• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:25:24 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Track 39 Core.exe Crashes

Started by Seajay 64, December 20, 2013, 08:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seajay 64

20. 30 GMT

Just been on Track 39 groove +MOD V 1.0 for some testing with Ducati GP 8 .

No problem connecting, but,
Core.exe crash after 2 Laps
Reconnect then,
Core exe crash after 10 Laps
Reconnect then,
Core exe crash after 2 Laps

Seem to have the track to myself but during the 10 lap stint I think someone else tried to join, but was soon disconnected.

This is just to inform you of what happened tonight not complaining  about it.

Regards
Seajay

C21

December 21, 2013, 12:55:36 PM #1 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:05:56 PM by C21
Same problem here.
Track 39 and 37.
Using Beta4b with V1.0 amd MaxHud1.2
Can get to the 1st corner and then the game freeze.
Don´t have any other track installed than Victoria.
Had no problems with Beta4 to join and race at the server.

Edit:
Even with MaxHud uninstalled the core.exe chrashed few seconds after joining the track.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

dibu

Does it happen with a special mod bike? Also if you use the standard bike at Track 39?
I just checked the server log but didn't see a problem.

C21

Hi dibu.
tried Yamaha M1 (anniversary paint) and CBR1000RR (konika Minolta paint)
did not try a standard bik yet.

Seajay 64

14: 42 GMT
Saw other people on Server Track 39 so joined again with Ducati GP 8 @ 14: 09
took about 3 mins to connect, sever said 15 on track core exe crash as soon as throttle applied while in pit.

Reconnected took about 3 mins  again core exe crashed when throttle applied. 14:14

Tested bike on own system for two to three mins ,  all appeared okay.

Reconnected to sever took about 3 mins  again core exe crashed when throttle applied. 14:20

Changed bike to HRC 213 and and reconnected to server core exe again when deploying throttle in pit. 14:31

Change bike to stock HRC that come with GP BIKES. Got nearly 3 laps before core exe crash. 14:37

Appeared to be about 10 to 15 bikes on track during this total period .
I wonder if anyone else had the same problems as me?

Ran out of time to do any more as I've Got to go and sort christmas out now,  so see you all after that.

Regards & Best wishes to you all.
Seajay

Warlock

BikeMod is not the cause of cores.
The problem is the same as other versions, many players that left the server in the same session. I mean, a few greyed nicknames in the list of riders.
When you enter a server and see this greyed riders in the list, most probably you will have a core in the first lap.

nuovaic

That's what I found too.
Also, I often wondered how many riders had a core and quit the game without restarting and rejoining. Their name will still be 'active' until the server restarts, does this then cause more core problems? Just thinking aloud, I got no technical idea at all!

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on December 21, 2013, 09:52:27 PM
When you enter a server and see this greyed riders in the list, most probably you will have a core in the first lap.
Not really the case for me (happened to me to ride with no problems with grayed out riders on the server), but have to admit that sometimes when the server goes nuts, there are indeed more grayed out players than usual. Could be a lead ...

MaX.

BozoCRO

I've had also this isue with the game crashing when you apply throtle in the pits, but I dont think it has anything to do with grayed out players. It happens with an empty server too.

Warlock

Really? I never have problems with an empty server

dibu

All I can say is that not all memory is freed when a player connects and disconnects.

I observerd Track19 and core.exe used about 16.370 KB after a fresh start this morning. In the meantime 27 players used it and now the empty server allocates 17.690 KB. It looks like the memory leak which we already had in beta3 is still there. Only a restart brings it back to the starting memory usage.
It's not dramatic but maybe it has something to do with the effect that a server can go nuts after a certain time of usage.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: Warlock on December 22, 2013, 12:09:40 PM

totally agree.... if I enter a virgin server there is no problem whatsoever.... also that if I was the first one to connect to a server and the server gets messed up with time, I usually dont have problems whereas the others complain about numerous cores - so number of players that have connected, number of players that have disconnected and time of having joined the session really seem to influence core probability a LOT!
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Warlock

Quote from: Stout Johnson on December 22, 2013, 08:42:13 PM
Quote from: Warlock on December 22, 2013, 12:09:40 PM
also that if I was the first one to connect to a server and the server gets messed up with time, I usually dont have problems whereas the others complain about numerous cores .....

Yes , this also.

C21

Quotetotally agree.... if I enter a virgin server there is no problem whatsoever.... also that if I was the first one to connect to a server and the server gets messed up with time, I usually dont have problems whereas the others complain about numerous cores - so number of players that have connected, number of players that have disconnected and time of having joined the session really seem to influence core probability a LOT!
Sorry to disagree.
I´ve entered both servers 39 and 37 when no other rider was on track nor on server itself.

Stout Johnson

yeah sure, it's not a guarantee. but since nobody knows the exact cause of the cores we have to go with tendencies here - and the likelyness of having a core seems to increase with number of players having connected and disconnected over time...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------