• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:24:42 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

ROUND 1 - Aragon

Started by ALEale, December 09, 2014, 01:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yan24

core.exe in the final straight of the last lap !!!!!!

I'm really bummed

google translation

finpower

3 time kick me som driver in the gras :o
after i feel good in the race,but mammamia my engin blowing up :o

i hope for the next race 8)
Whoever finds google translator errors, can keep them
Intel Core i7 4770 CPU 3.40 GHz 64 Bit Windows 10
Nvidia GeForse GTX 760

LeaderAsd

Sorry Yan24 for the crash... next time i'll be more clean :)

yan24

damage could have been hit a little drunk on the final laps.

Revenge in the next round.

google translation.

Furious

Quick results for the race. If any of the riders have EXPORTED the results on their own, pls contact us.

JJS209

i would like to say that i have had a problem directly after my first counting quali-lap. i got a core after that first lap when i was trying to go to the garage. after that, i restarted the game but on the conneted-screen, rejoining the server, the game crashed with a core.exe

the strange thing is, that i was able to connect to the stk trainingserver. i am a little bit frustated, more after i saw the livestream...

_oDi_

well ... false start without moving, fantastic... ... :)

fortunately Aragon... is gone!

see you in next race.

ALEale

for me didn't count a lap but no problem....

Hawk

Quote from: ALEale on December 10, 2014, 10:45:47 PM
for me didn't count a lap but no problem....

Hi ALE.

I think the non-lap count is when riders run off track at a checkpoint and miss the checkpoint. I saw many riders run wide off track and then not come back on track for quite some distance while I was racing and while watching the live stream record.
I'm really not sure how that problem could be solved right now with the way checkpoints are placed with TrackED as part of the .RDF file??

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 10, 2014, 11:10:59 PM
Hi ALE.

I think the non-lap count is when riders run off track at a checkpoint and miss the checkpoint. I saw many riders run wide off track and then not come back on track for quite some distance while I was racing and while watching the live stream record.
I'm really not sure how that problem could be solved right now with the way checkpoints are placed with TrackED as part of the .RDF file??
No Hawk, sorry.

It is right that if you miss a checkpoint you may not get your lap counted (even this is TBC, I think you don't get the lap counted in practice / qualify, in races it just gives you a time penalty, TBC).

But:

• Aragon has no checkpoints  :)
  • We've seen plenty of times (past GPB Italia championship) a rider doing a clean lap (zero doubts) and the lap not being counted. For whichever reason, the server seems to start missing laps at a given point.
  • Miscounting the laps of course messes up the final classification: in the classification above, if the server has missed one clean lap for ALE, ALE is infact 3rd, not 9th (assuming other riders hadn't got the same problem) ...

MaX.

Hawk

Pretty reasonable race for me, apart from a session of hitting riders that spawned in front of me after they'd obviously fell-off; that set me back to about 11th place and had to try and fight my way back up to the middle field. But very pleased with the result so far.

Thanks ALE, great job mate! ;)

Also big thanks to Furious for doing the live streaming. Well done mate!  ;)

It was great fun, I enjoyed it!  ;D

Hawk.

Hawk

December 10, 2014, 11:36:35 PM #26 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:40:09 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: HornetMaX on December 10, 2014, 11:20:03 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 10, 2014, 11:10:59 PM
Hi ALE.

No Hawk, sorry.

It is right that if you miss a checkpoint you may not get your lap counted (even this is TBC, I think you don't get the lap counted in practice / qualify, in races it just gives you a time penalty, TBC).

But:

• Aragon has no checkpoints  :)
  • We've seen plenty of times (past GPB Italia championship) a rider doing a clean lap (zero doubts) and the lap not being counted. For whichever reason, the server seems to start missing laps at a given point.
  • Miscounting the laps of course messes up the final classification: in the classification above, if the server has missed one clean lap for ALE, ALE is infact 3rd, not 9th (assuming other riders hadn't got the same problem) ...

MaX.

Hi Max.

Your correct, I've just checked and there are no checkpoints on Aragon. But looking at it in TrackED it is probably the splits markers that are at fault?  If you look on Aragon between the 12/13th corners, many bikes run wide there and then cut across that corner to get back on track and would therefore miss that split-line positioned there. This would surely totally throw a blindside to the lap count, wouldn't it?

Hawk.

PS: I think ALE should go through the replay and re-classify the result, as obviously the result is wrong with the missed lap counts.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on December 10, 2014, 11:36:35 PM
Hi Max.

Your correct, I've just checked and there are no checkpoints on Aragon. But looking at it in TrackED it is probably the splits markers that are at fault?  If you look on Aragon between the 12/13th corners, many bikes run wide there and then cut across that corner to get back on track and would therefore miss that split-line positioned there. This would surely totally throw a blindside to the lap count, wouldn't it?

Hawk.

Yes, that could be. I can't grant for ALE in this specific case (we should look at the replay, that's easy to do) but I'm positive that in the past we've seen many many cases of laps missed for no real reason.

MaX.

ALEale

December 11, 2014, 07:55:04 AM #28 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:57:35 AM by ALEale
for some mystery reasons server didn't record replay and results :(

so the classification posted by Furious will be the official i think :/

P.S.: somebody has recorded the replay at least?  ::)

HornetMaX

Quote from: ALEale on December 11, 2014, 07:55:04 AM
for some mystery reasons server didn't record replay and results :(
I see a lot of frustration coming for the next races ...  ::)

Better warn the guys (the ones that are not yet aware, at any rate).

MaX.