• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:47:36 PM

Hotlap Server change?

Started by dibu, January 01, 2014, 10:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaXnot sure all of our players qualify with respect to "with a sane mind"

I took on the nordschleife on my scooter  8)

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on January 02, 2014, 10:28:59 PM
Quote from: HornetMaXnot sure all of our players qualify with respect to "with a sane mind"

I took on the nordschleife on my scooter  8)
Q.E.D.  ::)

MaX.

neoraptor

Could you tell how frequently the hotlap is updated?
Also, when does the hotlap stops? When will it changes track?
This might be written on the hotlap page ;)
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

dibu

Hotlap is weekly updated. I exchange the track every sunday, usually in the morning. This is also the time when it stops/starts.  ;)
Before I swap the tracks I save the results to PDFs which can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y9n3pi7xv9t9czt/_UIdTJ8Ur0/Hotlap

Quote from: neoraptor on January 04, 2014, 01:28:16 AM
This might be written on the hotlap page ;)
Now I've added a line at the bottom of the page ( http://hotlap.no-ip.info/ ). If you know a better text please post it.

JamoZ

Dibu, i have a suggestion for the servers. Imo right now we have too many servers, most of them are never populated and some offer tracks noone actually ever rides.
During the day i always see people scattered across the servers, and i would like to see the amount of servers reduced so that those people have a bigger chance of riding together.

My idea of optimal amount of servers would be the following :

2 Multi Bike servers with a 3 track rotation that could be voted for on a weekly basis

1 Scooter server with also 3 track rotation as we only have 3 tracks that are really ridable right now (Skusa, La Conca & Laghi)

1 R6 Server with the same track rotation voting idea

1 open hotlap server where everyone can just ride what they want (except scooters) and take a shot at the leaderboards, and if this is not possible, maybe reduce the hotlapping to 1 class a week so that there is always just one server available instead of the 5 we have right now.

And finally 1 unmodded standard server for people who have just bought the game and know nothing about modding yet, so they at least have a place to meet and ride together.
A idea for this server would be that in the automated server message these people would be informed to get the bike mod & new tracks from the forum.

I don`t know if this is all doable, but in the turkey server we have a track rotation now and it works quite well.

dibu

Thank you JamoZ I'm very happy about feedback like this. I think your proposal is a good idea and most of it can be easily realised.

What I can do without problems is:
-2 Multi Bike servers (open) with a 3 track rotation
-1 Multi Bike server (only scooter) with a 3 track rotation (Skusa, La Conca & Laghi)
-1 Multi Bike server (only SSP) with a 3 track rotation
-1 Standard server - Victoria (Track 19 - Training dry groove) with hint to visit the forum for tracks and mods.

The Hotlap server isn't so easy. If I run it open the times of all classes appear in one list which is not very attractive for the slower classes.
We should keep the classes separate. My proposal for next week are Hotlap servers for R6 and scooter.

Anyone willing to organise the votes?

we need:
-Rotating tracks for R6 + Multi Bike
-Hotlap server class
-Hotlap server track

JamoZ

I can do it if needed, how do you start a poll?  ::)

neoraptor

I think there is now 5 laps for the scooter ;)

However, I run for more than 10laps yesterday, and it didn't record anything (lap number has not increased).
Do you have an idea where it comes from? I will surely ride this evening, so I can watch again if it changes ;)
Also, when are the data saved?
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

dibu

Quote from: JamoZ on January 04, 2014, 05:01:42 PM
I can do it if needed, how do you start a poll?  ::)

Thank you, I also never made a poll before.  ;D

dibu

Quote from: neoraptor on January 04, 2014, 05:29:25 PM
However, I run for more than 10laps yesterday, and it didn't record anything (lap number has not increased).
Do you have an idea where it comes from? I will surely ride this evening, so I can watch again if it changes ;)
Also, when are the data saved?

Maybe the datalogger was hanging. It's the problem child of the hotlap server.
Please try it again and report.

The data recording runs continuously but the web site/SQL server is updated only every 60 seconds.

JamoZ

I have no idea how to start a poll, but imo the tracks that are most popular are :

Assen
Mugello NC
Paul Ricard
Magny Cours
Monza

And of course Victoria, but i have the feeling everyone is a bit done with that track ;)

So maybe you can just choose 3 of those Dibu and we`ll be fine...

Hawk

January 04, 2014, 06:39:45 PM #26 Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:25:10 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: JamoZ on January 04, 2014, 06:24:58 PM
I have no idea how to start a poll, but imo the tracks that are most popular are :

Assen
Mugello NC
Paul Ricard
Magny Cours
Monza

And of course Victoria, but i have the feeling everyone is a bit done with that track ;)

So maybe you can just choose 3 of those Dibu and we`ll be fine...

I agree with most of your choices there, JamoZ, but I personally would have included "Saint-Wests - Mugello and Catalunya". Although WIP tracks these are amongst the most rideable track surfaces we have.

PS: Victoria is still the best or equal best track there is for rideability and therefore should never be "done with" as a circuit to include. :)

UPDATE: "Misano" track is very good, too! ;D

Warlock

Beside the 'New Topic' button is a 'New Poll'  button , guys  ;)

dibu

Quote from: Warlock on January 04, 2014, 08:22:04 PM
Beside the 'New Topic' button is a 'New Poll'  button , guys  ;)
You know, old men have problem with their eyes. ;) Thanks for the hint Warlock. :)

Warlock

heehe  you welcome old man  ;D