• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Anyone modified the 360 controller triggers?

Started by h106frp, June 13, 2015, 09:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Well the PC only white one looks like a medical implement  :-\

The older non light version is out of stock most places, and nearly as much as the new one if you find it discounted, guess it is discontinued stock now

Found a decent price on the ferrari one which i quite like - might get a ducati or honda makeover though  ;D

All reports say the main direction sticks are better than the stock controllers as well and i do notice the lack of precision around the centre on the 360 box.

HornetMaX

Yes, the 360 ones have a bit of slack at neutral, but that's not extremely important for our purpose.
Anyway, you'll have to check this on the GPX in a few months of intensive play :)

MaX.

RiccoChicco

June 15, 2015, 05:03:09 PM #18 Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:54:42 PM by RiccoChicco
Some new stuff with Xbox pads.

Microsoft announced few minutes ago a new "Elite" gamepad, which is a customisable Xbox One controller. It seems to be fully modable and I think it will be great for GPB.

Just waiting for the price  ;D

JamoZ

i bet it has the same shitty triggers as the normal one  :-X

HornetMaX

Like the buttons under the grips, they allow to use index finger on the trigger.

I have just sold my xbox one pad, nice timing :)

MaX.

h106frp

XBox and Windows 10 are the only quoted platforms though

HornetMaX

BOBR6 84

June 15, 2015, 09:17:48 PM #23 Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:20:04 PM by BOBR6 84
Not keen on it.. Id just like an xb1 pad with stiffer triggers..

Those padle things would p!ss me off, glad its not standard lol.

WALKEN

just take it apart and replace the springs with thicker ones like I do.  Use a safety pin and bend it into the same shape. 
Help me, help you!

doubledragoncc

Microsoft just stole the idea from the Scuff modding company that GirlracerTracy uses so its nothing new and bound to be pricey lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

RiccoChicco

BOBR6 84

HornetMaX

At the same time, the scuff are not exactly cheap neither ...

The buttons on the back are a good idea though: put those fingers at work.
We need the thumbs on the sticks, so the ABXY and the POV hat are useless for us ...

MaX.

Klax75

But all the buttons on the back can they be used as NEW buttons. I've used controllers like this and they have always been just alternate buttons for what you have already. Just hitting them on a different spot on the control. Now if it was four totally new trigger/button axis for me it would be useful.