• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:43:21 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 25, 2015, 05:58:56 PM
Quote from: Klax75 on June 25, 2015, 05:52:17 PM
Please do, I want to see in DST how much opposite steering I'm doing in turns and how much in put I'm using for the rider and for steering.
Hmm .. .you mean you'd like to visualise also rider lean L/R and F/B ?

Quote from: Klax75 on June 25, 2015, 05:52:17 PM
I remember I asked you about this a couple years ago but couldn't be done. :)

Couldn't be done the easy way (GPB passing the values to the plugin), so I had to do it the hard way (the plugin itself fetching the values of input devices, using external libraries).

MaX.

Sorry for the delay in writing back. Yes rider input l/r, f/b would be great too. My main thing would be to have on the screen showing what both sticks are doing. So if I make a video you could see that at certain points I am pushing the sticks towards each other, and other times away from each other. When using DST, been trying to think how to film it so I could show what my hands are doing as I am going around the track, but also what is going on in the sim. If there was a wedget that showed the sticks movements would be great. Maybe a circle with zones for each stick, and a little small circle inside it to show were the stick is in the sticks movement area.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on June 27, 2015, 09:03:46 AM
Sorry for the delay in writing back. Yes rider input l/r, f/b would be great too. My main thing would be to have on the screen showing what both sticks are doing. So if I make a video you could see that at certain points I am pushing the sticks towards each other, and other times away from each other. When using DST, been trying to think how to film it so I could show what my hands are doing as I am going around the track, but also what is going on in the sim. If there was a wedget that showed the sticks movements would be great. Maybe a circle with zones for each stick, and a little small circle inside it to show were the stick is in the sticks movement area.
It's already done :)

I'll wait for beta7 to come out.

MaX.

Klax75

HornetMaX

July 04, 2015, 02:54:37 PM #183 Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:59:22 AM by HornetMaX
v1.9.8 out:

• Shows steering in Inputs widget.
  • New widget to show joypad output.
  • Other minor changes.

IMPORTANT:

• It will erase your current config for the plugin: you'll have to manually reconfigure it (options and widget positions).
  • To use the steering and the new widget showing the joypad output you have to select the input device and the appropriate axes. Read the .pdf manual.
  • The joypad widget shows the triggers as combined (even if you're using XInput). I know, it sucks a bit, bit I'm not going to spend too much time on that.

MaX.

JJS209

very nice thank you max!

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

All set up - looking good! Now I can also control analogue sticks with my nose on the touch screen display  8) :P
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

v1.9.9 out:

• Added HUDRumble to enable rumble on XInput devices.
  • For GPB/MXB, HUDInputs now show the "lean input" and the steering angle.

IMPORTANT: the rumble stuff has been tested on GPB only (and very briefly). Read the manual for the details (it saves you asking here and me replying "It's in the manual").

MaX.

JJS209

nice, thank you max!

BOBR6 84

PeterV

BOBR6 84

This is great  ;D even get some rumble when the front lands after a wheelie.. the input displays show how bad my 360 pad is with deadzones lol. roll on the GPX!! good stuff  8)

Napalm Nick

Yes this rumble gives  some good immersion! Well done!

h106frp

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Awesome !

I have read the manual and tweaked the gearshift vibration and duration down a bit, increased the velocity and reduced the thresh hold and it feels great (very convincing) on the bumpy donnington track. I think we all obsess with force feedback, but a lot of the riding experience is the bumps and vibrations that normally feed back through the bars and foot pegs, the feeding of the acceleration data continually to the rumble motors seems to capture this quite well.

I have not tried it on a smooth track yet, having too much fun with the bumps. If we ever get a really good road race track this will add a lot to the experience.

If anyone wants the rumble it pays to experiment with the .ini file values to get the best experience with your particular controller, just altering the values by very small increments made a big difference to the feel.

Rumble motors in the GPX controller are great and you can sense a lot of detail in magnitude and frequency and they do not just clatter randomly like my friends console playstation rumble controllers. Probably the best implementation of rumble i have experienced.  ;D  8) Even my rumble lighting works (not very useful but fun)  8)

Observations so far;
Strange rumble when bike resets to the edge of the track, maybe 0 mph = no velocity rumble would fix this

Magnitude seems higher when the bike is more upright, bumps in corners with high lean do not seem to have comparable rumble magnitude. Is this a function of world/bike axis interpolation ? Maybe all 3 axis need to be resolved before being sent to the rumble filter.

Might be nice to mix in a bit of steer torque value when the bars are flapping about and the values become more 'dynamic'.

Utterly excellent and really adds a lot to the riding experience.

Thanks MaX.