• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:40:32 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Preseason 1 - Victoria

Started by LOOPATELI, January 14, 2015, 07:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose Reina

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 25, 2015, 11:19:59 PM
Quote from: LOOPATELI on January 25, 2015, 09:00:01 PM

Only 24 riders on the grid. We think its not fair to race the ones who sign first so if the number of riders is over 24 only the fastest ones will race . We will explain it better if we are more than 24.

Ans remember registration will be on EACH RACE. Not only in this first race and no matter if it is preseason or season race

This won't work well if one team mate isn't fast enough to make the grid and the other one is?? It would mean splitting the team.

I think you'd have been better doing a qualifying race were the fastest 24 qualified for the season of Champs races. An alternative solution would be to drop the team side of things and just do it as individual?

Hope I've understood you correctly.  ;)

Hawk.

I do not think the grill is full, 24 drivers will not run at a time. But it is possible.
Therefore, we will draw the hotlaps who would be the 24 fastest riders in each race.
If they are at Phillip Island 27 pilots, and one is in position 25, not be able to run that race.
But for the next race, fol participating all registered championship, so here it was in the 25 in Phillip Island, the next race is like 23 in hotlaps, so you could run it, and for each race the same.

Is it more logical if exceeded the limit of 24 pilots, and that has nothing to do with the classification general or team not affect anything.

tonygas

jors666

malve

GP Bikes Germany - www.gp-bikes.de

Hawk

Championship Rule: Quote - "The races will be limited to 24 riders on track. All riders must be registered before every race in each round topic, in order of preference. We do it in this way because maybe a rider who wants to take part in the championship cannot race in some of the races, so his spot can be used by someone else."

This is what I cannot understand......
If every rider has to re-register for every race, then there is the possibility of a rider who has been taking part in every event(and gained championship points) to then be excluded from an event and lose the chance of gaining any points towards the championship title because of there being a full grid before he gets chance to register(if I understand you correctly).
Okay for most of the races there maybe less than 24 riders in which case your ruling would turn out okay, but I wouldn't bet on that. Lol

I just cannot understand your thinking of making riders register for every race? It's going to cause confusion, teams being split and possibly riders missing events that they wanted to ride in to continue their journey in the championship. It will make riding for championship points pointless? A championship season needs a fixed rider participation roster to work properly, surely you can be swapping and changing as this ruling will allow(Have I understood you correctly or am I missing something?)?

Surely if you want riders who are willing to take the place of a missing rider, then why don't you have wildcard entries for each event(Wildcards know that they may not get a ride unless someone drops out).  :)

Am I missing something or cannot anyone else see problems with this ruling???  ::)

Just my thoughts and concerns on the ruling above.

Hawk.

PS:
@Jose: Your explanation above still leaves the possibility of a rider being excluded from riding in some championship events, and also of one member of a team not qualifying to ride in the next event because they are not fast enough yet leaving the other team member to have to ride for the team alone..... I just think you've overcomplicated things in trying to accommodate more than the 24 riders who want to take part.... In my opinion you should draw a rider participation line and stick to it. If a rider doesn't turn up for an event then they are banned from the rest of the championship and a wildcard entry will take their place for the rest of the season. Keep it simple and fixed so people know were they stand, otherwise you'll get people dropping in and out whenever they please.....

No offence intended, Josie.... This is just my opinions advice and concerns I thought I should voice.  ;)

LOOPATELI

the thing is that if we say now: ok we make a hotlap event and the first 24 riders will race the whole champ. I remember when we race the Redbull rookies champ. Full grid; 2 servers (A & B) with up to 14 or 15 riders in each if I remember it right.

After 3 races boom, both servers almost empty. And the last race we race 7/8 riders. Come on.

So we think ok what is the best solution to this. We wanna make races funny to ride and watch later, so we try to have them all with full grid.

Firstly we think about register people in each race and complete the grid in order of registration.

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 26, 2015, 03:59:42 PM
Championship Rule: Quote - "The races will be limited to 24 riders on track. All riders must be registered before every race in each round topic, in order of preference. We do it in this way because maybe a rider who wants to take part in the championship cannot race in some of the races, so his spot can be used by someone else."

This is what I cannot understand......
If every rider has to re-register for every race, then there is the possibility of a rider who has been taking part in every event(and gained championship points) to then be excluded from an event and lose the chance of gaining any points towards the championship title because of there being a full grid before he gets chance to register(if I understand you correctly).
Okay for most of the races there maybe less than 24 riders in which case your ruling would turn out okay, but I wouldn't bet on that. Lol

As you we also think that it is not fair to being kicked out of a race because when you tried to register that race was full. That is why we decided if there where more than 24 riders, only the fastest ones on that track will take part in the race. That is what happens in most of real world races and races. You can register for a race if you want. Thats perfect. and you can can take part in free and cually practices, but not in the races because there is a maximum of riders (safety) or the 107% rule.

If someone is inside the 24 fastest riders on a track, I really don't think he won't be fast enough in other track. And if you take points on a race more of that.

another reason for re-register every race is to know who wants to take part in that race. Maybe you are in the champ but you know you won't race the next round. If we don't do that re-registration we will give you the spot you will not use, because you forget to tell us you can't race or you don't have time to watch the forum.
Using this way they will only register to the race those ones who know they can race.

I hope it is clarify and if it's not please ask whatever you want again, no problems! Its hard to us to explain it perfectly in english and they will always be some misunderstoods.

hezio

Guys,

I am ok with Haw UK and I am ok with Loopateli.
I explain.

Before the World Championship Moto GP it was the Continental Circus !
And the rule was simple for all the race the sunday qualification. Rules 107% on the first time.
If you don't have this time no participation at the race bye bye.
And if you have participate at the last race i am sorry for you bye bye again !
This is the proposition Looapteli for the championship for to have always 24 riders.

Now Haw UK say it's not normal if there is a rider who participate at the first race for example and no at the second because this rider no have the time with the rule 107% on the first time.
I don't think if there is a rider who arrived have put a good time for the first it's not possible for the other race.
When we have a good level on GP Bike approximatly you have the potential for all the track for to have the rules 107%.
But  I am ok with Haw UK for the Team ! If there is a guys who arrived at to have a good time in the team and no the other guys.
It's very difficult for the other rider participate at all the race.

After if we have the Team with guys on the same level no problem.
And if this guys accepted the rules why not.

I think there is a place for all for one race.
For example I am not disponible for the first race for my job and Looapateli know.
If you say all when you are not disponible it's easy after for preparate.

The more simple is tested this rule on the pre season with all riders.
And look the difference time on the rider in the same team.
For to have a system with a make sens.

We want all the same rule for all rider and all plays !
Now GAZZZZZZZZZZZ !

Hawk

Thanks Loopa and hezio for further explaining this ruling to me, and I now fully understand what you are hoping to achieve by this rule.... though I still have my doubts as to whether it will work-out okay for the riders championship and in particular the teams championship throughout a whole season of races? I hope at the end of the season I can say to you guys, "Good on you guys for getting it right.... A job well done!".

Thanks for your understanding, your explanations are appreciated. Thank you.  ;)

Let the racing begin!  ;D  8)

Hawk.

Hawk

Team Horizon GP:

Klax75 #75

Hawk_UK #7

Alexhrc

Alexhrc

1- Loopateli #8
2- Matty0l215 #61
3- Alexhrc #93
4- Jose Reina #62