• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:54:22 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Hotlap Server change?

Started by dibu, January 01, 2014, 10:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neoraptor

@dibu: it worked fine yesterday !!
Also, the links are not working in the bottom of the page.
Maybe, you can also add the track name on the bottom of each page (if it is not too much work).
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

dibu

Quote from: neoraptor on January 05, 2014, 11:37:19 AM
@dibu: it worked fine yesterday !!
Also, the links are not working in the bottom of the page.
Maybe, you can also add the track name on the bottom of each page (if it is not too much work).
Which link do you mean? At the front page or at the results pages? I just tested with Firefox and IE and all worked.
The forum link at the result pages refers to the original thread in the old (closed) forum. I didn't remove it just in case the forum opens again...

neoraptor

I was talking about the link to the old version of the forum ;)
Can't you redirect this link to this forum?
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius

dibu

The link to this forum is at the main site. I will think about the other link ;)

neoraptor

Also, could you indicate the location of the speed trap? I don't know if it is the same line as for S3?
It could be good to indicate that in the map of the circuit ;)

(This is not really linked to the hotlap, but to the track).

HornetMaX

It's indicated by my plugin (MaxHUD) on the track map.

MaX.

dibu

January 06, 2014, 06:07:20 AM #36 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:26:35 AM by dibu
Quote from: neoraptor on January 05, 2014, 10:21:41 PM
Also, could you indicate the location of the speed trap? I don't know if it is the same line as for S3?
It could be good to indicate that in the map of the circuit ;)

(This is not really linked to the hotlap, but to the track).
No that's going to far. As MaX already said use his plugin or look at the track with 'tracked.exe' -> View -> Race Data.
Split3 and the Speedtrap line are independent values.

neoraptor

The solution with MaxHud is perfect (I disabled the map when I installed the plugin) ;)
Thank you !!

dibu

Probably nobody is really interested in these details but I'll tell it anyway ;)

I've split the Hotlap server now. The datamanager, SQL and web server still run at the old VM. The datalogger and the dedicated servers are running at a new hardware with SSD for faster data recording. Next Sunday I'll choose a more popular track and restart the disabled Hotlap servers too for testing the results.

The change was due to some issues with the logged data which took a lot of time to correct. I hope it will solve my problems with the datalogger now - if not I'll cry for help (MaX???  ;D).

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on January 21, 2014, 06:21:56 PM
Probably nobody is really interested in these details but I'll tell it anyway ;)

I've split the Hotlap server now. The datamanager, SQL and web server still run at the old VM. The datalogger and the dedicated servers are running at a new hardware with SSD for faster data recording. Next Sunday I'll choose a more popular track and restart the disabled Hotlap servers too for testing the results.

The change was due to some issues with the logged data which took a lot of time to correct. I hope it will solve my problems with the datalogger now - if not I'll cry for help (MaX???  ;D).
Hmm ... I wouldn't expect the datalogger to log a lot of data so not sure SSD will help (well, it cannot hurt for sure).

Anyway, thx dibu !

MaX.

dibu

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 21, 2014, 06:39:01 PM
Hmm ... I wouldn't expect the datalogger to log a lot of data so not sure SSD will help (well, it cannot hurt for sure).
A SSD alone for sure will not help but my hope is that splitting the server parts will do the job.
The SQL can generate a lot of disk I/Os and generate high CPU loads for short moments which can cause problems reading the live-timing ports of the Hotlap servers.

HornetMaX

Quote from: dibu on January 21, 2014, 06:51:53 PM
A SSD alone for sure will not help but my hope is that splitting the server parts will do the job.
The SQL can generate a lot of disk I/Os and generate high CPU loads for short moments which can cause problems reading the live-timing ports of the Hotlap servers.
Hmmm ... even that would be surprising given the number of players we are talking about, unless the SQL is very poorly written (which would surprise me a lot, coming from random).

In any case you're right, splitting the two may be a good idea anyway.

MaX.

dibu

Hehe MaX thanks, you are already thinking alot about the problem. :) Stay tuned, the task is to read the live-timing ports of up to 10+ simultanous servers (GPB/WRS/KRP) and write the data in a certain format (random proprietary) to text files without generating corruptions. The datamanager reads these text files every 60 seconds and transfers the data to the SQL-server.

Here some reasons why corruptions happen atm:
- too many people at the servers
- short tracks with many people (scooters, karts)
- leaving pits in wrong direction to save a in-lap
- driving opposite direction at the track
- speed trap is to close to a checkpoint at some tracks (e.g. Paul Ricard)

janaucarre

i didnt know that a to close speedtrap line of a split can causes a crash, on hockenheim i send you this night the two are in the same place, i will change it. thx.

dibu

Quote from: janaucarre on January 22, 2014, 01:29:51 PM
i didnt know that a to close speedtrap line of a split can causes a crash, on hockenheim i send you this night the two are in the same place, i will change it. thx.
It will not crash the game. The problem is that it can cause confusions to the live-timing-logger if I use it at the Hotlap servers.

I observed this problem at 'Paul Ricard' because there is only 1m between the speed trap and the checkpoint at the high speed straight.