• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

MaxTM telemetry - put your comments here.

Started by HornetMaX, May 28, 2014, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: neoraptor on November 27, 2014, 10:28:23 AM
Hi Max,
I have been quite busy with real motorcycle racing this year and didn't have time to play GPB since last year.  :'(
Hi neoraptor, nice to have you back !

Your tool is a really nice start to analyze GPB data.  ;D
I use AEMData (= Gems Data) and here are few things that could be added to make your tool even more cool and usable !!
* Add a channel list where all channels are displayed with their values
* Drag and drop channel would be nice from this channel list to the graph
Yeah I had a look at GEMS before designing my tool, it's nice.
However my intention has never been to rival these "pro" tools: I don't have the time (nor the skills, likely) to produce such a high quality tool.
Drag and drop would be nice, but the general idea in my tool is that once you have saved a few layouts, normally you just use them (by loading them instead of recreating them).

* Multiple curve on graph : allow to superpose 2 or more curves (example : RPM and speed on the same graph)
What would be the difference compared to have two separate graphs ?

* Cursor line : Draw a line to show where the cursor is instead of displaying the box on the curve
I'll have a look, if I recall correctly I had this in my first versions but changed it because I didn't like it.

* Channel value placement : Put the channel(s) value(s) in the corner instead of following the cursor so that it is easier to read while hovering the curve
I'll have a look, but having them next to the cursor should be actually be easier to read: if they are in a corner, you won't be able to watch at the same time the values and the cursor.

* Allow to change channel colors : this would be really nice because for now you can end up with colors that are not really readable (red and black on grey background for example)
I'll have a look. Maybe I'll just change the default colors to something else.

* Allow to add widgets instead only curves (as a basis : tachometer for speed, digit for gear would be enough)
To me the gauges and displays are more gimmicks than anything else.
Anyway it would require too much dev effort to be done properly. Unlikely to happen.

* Add math channels with some basic functions (filter, add, difference, derivative)
* Add velocity histogram widget for suspension analysis (can be generated from a math channel for example)
Too much dev effort. Sorry.

* Highlight the zoom zone on the GPS track map to know which zone we are working on
* Add an overview bar to have a visual reference where we are when zoomed (total width is 100% of the lap, zoom might be between 24% and 49%)
First one is in my todo list. Second is probably redundant once the 1st is done.

Thanks for all your comments !!

MaX.

Phathry25

Stopped in to say thanks.  Saw that wasn't on the acceptable list of way to show my appreciation.  So I will not be saying thanks for this must have plugin.  Sorry.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Phathry25 on December 02, 2014, 03:57:06 AM
Stopped in to say thanks.  Saw that wasn't on the acceptable list of way to show my appreciation.  So I will not be saying thanks for this must have plugin.  Sorry.
I applause the discipline. Take note guys ! :)

I may have one question for you: if I'm not wrong you seem to be pretty well known in the MX community and have some more than decent experience in MX too. Would that plugin/tool be of any use for MXB ? Do MX riders use this kind of stuff in real life ?

Effort to port it to MXB is very small, just wanting to know if it's worth.

MaX.

Phathry25

Most definitely. It's been suggested for that other counter steering simulator multiple times. Although I don't think the current MX Bikes community would be that interested in it. You kind of just have most people kicking the tires over there right now, and a few super devoted people who think everything is perfect. IMO it's more of a tool for a competitive racing environment that doesn't exist there quite yet, and you'd be best to wait until there was a community more interested in utilizing it.

HornetMaX

It was quite my impression. I'll see then, in case I really really don't know what to do a night I may give it a go. Who knows ...

Anyway, in real life, do you have this kind of telemetry stuff on MX bikes ?

MaX.

Phathry25

Do I?  No. It's more or less only at the top of the sport.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Phathry25 on December 03, 2014, 05:50:40 PM
Do I?  No. It's more or less only at the top of the sport.
Uh, OK. Didn't mean "you" personally. Got the overall answer anyway, thx.

MaX.

Yohji

hi max
in rFactor, they has "DataAcquisitionPlugin". it's work rFactor's output telemetry date convert to Motec i2 viewer.
I think  if you can analyze this Dll file. it's may lead to GP Bikes telemetry date can convert to Motec i2 viewer.

sry for bad english

thx.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Yohji on March 22, 2015, 10:21:54 AM
hi max
in rFactor, they has "DataAcquisitionPlugin". it's work rFactor's output telemetry date convert to Motec i2 viewer.
I think  if you can analyze this Dll file. it's may lead to GP Bikes telemetry date can convert to Motec i2 viewer.
Hi Yohji,

I know, I even contacted that guy but of course he didn't want to share his code concerning the Motec format (which is proprietary).

I just thought that instead of wasting time trying to reverse-engineer the format, I was better off using spending the time in creating y tool.

Anyway, probably none of us has very advanced needs in terms of telemetry analysis.

MaX.

Yohji

ok, I got it.

but I hope some things to MaxTM
I want plural line in one window. and Track map panel Background image

like that,

HornetMaX

Quote from: Yohji on March 22, 2015, 01:19:10 PM
I want plural line in one window.
That can eventually be done, but it complicates the interface a bit. What is the advantage compared to having two separate graphs vertically aligned ?

Quote from: Yohji on March 22, 2015, 01:19:10 PM
and Track map panel Background image
Can't do that easily: I'd have to fetch images of all the tracks, ensure they are scaled properly and with the right aspect factor ...
If GPB was able to generate a planar view of a track, then I oculd start thinking about adding that.

MaX.

LegoRacer

Hi there. We are using KRP.   We hear the heartbeat and CTRL + Z says it's 'on'   but there are no files being written.  YOu mention the MaxTM.ini file - does the plugin create it itself?   Does it create the MaxTM folder?  KRP is installed in C:\Program Files\Kart Racing Pro and the associated KRP .DLO file is in the plugins folder as is MaxTM_data.    There is no telemetry files, no folders, and no ini file created.  I see the sample one posted from another user, and i was about to create the .ini myself but i wanted to know is there some configuration in KRP core or settings i need to do or anyting else?   It mentions the Data Directory, however i don't see any place to configure it in a .ini or any other file.

HornetMaX

Quote from: LegoRacer on May 15, 2015, 03:05:39 PM
Hi there. We are using KRP.   We hear the heartbeat and CTRL + Z says it's 'on'   but there are no files being written.  YOu mention the MaxTM.ini file - does the plugin create it itself?   Does it create the MaxTM folder?  KRP is installed in C:\Program Files\Kart Racing Pro and the associated KRP .DLO file is in the plugins folder as is MaxTM_data.    There is no telemetry files, no folders, and no ini file created.  I see the sample one posted from another user, and i was about to create the .ini myself but i wanted to know is there some configuration in KRP core or settings i need to do or anyting else?   It mentions the Data Directory, however i don't see any place to configure it in a .ini or any other file.
Hi, it creates the .ini itself (when no .ini is found). Better to delete the .ini you manually created.

The .ini and the MaxTM directory containing the logged data are under the Piboso directory (e.g. C:\Users\MaX\Documents\PiBoSo\Kart Racing Pro).

MaX.

doNico

Hey MaX,

i tried to download the file but it says, its "infected by a virus, only the owner is able to download it"

did i miss something?

~doN

HornetMaX

It's clean, I checked on virustotal and only 1 antivirus reports a false positive (over 50 or something).

I have no idea why google drive is getgting a false positive (it may come from Qt 5.5).

I'm on vacation right now, once home I may find a different hosting solution (mega or something).

MaX.