• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:16:08 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

JJ2S X4 500 Motorcycle

Started by Furious, December 22, 2014, 08:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on December 23, 2014, 11:39:47 AM
Few years back there was a lot of people looking at 2 stroke cycle with fuel injection and mechanical valve operated exhaust ports to reduce emissions, wonder if its a development of those ideas
As far as I know, everything is more or less dead, the reason being that such a two stroke would be as complicate as an equivalent 4 strokes, for more or less the same performances (power/torque and emissions), so little reason to invest lots of money in it.

However I've been told that there are niches in which 2 strokes are indeed used (and sometime preferred), like small (e.g. 300-400ccc) enduro/cross engines.

For big road/track bikes however, 2 strokes seems to be dead for good.

MaX.

Eagle

>Furious

PLease, learn to me how you did that. *fall on knees*

Btw, how the rims will handle that much power ? oO

Furious

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on December 23, 2014, 12:41:14 PM
>Furious

PLease, learn to me how you did that. *fall on knees*

Btw, how the rims will handle that much power ? oO

He he ;) Nice to hear that. But I am not a creator of this 3D model. The profesional architect is. He is also the founder of the whole idea.

Rims with spokes are not a problem with power delivery due to propper force directions. In general, rims are not worse in any terms than solid rims except mass and complication level.

The thing with engine is, that uses the same way of oil delivery as 4 stroke. The air injection chamber was moved from below the cylinder to above it.

You can see more on jjsdesign.pl site ;)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 23, 2014, 12:16:20 PM

MaX.

He say's with a smile! LOL  :P ;D

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Furious on December 22, 2014, 11:33:35 PM
What you can see is a render. And I have the 3D model from which that was rendered. So hopefully you can expect some nice looking mod.

WOW!!  8) looks real  :o

doubledragoncc

Really like the concept of the motor. Until now the boxer motor (BMW, Goldwing, Porsche etc) is the most proficient configuration for producing power with the least amount of power loss due to the pistons fighting each other. It reminds me of the old aircraft motors with hundreds(slightly exaggerated for fun) of cylinders in a circle. A guy has built a bike with one in it!!!!!

Have you got more renders for us chappy???

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Furious

doubledragoncc

Thanks m8. Its a super clean looking design.

Looking forward to a mod of it and streetfighter style no plastics looks great

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 23, 2014, 02:05:31 PM
Nah, despite the usual mocking, I don't really care if it's 2, 3 or 4 strokes: a good engine (for its purpose) is a good engine, no matter the technology behind. The outcome is what matters.

About that bike, the engine is by far the most interesting thing, would be nice to know more about it. The rest is ... well, design: love it or hate it. I hate the the fork head, not even a japanese on speed could have created that.

There a re a couple of design details that are a bit suspect to me (ground clearance, swing arm looks as flexible as a'50s bike, exhaust looks too small for a conventional 2 strokes), but it's almost always the case with prototypes imagined by architects. Plenty of time to sort things out later on.

Have to admit however, it's very unconventional so kudos for that.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Looks similar to the buel in some ways.. I quite like it. Not keen on the seat unit though.. Nut cracker  :o haha

Furious

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 23, 2014, 06:24:11 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 23, 2014, 02:05:31 PM
Nah, despite the usual mocking, I don't really care if it's 2, 3 or 4 strokes: a good engine (for its purpose) is a good engine, no matter the technology behind. The outcome is what matters.

About that bike, the engine is by far the most interesting thing, would be nice to know more about it. The rest is ... well, design: love it or hate it. I hate the the fork head, not even a japanese on speed could have created that.

There a re a couple of design details that are a bit suspect to me (ground clearance, swing arm looks as flexible as a'50s bike, exhaust looks too small for a conventional 2 strokes), but it's almost always the case with prototypes imagined by architects. Plenty of time to sort things out later on.

Have to admit however, it's very unconventional so kudos for that.

MaX.

Swing arm is calculated for stiffness so it's ok. Exhaust is also proper for this (not conventional) type of 2 stroke engine, as there is no back air load from (exhaust boost) exhaust pipes.
power chart:
http://www.youtube.com/v/GqzYlb80jSY

HornetMaX

Quote from: Furious on December 23, 2014, 09:35:49 PM
Swing arm is calculated for stiffness so it's ok.
OK. It's just that  it looks much "thinner" (overall) and much less triangulated than anything else I've ever seen (on recent motorbikes).

Exhaust is also proper for this (not conventional) type of 2 stroke engine, as there is no back air load from (exhaust boost) exhaust pipes.
Yes, but I don't understand why you can do without that. Looking at the video (assuming I get the principles right) you should have the same efficiency boost (and associated emission reduction) from a properly tuned exhaust.
But to be honest I'm not sure I do understand exactly how it works: in particular, the road followed by the fresh air+fuel in the video below. Is the air injection chamber on top like a torus with ports on 3 "sides" of the cylinder (back, front and right) while the exhaust is the one on the left ?

I'm really no expert on all this, but one thing that strikes me is that I see a lot of sliding surfaces (with holes, lubrication is tricky), much more than on a conventional engine (2 or 4 strokes).

Interesting project anyway, good luck and keep us posted !!

MaX.

Furious

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 23, 2014, 10:30:25 PM
Swing arm is calculated for stiffness so it's ok.
OK. It's just that  it looks much "thinner" (overall) and much less triangulated than anything else I've ever seen (on recent motorbikes).

Exhaust is also proper for this (not conventional) type of 2 stroke engine, as there is no back air load from (exhaust boost) exhaust pipes.
Yes, but I don't understand why you can do without that. Looking at the video (assuming I get the principles right) you should have the same efficiency boost (and associated emission reduction) from a properly tuned exhaust.
But to be honest I'm not sure I do understand exactly how it works: in particular, the road followed by the fresh air+fuel in the video below. Is the air injection chamber on top like a torus with ports on 3 "sides" of the cylinder (back, front and right) while the exhaust is the one on the left ?

I'm really no expert on all this, but one thing that strikes me is that I see a lot of sliding surfaces (with holes, lubrication is tricky), much more than on a conventional engine (2 or 4 strokes).

Interesting project anyway, good luck and keep us posted !!

MaX.

Those big exhausts for old 2 strokes has one purpose. Using the reflected pressure effect to put back the air-fuel-oil mixture into cylinder. As we are rinsing the cylinder with the fresh air and after that inject fuel there is no purpose in those type of exhaust. :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: Furious on December 23, 2014, 11:33:59 PM
As we are rinsing the cylinder with the fresh air and after that inject fuel there is no purpose in those type of exhaust. :)
Ah OK, it wasn't obvious it was direct injection. Clearer, thx.

MaX.

Allen

How to take the really simple concept of a stepped piston 2 stroke and make it really messy and complicated.. The stepped design seperates the induction from the bottom end lubrication.

Wulf stepped engines were tried many years ago and would possibly have made it to production if they hadn't have gone with the Wankle engine for the Norton (which they got from BSA). The Wulf design is now used in a lot of drones and similar vehicles (simple light and good performance) made by Bernard Hooper Engineering (BH was Chief Engineer of Norton Villiers Ltd in the late 60s)