• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Tyre warmers

Started by BOBR6 84, September 23, 2014, 07:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

September 23, 2014, 07:42:54 PM Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:56:27 PM by BOBR6 84
Not massively important in gpbikes.. But, how about the option to warm your tyres in the garage!?

Doesnt need to be a visual thing, maybe just temperature pre-sets?

I find at the moment you need to wait until the tyres reach around 60 degrees before you get good grip levels.. Thats fine! I would like some heat straight away though! :) would make it easier to maintain tyre pressures too!

Just a suggestion..

Desteban

As far as I know, your tyres have 60°C right away. You can check up on it, go out of pit and immediately back to garage. There you can see your tyre temp and it should be ~59°C

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Desteban on September 23, 2014, 07:56:11 PM
As far as I know, your tyres have 60°C right away. You can check up on it, go out of pit and immediately back to garage. There you can see your tyre temp and it should be ~59°C

Really? Ok I didnt notice that..

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 23, 2014, 07:57:48 PM

Really? Ok I didnt notice that..

When you change or swap your tyres for a new set, your tyres temps do go back to zero.  :)

Hawk.

Desteban

Yes but only till you go out of the garage into the pit. The moment you do that your tyres have 60°C again. Just tested it to make sure I am not telling storys :D

BOBR6 84

So do the pressures increase straight away too?

Hawk

Quote from: Desteban on September 23, 2014, 08:14:33 PM
Yes but only till you go out of the garage into the pit. The moment you do that your tyres have 60°C again. Just tested it to make sure I am not telling storys :D

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 23, 2014, 08:25:29 PM
So do the pressures increase straight away too?

LOL..... Then this is something that could do with updating so that the tyre temps and pressures show as soon as you change the tyre, don't we think?  ;) ;D

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Yes! At the moment its all guess work to get the right pressures I want.

So the tyres are at 60 degrees straight away, yet the pressures carry on increasing lap after lap!

If we could have the tyres warmed up to optimal temp in the garage, the pressures should stay pretty much the same when you hit the track.

It may work out to be the same but would be better knowing before we leave the garage..

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 23, 2014, 10:36:35 PM
So the tyres are at 60 degrees straight away, yet the pressures carry on increasing lap after lap!

If we could have the tyres warmed up to optimal temp in the garage, the pressures should stay pretty much the same when you hit the track.
Why ?

The temperature will change when lapping, so will the pressure.

I don't get what the problem is. (except maybe for what reported by Hawk, when you swap tires).

MaX.

BOBR6 84

its not a problem.. id simply like the option in the garage

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 24, 2014, 07:01:04 AM
its not a problem.. id simply like the option in the garage

OK for that (option to set warmers temp), but then what did you mean with:

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on September 23, 2014, 10:36:35 PM

MaX.

BOBR6 84

September 24, 2014, 07:28:39 AM #11 Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 07:32:06 AM by BOBR6 84
so i can select the temperature of the tyres in the garage, to get my prefered pressures! without having to leave the garage first!

Hawk

Don't racing teams use an inert gas these days? I mean I heard that racing teams use an inert gas in their tyres that doesn't expanding on heating and therefore gives the team a stable tyre pressure that once set doesn't change during the race?

I'm no expert on this so I could be totally wrong, but it would make sense if they could do this?  ;)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

all i know is my pressures are the same after a race as before the race lol obviously they increase during the race but no idea how much.. by the time i get back to the pits they are the same as before lol

say if i get 28-30 before, its probably around 30-31 when i get back

yoshimura

We must already start having values ​​of real pressure, the simulation is completely false.One tire under inflated, overheated;1.60 bars(23.22 psi) of pressure,is false for the race.