• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:01:34 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Personally I don't like it, maybe I'm not saggy enough. Will try less pre load and a softer spring. And more iced buns.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Napalm Nick

Beautiful laps Bob.
It never ceases to amaze me how you look so much 'in-control' and smooth wheras I feel on the edge of being out of control most of the time.  :(  Even your crash seemed more in control than mine  :D

I particularly like your throttle control on the exit of the hairpin - feathering at just the right moment - IE just as the Powerband starts to kick.  I am still convinced this is where I am losing about 2 seconds trying to get on the power, while not losing the rear or popping a sun bound wheelie.

Videos like this make me want to get back on track and have "just one more lap" lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Very nice riding there Bob!

Looks great mate!  ;D 8) 8)

Hawk.

CapeDoctor

very cool video, this sort of thing will help me to get my lap times down, for sure  8)
as Hawk said, it sure looks pretty smooth from this viewpoint, and doesn't have that feel of being constantly on the ragged edge, like my laps feel, lol.
thanks for the vid, hope to see more  :)

BOBR6 84

Cheers ;) pleased you like  :) did some laps at Enna pergusa earlier on the R6.. what a great track! especially with rubber build up. i like it, chicanes are difficult though lol

https://www.youtube.com/v/4_ikXY3QlHo

Napalm Nick

So what game are you playing there Bob?

I'm playing slide on me ass simulator and the tracks get Leather build-up.   :P

Sweet riding as usual mate  ;)

BOBR6 84

lol im playing the ''Finally...thank f#*k for that'' game..  :D ;)

BOBR6 84

Great lap mate  8) thats a difficult track..

BOBR6 84

June 01, 2015, 04:08:20 AM #311 Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:45:05 AM by BOBR6 84
Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 25, 2015, 08:08:00 AM
Beautiful laps Bob.
It never ceases to amaze me how you look so much 'in-control' and smooth wheras I feel on the edge of being out of control most of the time.  :(  Even your crash seemed more in control than mine  :D

I particularly like your throttle control on the exit of the hairpin - feathering at just the right moment - IE just as the Powerband starts to kick.  I am still convinced this is where I am losing about 2 seconds trying to get on the power, while not losing the rear or popping a sun bound wheelie.

Videos like this make me want to get back on track and have "just one more lap" lol.

Yeah man with the 500 especially I try to use some lean angle to keep the revs up! That way its easier to keep momentum and catch the powerband without full throttle.. Sit the bike up too much too early and I bog down then wheelie... Lap scrapped.

Id love to ride the clutch on the 2strokes out of slow corners but I find it too difficult to control with me xbox pad..

RIDER

June 02, 2015, 12:00:31 AM #312 Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 07:54:08 AM by PiBoSo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sqLLHzXYtw
http://www.youtube.com/v/_sqLLHzXYtw

It's interesting to see the different riding styles and control setups here. I'll post a vid on Suzuka my fav track, after I get controls setup for this patch.

davidboda46

Some clear examples of why it is currently (Beta6c) impossible to push the bike to the limit. Full bike settings are posted under the video on youtube. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/RxW6u73lWeY

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Napalm Nick

Nice vid Gonzo, it proves to me that I still ride a lot less close to the limit as you guys do, and you can make it round a few laps without ending on yer ass.
Is this a simple case of some steering dampening required I wonder?