• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:46:49 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

smoking engine failure

Started by yoshimura, September 21, 2014, 07:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshimura

hello,

To add a touch of realism, when there is engine failure, the smoke coming out of the exhaust in the future, if piboso has time :)

PeterV

Quote from: yoshimura on September 21, 2014, 07:34:14 AM
hello,

To add a touch of realism, when there is engine failure, the smoke coming out of the exhaust in the future, if piboso has time :)
+1 smoke, dripping fluid leaving a slippery trail on the track? that would be awesome.

Hawk

Quote from: PeterV on September 21, 2014, 08:18:02 AM
Quote from: yoshimura on September 21, 2014, 07:34:14 AM
hello,

+1 smoke, dripping fluid leaving a slippery trail on the track? that would be awesome.

+1 guys! Love these suggestions.... Hope Piboso can implement at some stage. Would be a great touch!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Harrytmj66

I remember that being in an old F1 game. Oil flags and a slippery patch

HornetMaX

Maybe for old oil-burning bikes (i.e. 2 strokes) ... but then, they smoke even before breaking :)

I haven't seen a lot of smoking engines / oil leaks in motogp.

MaX.

PeterV

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 22, 2014, 07:32:34 PM

MaX.
So because you dont see it a lot it should not be there? thats a bit short sided no?

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on September 22, 2014, 08:28:15 PM
So because you dont see it a lot it should not be there? thats a bit short sided no?
Just to say engine failures are extremely rare in bike races.

Also, even in the few engine failures I've seen in motogp, I can't recall even a single one with smoke nor oil leak. I can be wrong of course.
Actually, even in the 2t era, I don't actually recall any big smoky engine failure.

MaX.

matty0l215

September 22, 2014, 09:29:25 PM #7 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:32:30 PM by matty0l215
Quote from: HornetMaX on September 22, 2014, 09:17:24 PM
Quote from: PeterV on September 22, 2014, 08:28:15 PM
Just to say engine failures are extremely rare in bike races.

Also, even in the few engine failures I've seen in motogp, I can't recall even a single one with smoke nor oil leak. I can be wrong of course.
Actually, even in the 2t era, I don't actually recall any big smoky engine failure.

MaX.

http://www.youtube.com/v/6m3Yv53KKBk

Admittedly, they are very very rare in moto gp. More common on a lower level though. I think there has been 2 or 3 this year with oil leak in British Superbikes
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Warlock

Hehe, there is some smoke there  ;D.

HornetMaX

Quote from: matty0l215 on September 22, 2014, 09:29:25 PM
Admittedly, they are very very rare in moto gp. More common on a lower level though. I think there has been 2 or 3 this year with oil leak in British Superbikes
Yep, that was my point. Even in BSB, 2 or 3 over a whole season (what, 10 races, 2 manches each ?) with a full grid it's pretty rare.

But I'm not against the feature in principle.

MaX.

matty0l215

Would be nice to see, even for the rider so they know the engine has gone. I've stopped a couple of times thinking i'd run out of fuel but had blown the engine.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Desteban

In the IDM there was barely any weekend without oil on track. Some oil leaks on the track were due to a crash  but I am sure a bunch of them were caused by a blown engine. I remember 2 of them in Zolder, Oschersleben one and 2 in Hockenheim. Those are the ones I can name right now and I am pretty sure if I research there will be even more.

To be fair though most of them were caused by the supersport bikes, those 600cc beasts have a tendency to fail....

So I wouldn't consider engine failure to be rare, it just seems to depend on the engine :P

HornetMaX

Quote from: Desteban on September 22, 2014, 10:44:48 PM
So I wouldn't consider engine failure to be rare, it just seems to depend on the engine :P
Indeed, that's why I referred to motogp / gp in my 1st post.
In more budget-sensitive categories ( :) ), I'm sure it happens more frequently.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 22, 2014, 11:22:53 PM
Quote from: Desteban on September 22, 2014, 10:44:48 PM
Indeed, that's why I referred to motogp / gp in my 1st post.
In more budget-sensitive categories ( :) ), I'm sure it happens more frequently.

MaX.

Lol you should see the championship im in! lol  ::)

Pretty sure we are lab rats for oil tyres  haha

To be fair its the sidecars that always spoil the day.. Why are they so unreliable? Always dumping oil everywhere!!! At least the bikes have a belly pan to help catch the oil.
They should race last at the end of the weekend :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 23, 2014, 12:24:02 AM
To be fair its the sidecars that always spoil the day.. Why are they so unreliable? Always dumping oil everywhere!!! At least the bikes have a belly pan to help catch the oil.
They should race last at the end of the weekend :)
Now that I recall, that was the case when I saw a french SBK event in Ledenon ... sidecar = last :)

MaX.