• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes Central

Started by Furious, December 22, 2013, 12:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furious

Since we are able to create new content for our beloved game in the proper way I would like to suggest something like GP Bikes Central.
For example, every one who played rFactor knows RFCentral site. If you want to get something for rF1 you can easily go there and find. Who can help with creating such thing? A site with all the tracks and mods properly sorted and accessible, moderated by a few. Creators of mods would post there their work, and it would be a place with most actual mods.

What you think about it?

JamoZ

I was just about to write a post about this. A centralized mod database is a must. I`ve been playing rFactor for many years, and you have litteraly thousands of mods for it. There are so many versions of mods out there on the web that it`s really hard to keep track of all the updates and versions. We need to organize the mods as soon and as effecient as possible in order to prevent fragmentation and chaos.

Ideally a list of who is modding what would be good too. 5 people creating an R6 is not going to work. On rFactor Central you had a W.I.P section where you could see which mods were in development and what the progress on that mod was.

If you take it even a step further you could assign a small group of 2/3 fast and well known riders for a sort of quality control. People put up a mod for approval, and only after a quick quality control the mod would be allowed on the servers. I`ve seen so many bad mods out there for all sorts of sims, it saves everyone alot of time. Dibu for not having to update the servers for every crap mod that gets released, and the riders not having to look for good mods, since all the allowed mods are quality controlled...

It may sound harsh, but we have to start doing stuff like this or else we`ll end up with the same problems as rFactor has...

HornetMaX

I agree with everything, but we may want to start with something lighter than a dedicated site: we could use this forum, creating appropriate sections for physics mods (geomerty/engine etc) and for bike 3d models.

Physics models are tiny, they can problably be kept here as attachments.
Bike models will need to be hosted outside (Mega seems to be the best choice).

Quote from: JamoZ on December 22, 2013, 12:40:37 AM
If you take it even a step further you could assign a small group of 2/3 fast and well known riders for a sort of quality control.
This is not a step further, this is mandatory in my opinion.
I'd say even more than 2/3, maybe in the 5-10 (as not all will be available all the time).
Fast is not mandatory but they must be able to detect and understand bike behaviors (I know some that are fast but not that fast and still are much much better than some very fast riders when it comes down to make a setup). Also, they must be able to write an understandable english (i.e. google translator is not an option, sorry).

One of the things I really really would like to see is modders using a common naming scheme: for paints (bike/suits/helmets), for tracks, for 3d bike models and, of course, for physics too.

MaX.

Hany12

sites gp-bikescz.com waits updates will be possible to insert mods to registered users.

C21

QuoteFast is not mandatory but they must be able to detect and understand bike behaviors (I know some that are fast but not that fast and still are much much better than some very fast riders when it comes down to make a setup).
Fully agree on that.
The most needed ability is the understanding of the bikes behavior, and the ability to compare the reaction of the simulated bikes to real ones. (No , we donĀ“t need real MotoGP driver but drivers who raced in the past od are still racing motorcycles on track will be much appriciated.)
In my opinion we should stay at the official forum pages to host Mods (for now) - until a good and well developed database is reached.
If RC1 is released, mods could be hosted on other GP-Bikes Sites. (jm2ct)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hany12

can give the download mods from other sites. But it will only download the official mods that will run on the server (Dibu)