• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:45:28 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gzehoo

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Klax75

Recorded how I see it in helmet view, using DST. Full manual controls, full manual rider, no riding assists. I am using auto clutch because of the bug during races on the starting grid if the front tire moves side to side at all, you get disqualified. :( Using a Wired X-Box One Controller.

DST Yamaha R6 Helmet View Nordschleife
http://www.youtube.com/v/1OY6YyXAfME

BOBR6 84

May 07, 2015, 06:41:12 AM #288 Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:42:46 AM by BOBR6 84
dodgy lines but getting there.. great track!  8)

https://www.youtube.com/v/VELYusRq41s

BOBR6 84

onboard practice... sketchy lap but helmet view is  8)

https://www.youtube.com/v/t150FgqJe2U

Napalm Nick

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 14, 2015, 09:28:17 PM
onboard practice... sketchy lap but helmet view is  8)

Thanks  BoB,
onboard and ridden like a pro onboard God. Gets my vote  :D
I try to learn something from all these videos and from yours I learnt 2 things:
1. Smoothness is something I need to work on.
2. I am still crap.

ROFL ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Lol just stick with it man!  ;) you will click with it.. I been playing for a while now but still make alot of mistakes, still plenty of room for improvement.. Thats the addictive part  :D
Sounds daft but the faster you go the easier it gets  ;) it opens the track up (if that makes sense?) commit to the braking and turning without hesitating that will make you smoother!

BOBR6 84

I always use the smallest brake discs available.. Its so much better!

Napalm Nick

Thanks Bob,

Actually I know exactly what you mean - I have 'felt' it all clicking together like a sudden realization when going faster and its all smoothing out and lap times are dropping. Usual when I realise is when I fall off. Need to work on my 'realisation moment' too.

;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 15, 2015, 10:54:53 AM
I always use the smallest brake discs available.. Its so much better!

You mean the "Front Leverage" ?

MaX.

JJS209

isnt it the brake cylinder size?

HornetMaX

Quote from: JJS209 on May 15, 2015, 11:18:47 AM
isnt it the brake cylinder size?
At the front there's the leverage, at the rear the master cylinder diameter: they act the same, the smaller the number, the higher the max force.

MaX.

Napalm Nick

May 15, 2015, 11:30:15 AM #298 Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:32:08 AM by Napalm Nick
What I notice is the brake bites quicker at say 16 and longer at 20 suggesting more power can be administered at 16 at the loss of a wider braking range when using 20. This is also how it feels to me on track.

This to me suggests it is leverage, whether or not it is achieved with differing the brake cylinder size I'm not sure.
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 15, 2015, 11:24:49 AM
Quote from: JJS209 on May 15, 2015, 11:18:47 AM
isnt it the brake cylinder size
At the front there's the leverage, at the rear the master cylinder diameter: they act the same, the smaller the number, the higher the max force.

MaX.

There ya go then  both correct.  But originally I thought the same as Bob but it didn't make sense on track - ie a bigger diameter would cause more braking effect not a smaller diameter.

BOBR6 84

Yes sorry, leverage! 16mm all the way! 10 times better!!

Make sure theres enough sag on the rear though lol when its good the rear squirms around on the brakes real nice  ;D ;D 8)