• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:15:37 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Graphics 2015 standarts

Started by -aGy-, January 28, 2015, 04:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-aGy-

January 28, 2015, 04:37:26 AM Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 07:40:39 AM by -aGy-
i dont want to play this game anymore because graphics are outdated and its just not so good looking. still few years to go and its getting better i hope. physics awesome offcourse

BOBR6 84

Hockenhiem - WSBK 1199 panigale..

Stunning work..

Toomes1

Quote from: -aGy- on January 28, 2015, 04:37:26 AM
i cant play this game anymore because graphics are dated and its just ugly. still few years to go and its getting uglier. bye
The thrill comes from getting to grip with the simulation not sitting there admiring the graphics..... If you spent more time going faster instead of looking for pretty things...... Your opinion might be different.
The graphics are fine, keep on going Piboso.

-aGy-

Quote from: Toomes1 on January 28, 2015, 07:08:52 AM
i cant play this game anymore because graphics are dated and its just ugly. still few years to go and its getting uglier. bye
The thrill comes from getting to grip with the simulation not sitting there admiring the graphics..... If you spent more time going faster instead of looking for pretty things...... Your opinion might be different.
The graphics are fine, keep on going Piboso.

iknow what you mean and agreed. i hope someday graphics  are good as physics. great work piboso. i go check Hockenhiem :)

Toomes1

Stick with it -aGy- I'm sure your start to like mate.

h106frp

Oddly i have gone the other way, tried all the latest and greatest commercial offerings and although they look pretty they do no simulate in any way the feeling of riding a bike which is what i am after in a sim. Even on max realism the SBK series feels like your riding a slot car racer - no fun.

Played a few car driving games on my mates PS4, same conclusion, once the initial cosmetics have been admired the driving model is just fantasy and not much fun beyond 'learning' how to exploit the fantasy car control model. The old MotoGP bike handling was a comedy of 'power' slides more tokyo drift than motogp - horror!.

Graphical trickery can be added easily, modders will produce beautifully detailed models but you need excellent core physics and that elusive bike 'feel' for a good simulation. Probably more important to optomise the 3D engine and make sure it has the flexibility for future development.

As an aside i am as easily swayed by pretty visuals as anyone else, spent loads over the years on fancy mulit graphics card setups just to watch the latest demos (strange how those fancy features took years to get into the actual games!) but with my bike/driving games its the physics and realistic bike feel first.

Must admit i wish more attention was paid to the on bike views, always like these to look good and they are often far less detailed than the bike model which you do not really see much of in game.

Toomes1

Don't know where you get all them words from but well said+1

PiBoSo

January 28, 2015, 10:25:09 AM #7 Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:54:32 AM by PiBoSo
i dont want to play this game anymore because graphics are outdated and its just not so good looking. still few years to go and its getting better i hope. physics awesome offcourse

The tracks could be more detailed and have better textures.
Except for this, everything is supported: normal maps, specular maps, live reflections, static reflections, reflection maps, ambient shadows, 3D grass, 3D marbles, rain reflections, raindrops on the visor, ...
You can even change the track lighting to get that super-contrasted "Gran Turismo style" look.
More fancy effects like motion blur or depth of field or post-processing filters may be added in the future.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

noss69

The graphics are more than adequate level. Most track creator does not try to work the textures.

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 28, 2015, 10:25:09 AM

The tracks could be more detailed and have better textures.
Except for this, everything is supported: normal maps, specular maps, live reflections, static reflections, reflection maps, ambient shadows, 3D grass, 3D marbles, rain reflections, raindrops on the visor, ...
You can even change the track lighting to get that super-contrasted "Gran Turismo style" look.
More fancy effects like motion blur or depth of field or post-processing filters may be added in the future.

Just one question Piboso: If I apply the normal, specular, maps/materials in a Pro 3D app like Maya, do we still have to create the shader text files in the track folders? I'd have said no, but not sure?

Hawk.

HornetMaX

You mean the "psychedelic HDR thing" or something else ?

MaX.

PiBoSo

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 28, 2015, 11:11:54 AM
You mean the "psychedelic HDR thing" or something else ?

MaX.

In Gran Turismo the ambient light is very dark, not realistic at all.
Another popular trick to make screenshots / videos look better is to use a sunset light.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 28, 2015, 11:40:58 AM
In Gran Turismo the ambient light is very dark, not realistic at all.
Another popular trick to make screenshots / videos look better is to use a sunset light.

OK, nothing new then.

As a side note, the way "fog" is handled in ambient light is not very satisfactory.

Many tracks look "bleached" because excessive usage of the fog: OK, that's something that the track creator can fix, but still it doesn't really look like fog.

MaX.

noss69

The only details that I would see would be better now:
- Motorcycle damage
- Exhaust flames
- Deformation field

h106frp

Would be nice to see a small technology demonstrator track, very simple small oval (speedway track) size but with all the different graphic tech features implemented even if it was not in a very realistic way.  Curious as to just what the engine could deliver if pushed to the limits on a small project and to highlight what is capable and how to execute it for the track builders. I think people only include what they are familiar with or have already seen in another track.

Does the engine do animation?, always nice to see flags flutter, look odd if they are static and it might be nice if the track marshalls moved a bit.............