• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:18:17 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Nissan Skyline (r32)

Started by Cory_Hayes.11, June 22, 2015, 03:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory_Hayes.11

Soooo have been working on getting this into game.... BUT I need PiBoSo, or anyone else's help with getting all the wheels to turn, and move with the suspension and all that good stuff.... sooo if anyone has ideas...
(+ Basic textures for now, just so you can see whats going on... )
YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

dibu

Quote from: Cory_Hayes.11 on June 22, 2015, 03:27:53 PM
Soooo have been working on getting this into game.... BUT I need PiBoSo, or anyone else's help with getting all the wheels to turn, and move with the suspension and all that good stuff.... sooo if anyone has ideas...
(+ Basic textures for now, just so you can see whats going on... )

Sorry, I don't have the knowledge to help but thank you very much for improving WRS.  :)

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

Cory_Hayes.11

I have been working on it a fair bit today, trying to figure out how to get the wheels to work, PiBoSo's " help " hasn't been very clear, so I have to wait for him to clear it up, and basically write it out with a clear answer before I can do other stuff... so this might take a while lads :/

Cory_Hayes.11

got the wheels sussed out lads

Alby46

Cory_Hayes.11

I need to find out how to move the wheels forward, I have got them all spinning, but I am assuming I have to move them using one of the files from the game, I am guessing based on testing with Kart Racing pro a while ago, if that the wheel is moved forwards in the scene, it will mess up the rotation.

Hawk

Have you had a look at the default car folders/ files to see how a car/wheels were integrated? As far as I know(if it's anything like integrating a bike into GPBikes, which I gather it is?), you have to separate the car into correctly named parts: ie - Chassis, front wheel, rear wheel, front susp, rear susp, etc, etc, and then export those parts into your created [Car-Named] folder which should be organised same as default car files, if you know what I mean? Once your exported parts and config, gfx files etc, etc have been sorted out, then WRS itself deals with the physics and how the wheels turn and suspension moves, etc, etc.

I don't know about WRS car model integration, but just trying to help.  ;)

Hope this helps you.   :)

Hawk.

Cory_Hayes.11

For the wheels, I re directed the GFX.cfg file from tyrerr.hrc, to tyreee.edf to get the right rear to work.... so thats how I got around that, its just I can't find the like settings of there the front wheels make contact with the ground so I can change the wheel base and that kind of stuff.

Alby46

it's a cool car, so keep working! ;) i'm sure someone will help you

Cory_Hayes.11

Just out of curiosity, what engine would people like
RB26DETT - 686hp ( I want to use this one )
RB26DETT - 369hp

Or many others, I reckon the first one would be killer, + its a GTR soooooo yeah, but I don't know, open to suggestions I would do an RB25DET or DETT if people would prefer it but yeah.

Alby46

GhostdogNL

looking greate ..nice to see that somebody is finaly doing something with the game !! thnx man

Cory_Hayes.11

I am going to have a few different rim options, with different tyres, say, Race, Drift, Time Attack, all with different compounds. That is the plan at least.

Docfumi

AWESOME Cory, great job and a cool car.  ;D ;D ;D
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.