• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:41:37 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Peripheral vision with your peripherals

Started by Napalm Nick, April 15, 2015, 02:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Indeed it does Klax.

I'm not convinced the width only resolution increase will give any significant benefit to seeing what is around you though, even at full 90 degree FOV.
A three monitor set-up \_/ style gives proper front and side views not a stretch, hence its hard work for the graphic card displaying 3 views at once but it sure is sweet.

I didn't realise the Occulus only has 1:1 movement - that isn't good maybe the final version will have some scaling software? Another reason TRACKIR support would be nice.

All things considered I believe you should treat yourself to two more monitors. Even small 19" ones are ideal (ideally all 3 @19" but AMD EyeInfinity can compensate well for different sizes ). Amazon is only a click away  ;) 
("other electrical retailers are available" lol)

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Klax75

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 30, 2015, 08:18:34 AM
Indeed it does Klax.

I'm not convinced the width only resolution increase will give any significant benefit to seeing what is around you though, even at full 90 degree FOV.
A three monitor set-up \_/ style gives proper front and side views not a stretch, hence its hard work for the graphic card displaying 3 views at once but it sure is sweet.

I didn't realise the Occulus only has 1:1 movement - that isn't good maybe the final version will have some scaling software? Another reason TRACKIR support would be nice.

All things considered I believe you should treat yourself to two more monitors. Even small 19" ones are ideal (ideally all 3 @19" but AMD EyeInfinity can compensate well for different sizes ). Amazon is only a click away  ;) 
("other electrical retailers are available" lol)

I actually already have 2 23" monitors, but one is unhooked right now since the Rift is in it's place. I just don't have the room for another monitor. lol

teeds

Quote from: Napalm Nick on April 30, 2015, 08:18:34 AM

Fair enough if you want to adjust the movement ratio but 1:1 is exactly how it should be, for it not to be will undermine the realism. Better solution might be using the current button to look back, assuming this will still be available while using VR headsets?

Napalm Nick

Very true teeds nothing should undermine realism, where possible.
Really I was referring to scaling for people unable to use 1:1 for physical reasons but yes the look back button will compensate if required. It must be kept in the game anyway, I'm sure not everyone's gonna be able to splash out for VR.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"