Help does not make a difference there.
So you would start to think the track surface is the cause or at least has something to do with it.

Ill keep trying it out with other tracks as well.

janaucarre

I think the problems begin at specific lean of the asphalt, snetterton has not curve with exterior higher than the interior. Perhaps the dynamic surface makes also strange things at the junction of certain parts like the asphalt and the kerbs. That´strange because only certain part have problems and not all along the track.