• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:19:48 AM

2 questions!

Started by Eagle, April 10, 2015, 08:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle

Heya! Two quick questions!

Is there a way to encrypt and un encrypt sounds ? And how can i modify basic bikes' sounds (if possible) ? (i would like to TRY to make 2 stroke sounds)

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

April 10, 2015, 10:20:18 PM #2 Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:21:50 PM by Hawk UK
Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on April 10, 2015, 08:40:02 PM
Heya! Two quick questions!

Is there a way to encrypt and un encrypt sounds ? And how can i modify basic bikes' sounds (if possible) ? (i would like to TRY to make 2 stroke sounds)

Why would you want to encrypt and un-encrypt sounds? I don't understand as the sound files in GPB are not encrypted.

It's great that you want to learn how to make two stroke sounds. Here's the link to Max's sound editor tool forum thread: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2082.0

If you search the forum for engine/bike sounds/tools, etc, etc.... you should find some good information that will help you greatly. Max and Warlock have both made some very interesting forum posts on the subject and you will learn a lot from them both.

Hope this helps.

Hawk.

Eagle

>Napalm Nick

Ha ha, not bad. :lol:

>Hawk UK

I already have his tool, and as Max said, it doesn't permit to make sounds, only set the coordination for the game. And, it can't read encrypted files too. (as for most of the sound readers/editors programs)

In fact, i wanted to merge and modify the volume of the  3 or 4 cylinder 4strokes of tdu with the 125 2 strokes sounds, just to test how it would render.

Hawk

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on April 11, 2015, 11:37:15 AM
>Napalm Nick

Ha ha, not bad. :lol:

>Hawk UK

I already have his tool, and as Max said, it doesn't permit to make sounds, only set the coordination for the game. And, it can't read encrypted files too. (as for most of the sound readers/editors programs)

In fact, i wanted to merge and modify the volume of the  3 or 4 cylinder 4strokes of tdu with the 125 2 strokes sounds, just to test how it would render.

Hi SAS.

But why would you want to read encrypted files? Am I misunderstanding something here? I don't understand this unless your thinking of pulling sounds from other bike games? In which case the likely chance of finding any program to do that is virtually nil. The only thing I could suggest there is to record directly off the sound output and then do some editing on that recording to get the rev range looping sequenced correctly.

I hope I understand you correctly?  :-\

Hawk.

Eagle

Encrypted files cannot be read by programs like audacity or even Max's tool (they don't recognize the formats, even if the sounds are wav, mp3 etc..). That's why i wanted to know if there was a way to get the 125 2strokes' sounds which can be read and edited (not encrypted) by these programs, and how to encrypt/unencrypt sounds too (but this is optional).

Of course i can record the sound from the game but if i someone have them and is kind enough to give them to me, it's better. ^^

Hawk

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on April 11, 2015, 07:04:27 PM
Encrypted files cannot be read by programs like audacity or even Max's tool (they don't recognize the formats, even if the sounds are wav, mp3 etc..). That's why i wanted to know if there was a way to get the 125 2strokes' sounds which can be read and edited (not encrypted) by these programs, and how to encrypt/unencrypt sounds too (but this is optional).

Of course i can record the sound from the game but if i someone have them and is kind enough to give them to me, it's better. ^^

Have you tried importing the sounds files via "Raw" data import in Audacity?

Hawk.

Eagle

Already tried this many times for different things and never worked... I tried again for this and it has just imported a loud sound, like radio interferences..

HornetMaX

GPB stock sounds are encrypted because they are intellectual property of their creator. So they are encrypted exactly to avoid you reusing them.

There are ways to get around that (well, at least I know how to do it  8)), but I don't see the point in doing it.

MaX.

Eagle

It's dumb, i can still rip them from the game by recording... So encrypting them is useless.. Just a bit harder to get them.

Since i do that for gpbikes and for the moders, i'm still in the rules, am i right ? It's already enough that a person is making profit of the generosity of his community to gain money... Now if we can't even use some sounds to make the game better........

HornetMaX

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on April 17, 2015, 08:36:26 AM
It's dumb, i can still rip them from the game by recording... So encrypting them is useless.. Just a bit harder to get them.

Since i do that for gpbikes and for the moders, i'm still in the rules, am i right ? It's already enough that a person is making profit of the generosity of his community to gain money... Now if we can't even use some sounds to make the game better........
Me too I think it's a bit overzealous, but that's what the author wanted most likely, so ...

I don't even know if using them within GPB is OK: theoretically, if you don't modify them yes, but if you change them/use them  to produce other sounds for GPB probably not.

Anyway, once you've extracted them and used them in GPB for another bike, nothing prevents somebody else to use them for another game.

But I still don't see what you hope to gain using them ...

MaX.

Eagle

I've said it already, I'm doing some tests and train on sound edits, hoping i can make some decent 2s sounds for other modders.

And btw, bikes/maps and their textures can be taken for other games too.. :/

HornetMaX

But I'm not preventing you from doing what you want to do. I just said that modifying the original sounds (what you asked in your 1st message) may not be "considered good practice",  not even for usage within GPB. After that, everything is up to you.

For bikes,maps, textures it's the same thing: any ripping is officially not very welcome by Piboso. Which doesn't mean we don't have any ripping happening ...

MaX.

Eagle

The only other option is to find guys with old 2s bikes and pay to put them on a dyno for recording sounds.. I think i have enough payed just for playing this.. If it is badly seen to help knowing you won't gain anything...

Anyway, i will still try that. If it is good, i'll just post a video of it in game to see what peoples think about it.. Upload will only depends on peoples thoughts..

HornetMaX

Quote from: Wh1t34Gl3(SAS) on April 17, 2015, 05:47:35 PM
If it is badly seen to help knowing you won't gain anything...
Not sure I understand exactly what you mean with that ... you mean I (of anybody) am against people explaining stuff to others ?! That would be kind of surprising ...

Piboso said the default sound are proprietary, so I won't go around tell people how to circumvent that. Sorry. Anyway, with a little effort, you can find out by yourself.

But anyway, please try whatever you want with the sounds. Any help is welcome, especially in the sound department.

MaX.