• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:11:38 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MaxTM telemetry - put your comments here.

Started by HornetMaX, May 28, 2014, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

This topic is for your comments on MaxTM.

• If you've found a bug, that's the right place to report it. The better you describe it, the more chances you have I'll have a look. If you post something saying "I was using it, it crashed" I will read the post, laugh in your general direction and go back to whatever I was doing before you interrupted my flow.
  • If you've noticed something that could be done better in the tool, that's the right place to report it.
  • If you've a very smart idea on a very smart feature, most likely it's a bad idea, but if you report it here I will have a look.
  • If you want to show your appreciation I have to say you have a wide wide choice: I have bank accounts in France, Scotland and (guess what) Switzerland, whichever is more handy for you. Paypal is OK, Western Union and similar no problem. Moneygrams, fine too. Cash in an envelope all fine. Non-perishable goods sent to my home address accepted. Whatever. Really, I'm flexible.
  • If you want to complain and/or insult .... well, that's still the right place, so please do so.

It has been the first time I've used Qt so be gentle. If you haven't understood the Qt bit in the last sentence you're not a nerdy geek, no big deal, just skip it.

MaX.

LauZzZn

HornetMaX

Quote from: LauZzZn on June 03, 2014, 02:39:01 PM
Is it working for Kartracing Pro,too?

Not the version currently out (v1.1), but I have one almost ready and it is working with KRP too. So it's gonna come soon ...

MaX.

Desteban

Very nice Max, thx!
Tried it with the R6 on Jerez and worked like a charm.
Since I had some trouble with setup I wanted to use it for the RSA250 @ A1 Ring but unfortunately I can't get the Viewer working.
I don't know why, when I load the telemetry files I can see the lap times but it won't show the map nor the suspension/speed/brake....

HornetMaX

Quote from: Desteban on September 13, 2014, 11:49:55 AM
Very nice Max, thx!
Tried it with the R6 on Jerez and worked like a charm.
Since I had some trouble with setup I wanted to use it for the RSA250 @ A1 Ring but unfortunately I can't get the Viewer working.
I don't know why, when I load the telemetry files I can see the lap times but it won't show the map nor the suspension/speed/brake....
Hi Desteban, seems to work fine for me (only tried offline).

Wild guess (well, not so wild): did you move the telemetry files to another folder before opening them ? If yes, did you remember to move both the .info.bin and .data.bin file ?

What you're experiencing happens when you only move the .info.bin file.

MaX.

P.S.
Having a single file (instead of the current 2) per run is on my todo list. Iwas sure that having 2 was a source of troubles, but ...

Desteban

No I didn't even move the files anywhere, both files still in the directory. I open the run straight out of the "Piboso/GP Bikes/MaxTM" folder. Had a bunch of runs I could select with that combo but none did work.

HornetMaX

Weird.

Can you send e the files (zip all of them into an archive) ?

I'll PM you my email.

MaX.

HornetMaX

Oh, I just tried on A1 ring (before I tried on Noss's version, on which everything is OK) and I have the same issue.

I'll have a look.

BTW, the A1 ring has the pitlane not correctly defined I think (fall in pitlane = respawn on track). Bad for racing ...

MaX.

Desteban

ah okay, so it is an issue with the track and not with the files. Or do you still want an email with the files?

Thx Max  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Desteban on September 14, 2014, 12:56:51 PM
ah okay, so it is an issue with the track and not with the files. Or do you still want an email with the files?

Thx Max  :)
Finally got 10min of spare time: there was a bug in the viewer when the track name contains a ".". Should be solved in v1.6

Thx Desteban for reporting the issue. Also, if you have any idea/wishes and general comments (compared to the telemetry software you use in real life), do no hesitate to speak up :)

MaX.

Desteban

Thx mate! Much appreciated!
I can see the values in your Viewer so I am totally happy for now. There are still some differences to the 2D program I use but no serious issue.
But I may take you up on that offer and and report some missing feature, still need some time playing with it for now though  :P

HornetMaX

Quote from: Desteban on September 14, 2014, 07:21:06 PM
Thx mate! Much appreciated!
I can see the values in your Viewer so I am totally happy for now. There are still some differences to the 2D program I use but no serious issue.
But I may take you up on that offer and and report some missing feature, still need some time playing with it for now though  :P
No problem man, take your time ... to take my time :)

MaX.

Yohji

hi max
this plugin very useful for more fast, setting, developing,,,,
but I want more usefuly. so I hope loging data for real ECU logger viewer.(Motec, AiM or 2D ,,,)

is it possible ?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Yohji on November 26, 2014, 01:44:23 PM
hi max
this plugin very useful for more fast, setting, developing,,,,
but I want more usefuly. so I hope loging data for real ECU logger viewer.(Motec, AiM or 2D ,,,)

is it possible ?
All the pro tools use a proprietary format for they data logging hence (at least in principle), the thing is not possible.

In theory I could hack the proprietary format (reverse engineering it), but I don't think it's worth the effort.

If you explain what you miss in the MaxTM, I can see if I can implement it.

MaX.

neoraptor

Hi Max,
I have been quite busy with real motorcycle racing this year and didn't have time to play GPB since last year.  :'(

Your tool is a really nice start to analyze GPB data.  ;D
I use AEMData (= Gems Data) and here are few things that could be added to make your tool even more cool and usable !!
* Add a channel list where all channels are displayed with their values
* Drag and drop channel would be nice from this channel list to the graph

* Multiple curve on graph : allow to superpose 2 or more curves (example : RPM and speed on the same graph)

* Cursor line : Draw a line to show where the cursor is instead of displaying the box on the curve
* Channel value placement : Put the channel(s) value(s) in the corner instead of following the cursor so that it is easier to read while hovering the curve

* Allow to change channel colors : this would be really nice because for now you can end up with colors that are not really readable (red and black on grey background for example)

* Allow to add widgets instead only curves (as a basis : tachometer for speed, digit for gear would be enough)
* Add math channels with some basic functions (filter, add, difference, derivative)
* Add velocity histogram widget for suspension analysis (can be generated from a math channel for example)

* Highlight the zoom zone on the GPS track map to know which zone we are working on
* Add an overview bar to have a visual reference where we are when zoomed (total width is 100% of the lap, zoom might be between 24% and 49%)

Those are just a few ideas to improve the analysis tool.  ;)
Thanks for this already very nice tool !!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<