• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:08:14 PM

New member!

Started by DrDeath1978, October 05, 2014, 09:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrDeath1978

October 05, 2014, 09:10:38 PM Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:19:10 PM by DrDeath1978
Hello, let me introduce myself. I am a 36 year old guy from Norway. i have been active in the sim community ever since about 2006 when i discovered GTR2. I was hooked ever since  ;D

I was a member of GTR2 League for quite some time, before i evolved to Race Evolution (Race 07) and eventually Assetto Corsa, wich is my preferred sim as of today. I must say, i am really quite strict when it comes to sims, 99% out there is just bullshit and fails to give me a feeling of actually mastering complex physics. However - i have dabbled into GP Bikes before - but did not pursue it because i only had hardware for car sims, and therefore it failed to give me any immersion of what a bike sim should be like.

Now, last week i decided to buy a xbox 360 controller (wired - i only had wireless previously) and decided to have another go at GP Bikes. O M F G. This is the sim i didnt know i allways was looking for haha! The level of physics complexity is just crazy - i mean WOW. I started driving this thursday, and now after 10+ hours of practice, i actually manage to complete a lap or two @ brands without falling off! (Mind you - i am not yet that fast really, but are able to at least empty a couple of gears on each stretch) and it is just so F****** satisfying! This is by far the most realistic sim i have ever tried - and its right up there with the legendary RBR! 8)

So - just a big heads up to PiBoso, looking forward to continue honing my skills so i eventually maybe can join you guys in online races!

Best regards - DrDeath1978 8)

doubledragoncc

Welcome to the world of GPB Dr. Its great to see someone love this for what it is. It takes time to learn but is sooooooo worth it. This is a great community and without it GPB would not have the content it does, these are real people wanting a real sim and helping to make it what it is. Piboso is the one and only!!! Eat your heart out Milestone and Capcom, you suck lol.

We Dr just wanted to welcome you here, enjoy, you cant beat it.
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

WALKEN

Welcome to our forums and thank you for your kind words. I hope you enjoy the community, and remember if you need help just ask..  :)
Help me, help you!

Hawk

Hi  DrDeath1978.

Welcome aboard mate!

If you need any help, we're all friendly here so just ask and we'll point you in the right direction.  ;)

Hawk.

Harrytmj66

Welcome. Hope you enjoy GP Bikes and the community

Medi

October 06, 2014, 05:08:29 PM #5 Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:18:44 PM by Medi
Welcome and a tip from another GPB noob: Make your own bike paint soon. Makes crashing not quite as frustrating when you can look at how your very own bike looks ingame every time  ;D

SwarleyRuiz

I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.

janaucarre

daryn98a

Hi, I need help. When ever I click to start up Gp bikes, a thing pops up and says core.exe has stopped working. Please give a suggestion. I have already reinstalled the game

janaucarre

Have you deleted this folder: my documents/ piboso
Make a save of this folder anywhere else before delete it.