• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:39:45 PM

Bike MOD revived.

Started by Klax75, February 28, 2014, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

and same way for FTp? I really like it.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

Quote from: Klax75 on May 16, 2015, 10:14:51 AM
I really have no clue, the files for Dropbox and Mega are literally the same files. Both of there sync software go to the exact same folder. So if I drop something in the Bike MOD folder, it will automatically start uploading it to Dropbox and Mega.

Oke i understand but on the sync site kalex2014 and suter2014 are missing?

Klax75

Quote from: PeterV on May 16, 2015, 10:19:12 AM
I really have no clue, the files for Dropbox and Mega are literally the same files. Both of there sync software go to the exact same folder. So if I drop something in the Bike MOD folder, it will automatically start uploading it to Dropbox and Mega.

Thanks Peter. Not sure how that happened but they are on FTP now.

Klax75

Hello Everyone.

Thanks to Peter for pointing it out, I noticed the new Kalex and Suter Moto2 aren't in the Bike MOD 2.90 zip. Only thing I can think of is that I must have hit Control-Z two many times after I copied them over. I'm making a new Bike MOD 2.90 zip right now. The FTP I already fixed to make there they were there.

I'll upload a new Bike MOD 2.90 which will take a couple ours, and I am very sorry they got left out. You can still download the that bike set .zip file

Kalex and Suter 2014 Mega
https://mega.co.nz/#!AYJUwKRa!8NcHAmK1ynR_-xZWmB5rkZwfm70rxonEZ3pKhnEnYu8

Kalex and Suter 2014 Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgtzj33dl8dnz4m/Kalex%20and%20Suter%202014.rar?dl=0

Napalm Nick

Thanks Klax.

If I might be so bold might I suggest a 3 way comparison, say every month or so, as a kind of quality control check? Might save more pain than it causes?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

May 16, 2015, 11:10:25 AM #440 Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:48:20 PM by PeterV
Quote from: Klax75 on May 16, 2015, 10:46:23 AM
Quote from: PeterV on May 16, 2015, 10:19:12 AM

Thanks Peter. Not sure how that happened but they are on FTP now.

thx Klax, still get almost 2000 not consistent files comparing the mega with the sync !

these are the bikes giving mismatches:

Aprilia RSA 250
aprilia_rsv4sbk
aprilia_rsv4
bmw_S1000rr
bmw_S1000_sbk
CBR_600
Daytona
ducati gp10
ducati_1098sbk
ducati_1198
ducati_749
ducati_996
ducati_999
ducati_panigale
ducati_panigale_sbk
gsxr_600
Honda RCV213 2014
honda_cbr1000rr
honda_cbr1000sbk
Honda_NSF250RW
Kalex 2014
kawasaki_sbk
kawasaki_zx10r
Nija_6r
piaggio_zip
Suter 2014
Suzuki-2015-V3
suzuki_gsxr1000
suzuki_gsxr_sbk
yamaha_r1
YZF_R6

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on May 16, 2015, 11:10:25 AM
thx Klax, still get almost 2000 not consistent files comparing the mega with the sync !
What do you compare exactly ?

If I recall correctly, the sync has all the file timestamps screwed up (i.e. mpoved to the date/time when the file was put on the FTP, instead of preserving the file's original timestamp).

MaX.

PeterV

May 16, 2015, 02:21:47 PM #442 Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:23:46 PM by PeterV
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 16, 2015, 02:18:53 PM

If I recall correctly, the sync has all the file timestamps screwed up (i.e. mpoved to the date/time when the file was put on the FTP, instead of preserving the file's original timestamp).

MaX.

thx Max ill try checking again without timestamp.
FYI, still cant get into one server though (with mega 2.90 download)

PeterV

oke tested again with timestamp off and now it only shows piaggio_zip errors

HornetMaX

Quote from: PeterV on May 16, 2015, 02:21:47 PM

MaX.

Because the checks when you want to play online do not look at file timestamps, they look at the file content (sort of an MD5 checksum).

MaX.

PeterV

May 16, 2015, 02:33:17 PM #445 Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:53:53 PM by PeterV
Quote from: HornetMaX on May 16, 2015, 02:29:45 PM
Quote from: PeterV on May 16, 2015, 02:21:47 PM

MaX.

Because the checks when you want to play online do not look at file timestamps, they look at the file content (sort of an MD5 checksum).

MaX.

Saved the sync profile now with timestamp set too OFF  ;)

so the culprit seems to be
- piaggio_zip

Hawk

I've just updated to BikeMOD 2.90 and I'm now getting a "Data Mismatch" on Nicks GPBOC server.  :(

Any ideas guys?

Hawk.
PS: I downloaded just the bikes that have been changed since the 14th May 2015.

Napalm Nick

Yikes not Good Hawk.  :'(

I downloaded the Mega BikeMod.zip and ran it on a PC to access my server and it worked OK last week.

I also carried out a comparison (like Peter did) check and there were just a few anomalies - IE no critical to mis-match files.

One thing I would say is to clear your buffers with a PC restart after putting the files in, I had this problem twice before I figured it.

Failing that. My servers are both only the GP500 I would highly suspect the Aprilia not being 'the latest' or something else with it. Maybe remove it and try again to prove?

Hope it helps let us know mate.

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 23, 2015, 07:10:51 AM
Yikes not Good Hawk.  :'(

I downloaded the Mega BikeMod.zip and ran it on a PC to access my server and it worked OK last week.

I also carried out a comparison (like Peter did) check and there were just a few anomalies - IE no critical to mis-match files.

One thing I would say is to clear your buffers with a PC restart after putting the files in, I had this problem twice before I figured it.

Failing that. My servers are both only the GP500 I would highly suspect the Aprilia not being 'the latest' or something else with it. Maybe remove it and try again to prove?

Hope it helps let us know mate.

I seem to remember we had this same issue last time between downloading just the changed bikes and the whole BikeMOD.zip file..... Seems to me there must be a difference between the two compilations in the bikeMOD database somewhere..... I'm dam sure the problem lies with using auto-sync to update the database because we never had these problems when it was updated manually.... I've never trusted autosync, had problems with it not updating correctly in the distant past so I've never trusted autosync since and never ever will again.  ::) :P

I bet my life that if I download and install the whole bikeMOD.zip file(same as you did to update your server) I'll be able to connect with no problem.....

I'll report back here with my findings after I've deleted all bikes and installed the latest full BikeMOD.zip file.  ;)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Captain Hawkster I am pretty sure you are completely right.

However, not fair to blame autosync if auto sync is exactly the same as Bike mod.zip??  Better to blame the loose files not reflecting the other two?

Poor auto sync lol. Is it supposed to mirror Bike mod.zip or Bike mod.loose files everywhere.

You know I'm kidding about mate, the pain we went through last time sent me a twid mad.  ::)