• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:22:32 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Full motion simulator

Started by PiBoSo, November 19, 2014, 05:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Hello everyone.
Got an email with a request for a full motion simulator to be used with GP Bikes.
Does anyone know of someone who could create one?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Furious

November 19, 2014, 05:39:00 PM #1 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:43:23 PM by Furious
Isn't that an email from me? I have send you one couple of months ago but with no replay. I'm building a full motion bike simulator.

Or am I not understanding you correctly. You were requested to sell someone a full motion bike simulator based on GP Bikes?

PiBoSo

Quote from: h106frp on November 19, 2014, 05:40:46 PM
Nearest i have seen is this, could try contacting the seller  8). Need a big living room though
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORBIKE-VIDEO-GAME-SIM-MOTOGP-ROSSI-MARQUEZ-MANX-TT-McGUINNESS-SBK-BSB-XMAS-/321588964953?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item4ae0322e59

It was an email from a company that organizes events for manufacturers, so it must be a professional platform, not a toy.

PiBoSo

If possible, please provide a link to a website and a contact that can be forwarded to companies asking for a full motion simulator.

HornetMaX

On the french forum, Sh@rk creates something that may be interesting.

Look into this thread (from last post up, to see his most recent creations): http://forum.motonline-france.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1168&start=270

In principle, I don't really like his approach (lean angle is passive and mixes with steering angle to provide GPB "steer" input), but it seems to be pretty effective.

I think he recently snatched some "sort of pro" contracts.

MaX.

h106frp

The motorrad looks good, nice if they added force feedback to the suspension with a couple of vertical rams and some torsional  feedback horizontally through the front wheel

Hawk

BOBR6 84

Furious

Really guys? Can't you see that all of those "simulators" are useless? What are they simulating? With all that wobling left/right front/back ? Where is the usage of gravity to simulate acceleration? there is force feedback on the handlebars? Where is information about  position on the bike even gathered?  Every single one you have shown are shity work.

h106frp

Need the rider to be putting more physical effort in though for true simulation experience, the rider in the clip does not give the impression of someone trying to tame a 200+bhp bike

PiBoSo

BOBR6 84

There was a company at the NEC birmingham piston heads show!

F1 sim suspended in the air with hydraulics.. Best sim experience of my life.. (sit in car, size of a go-kart, 3 monitor setup in front of you) Il find out the company when I get home. Unless somebody else knows what I mean? They can post..