• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:12:56 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

time for a real moto controller(diy)

Started by tseklias, June 12, 2014, 08:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: tseklias on July 07, 2014, 05:18:26 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on July 06, 2014, 10:57:50 PM
Wow! Impressive!  ;D 8)
I'll be very interested to see this in action once it is complete... Will you make a video and upload it to YouTube for us all to see when completed?  ;D

excuse me hawk i skipped your question, lol i disappointed my 1st fan!  ;D
yes many videos of it working and constructing the hard parts will be uploaded. ask anything you want.

Lol... No problem mate. I'll be looking forward to seeing the vids.  ;)
If I have the time, I'd like to make something similar myself. Always wanted to try GPBikes with realistic controls, especially the handlebars, throttle, clutch, frnt brake and foot levers for rear brake and gear changes; would be great! ;D

Hawk.

tseklias

Quote from: Hawk_UK on July 07, 2014, 05:56:23 PM
Lol... No problem mate. I'll be looking forward to seeing the vids.  ;)
If I have the time, I'd like to make something similar myself. Always wanted to try GPBikes with realistic controls, especially the handlebars, throttle, clutch, frnt brake and foot levers for rear brake and gear changes; would be great! ;D

ok then be patience and ill do the whole job easy for you. in the end ill make a pdf file with a step-by-step build of it and a couple of vids(working&building manual).

tseklias

ok guys here's the next part you need to order from the lathe shop.

this part needs to be welded on the main-spinning tube and will hold the big sprocket(30t). the inner hole must be slightly bigger than the tube(0.5-1mm) in order to just slide it in(if you want to make it easier for you just cut a piece from your tube and give it to lathe machinist to use it as sample). the outer diameter doesnt matter at all. as you can see in the right image i also made a helping "guide-scratch" right where i need to make the bolts to hold the sprocket.
the dimensions of my washer are: inner hole=4.9cm, outer diameter=8.5cm and the guide=7cm(3.5 from center)

*keep in mind that this part must be a metal that can be welded(dont order aluminium, teflon etc)
*also about the guide-scratch i used a 30t sprocket from a mini bike(honda pre '90) if you use another one you must measure the distance between two opposite holes

tseklias

July 20, 2014, 09:34:50 PM #33 Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:06:24 PM by tseklias
fellas i feel i should apologise for going out of time schedule but i work on 2 jobs now and im away from home from 6 oclock till 12 at night and i dont have time to take and upload pictures of the project. but i continue it with small steps everyday, i mostly order stuff i need from here and there. i think and want to show you the project step by step and not straight the finished controller as i want to help everyone to be able to build one replica having the knowledge or not.

right now im working on a set of corrected lean angles for all mod bikes as i believe it is crucial for the right function of the wheel. im at 90% and will upload the files this week if a friend of mine(or whoever with experience and free time) finish the testing. stay tuned i believe youll love this as much as i do.

tseklias

heres the next add-on i told you ill upload it is a secondary update but my opinion is that it is very important to see the controller work correctly. you can give it a try with your current controllers also. if you have the maxhud installed and enable the lean degrees display youll witness straight on the difference.

link to topic: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1326.0

tseklias

December 04, 2014, 08:32:33 PM #35 Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:44:24 PM by tseklias
long time has passed and ive not posted any news of the project. sorry about that but i have migrated and im still in the "fight" for the basics(job,home...).

i have updated my project with many new ideas and a prototype idea with motion movement! i will upload the new pictures of it asap and just wanted to say that i wont let this project die for no reason, i will take it to the end.

doubledragoncc

Quote from: tseklias on July 07, 2014, 04:19:00 PM
Quote from: Klax75 on July 07, 2014, 04:10:10 PM
I can't use any of these in real life so. Doesn't matter to me. lol If I could use these, it would me I had the body to rider a real bike. Woo hoo! ;D

oh i think i understood. im sorry i didnt know about it. either way on our subject i think the closest thing you can buy and not diy, is the IASystems controller, which imo i dont like. in the end riding a bike feels like a fight/cooperation of balance between rider and the machine i think this is the feel a controller must give you, not being able to drink a coffee while riding.

Hi tseklias,

you should read the posts where people are using my SPSS steering without FFB and love it and one I know sure as hell knows how to ride in real life. Before you make sarcastic comments about my system show us yours working in a video! I will help anyone here with a project as they show respect and just need help. I could say a lot about your concept that will help but it seems you think that only your way is the right way. Show us a video please. And for the books, I used to be a long distance medical motorcycle courier and quite often drank a cuppa coffee while riding when I didnt have to risk my life saving someone. It was said to explain that the steering is neutral and precise, you can ride hard or ride slow but have total control of the bike just with the throtle hand on the bars.

Hope you understand I wish you all the best in your project, just dont take the piss out of mine okay!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

tseklias

December 05, 2014, 02:30:20 PM #37 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:33:33 PM by tseklias
Quote from: doubledragoncc on December 05, 2014, 01:46:18 PM
either way on our subject i think the closest thing you can buy and not diy, is the IASystems controller, which imo i dont like

in the end riding a bike feels like a fight/cooperation of balance between rider and the machine i think this is the feel a controller must give you, not being able to drink a coffee while riding.

Hi tseklias,

you should read the posts where people are using my SPSS steering without FFB and love it and one I know sure as hell knows how to ride in real life. Before you make sarcastic comments about my system show us yours working in a video! I will help anyone here with a project as they show respect and just need help. I could say a lot about your concept that will help but it seems you think that only your way is the right way. Show us a video please. And for the books, I used to be a long distance medical motorcycle courier and quite often drank a cuppa coffee while riding when I didnt have to risk my life saving someone. It was said to explain that the steering is neutral and precise, you can ride hard or ride slow but have total control of the bike just with the throtle hand on the bars.

Hope you understand I wish you all the best in your project, just dont take the piss out of mine okay!!!

DD

as i said my controller is not yet ready. but what did i say about the iasystem is that i dont like it, that i want something more hard to control. why did you take what im after from a controller and put it down on your example? i wasnt talking about your system i was talking about what i am after.

read again please carefully. i'm on this forum around 1 year now and even i disagreed with many people in many different things i was never rude or offended them. i think that you simply misunderstood.

doubledragoncc

Thats fine mate. Hope your system works out for you. I have been building controls since 1983 so got some miles under my feet on it.

That aside I think you will find that as someone said before the pivot point on you system is very high and bikes dont pivot at the headstem, its from the contact point of the tire to the ground. I am just wondering how it will feel on your system?

Well best of luck and have fun with it.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

tseklias

Quote from: doubledragoncc on December 05, 2014, 04:24:46 PM
Thats fine mate. Hope your system works out for you. I have been building controls since 1983 so got some miles under my feet on it.

That aside I think you will find that as someone said before the pivot point on you system is very high and bikes dont pivot at the headstem, its from the contact point of the tire to the ground. I am just wondering how it will feel on your system?

Well best of luck and have fun with it.

DD

im glad you havent misundertood me. hmm i think thats a very long discussion. apparently i agree applying these physics on the road not on a controller. but thats any easy problem to solve later on.
my problem now is finding the cog and log to complete the geometry and an electrician to wire everything up cause im too dumb with electronics.

tseklias

December 15, 2014, 09:00:57 PM #40 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:23:34 PM by tseklias
finally i just finished the geometry schematics of my controller and here follows the pictures. as i previously said i was long trying to develop a chassis ready to house motion simulator. please excuse me for low quality pictures and not detailed as the previous ones but i switched from corel to inkscape and that's my really first try with this program. so here we go:

with and without rider

under braking and accelerate

the rear view of the controller and where the monitor will be positioned while cornering   ::)

and finally an upper view of the controller showing the side movement simulating side tire spin.

please keep in mind that these are pictures that wil help me later to build the controller as a guide to not forget anything. i'm just releasing the plans earlier so please don't grab a ferule and start complaining, their just my personal help.

h106frp

I think the high CofG (rider body) relative to the spindle axis will cause problems for the G25, been looking around for other reasons and G25 is only 3 or 4 Nm at the spindle.

tseklias

December 15, 2014, 09:45:03 PM #42 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:50:38 PM by tseklias
Quote from: h106frp on December 15, 2014, 09:34:45 PM
I think the high CofG (rider body) relative to the spindle axis will cause problems for the G25, been looking around for other reasons and G25 is only 3 or 4 Nm at the spindle.

i may not use the g25 motors, maybe not either a g25. things will change in the construction cause i want to add also force feedback for the handlebars to simulate wobble and front traction loss.

ps yes please keep looking for other reasons it may not function right, mostly geometrically. all the suggestions and questions also may lead to a disfunctionality i can't see alone and will be much appreciated

h106frp

Its in another thread discussion but have a read of this its quite interesting;
http://www.superbikeschool.com/machinery/no-bs-machine.php
I think you need to split the steering from the bike chassis movements, the inputs are from the steering input (with FF) and the bike rotations are the result computed by the simulator. The clever bit would be where (if) you could split the riders CofG adjustment inputs to the system (body position moves) from the chassis movement changes generated by the simulator. It would be something along the lines of the difference in torque needed by the motor to hold position with the rider inputs over that it expects to generate just to achieve the correct bike attitudes.

Quite a project 8)

Eagle

WOW! That's a really cool project. Who hasn't dreamed of this kind of controllers! AND IT'S STILL ON! Keep up the good work mate.  ;D