• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:51:56 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

.scl, .engn, .tyre: syntax rules ?

Started by HornetMaX, February 10, 2015, 01:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Very disappointed when I read this.... Max has been here for many years, and we've seen this happen before...... I'm sure Max is big enough to take this on the chin, but for sure Max deserves more respect than that, and I'm pleased to see that Piboso has apologised for any offence that could have been taken from his response....

Max has done SO much for this community, not only for his brilliant Utility Mods, but also for his willingness to really dig down deep and explain in detail the way things work. I for one really appreciate Max's contributions.... He's taught me a heck of a lot of stuff in understanding how things work, and has greatly added to my enjoyment of GPB over the years.

Piboso, I do understand that you want to bring out official editing tools for GPB and that's brilliant that your willing to do so, but while we are waiting for you to do that, and let's face it we do wait and wait, and wait in a frustrated but also in an understanding way(for the reasons you've pointed out above) or most of us wouldn't still be here supporting you and GPB; but in the meantime, why have a go at Max for wanting to help the community understand and edit the sound files properly now? And why, when he needs a little information from you to help him do a better job for us all do you decide to try and slap him down for it? If I was you Piboso, I'd be thinking, "Well if Max can do a great job on his sound editor then it may just save me time and work on doing it myself". That way you could contribute your limited time on other issues that also need sorting out. Turn a negative into a positive..... Modding GPB is our way of supporting you and the GPB project, but you seem hell bent on rejecting any possible solution of help whatsoever...... There is such a huge passion for your GPB project here, so I just cannot understand, especially when you freely admit that it is lack of funds from GPB that limit it's development within a time criteria.
As Bob and others have suggested many times before, why don't you do a online crowd fund raiser, or a "Steam Greenlight"(together with a GPB beta release on steam(every developer seems to be doing that those days( and let's face it. Most people who would buy GPB probably don't even realise GPB exists(Steam would solve that problem for sure!)). This would very possibly enable you to have the funds available to fully develop GPB in a reasonable time frame. Okay, so what if a crowd fund raiser turns out not to raise what you'd need to do this, at least you would've explored that avenue; and if it fails then just go back to the development cycle your doing now. You can't lose by trying surely?

Anyway.... Max. You certainly have my support and appreciation for all the work you do here for us all mate.  ;)

Hawk.

Warlock

Uhh, i missed this thread.......

SAD  ::)  , really sad....

PiBoSo

"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 11, 2015, 10:46:53 AM
I'm sure Max is big enough to take this on the chin
I tried to eschew but failed :) Anyway, bruises are mostly gone.

Jokes apart, I guess the whole thing is clarified now. So back to wai... uh, work :)

MaX.

Eagle

February 12, 2015, 06:42:09 PM #19 Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:10:02 PM by Wh1t34Gl3(SAS)
Since this thread is for questions about gpb's system, i'll profit to ask something. :>

At wich frequency (and how much bits e.g: 44100Hz and 32 bits) is gpbikes reading sound files ? Because it seems like the difference of frequency between the engine and the sounds affect these lasts.. (it already happened to me on another project)

That would help for making sounds.  ;D

PiBoSo

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on February 12, 2015, 06:42:09 PM
Since this thread is for questions about gpb's system, i'll profit to ask something. :>

At wich frequency (and how much bits e.g: 44100Hz and 32 bits) is gpbikes reading sound files ? Because it seems like the difference of frequency between the engine and the sounds affect these lasts.. (it already happened to me on another project)

That would help for making sounds.  ;D

Any frequency and bits should be supported. However, the WAV files must be mono to be placed in 3D.
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Eagle

Ok.. So, I think i'll wait maxSCL to create sounds, because i really don't see what's the problem with them and it's long to restart the map to test everytime.. xD

And btw, not everything can be read by gpb, with some sounds, i have to resample them to make them work in game.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on February 13, 2015, 07:03:57 AM
Ok.. So, I think i'll wait maxSCL to create sounds, because i really don't see what's the problem with them and it's long to restart the map to test everytime.. xD
I've had less time to work on it recently so I'm a bit late. The good news is that everything works just fine, so what's left to do is just some polishing of the interface to make it handy.

If you want you can send me your .scl and your samples and I can take a look. Ideally you could send me:

• the .scl and all the .wav it uses
  • the bike's .cfg file
  • all the .engn and the .tyre files of the bike

That's because in the tool I'm making, when you open a .scl it automagically opens the bike's .cfg file (+ the .engn and the .tire) to get the physics parameters (masses, inertias, gearing etc) in order to simulate some very basic bike physics: in the tool you are then able to use the throttle and the gearbox to test your .scl.

MaX.

WALKEN

Max, why wouldn't you simply PM the question to Piboso?

Now we have this worthless thread of bickering for nothing that looks silly...

PS- I have to admit, Piboso's initial response was funny as hell though, lol...

Reminder- be thankful for where your at in all this. Go try communicating with "other" developers and see where you get.
Help me, help you!

HornetMaX

Quote from: WALKEN on February 13, 2015, 04:09:43 PM
Max, why wouldn't you simply PM the question to Piboso?
Because there may be others interested in the answer.

Quote from: WALKEN on February 13, 2015, 04:09:43 PM
Reminder- be thankful for where your at in all this.

I am indeed.

MaX.

WALKEN

Help me, help you!