• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:03:21 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomes1

DD this controller does not compare to yours I'm just saying its the coolest handheld controller mate.

teeds

Max, tried your new version last night with the new steering input indicator. It works but didn't seem to show full travel, only moved about 25% for full travel of my controller, have I missed a setting maybe?

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on July 22, 2015, 10:22:55 AM
Max, tried your new version last night with the new steering input indicator. It works but didn't seem to show full travel, only moved about 25% for full travel of my controller, have I missed a setting maybe?
Assuming that you you are talking about GPB (or MXB) and that you are not using direct steer angle or torque: there are two indicators (bars), one for the target lean angle (labeled "Lean input") and one for the steering angle (labeled "Steering").

The target lean angle corresponds to your stick movement, so this should go full left/right when your stick goes full left/right. If it doesn't, well that's strange :)

For the steering angle, this is decided by GPB/MXB virtual rider. Typically a race bike has something like 20-22 deg steering angle (so 40-44 lock-to-lock), but except at very low speed and in extreme situations, the steering angle stays very small (e.g. < 5deg). Less true for MXB, of course.

In the plugin you can select the scale of the steering bar: if you put it at, for example, 40 degrees on a bike that has a 20 deg steering max, it will only reach 50%.
If you put the scale at 5deg, you'll be able to better see the small steering movements (what matters on a track) but obviously  the bar will "saturate" above 5deg.

I hope I'm clear but I fear I'm not :)

MaX.

P.S.
If one is using direct steer angle/torque (hi Klax75 !), then the bar for the target lean still moves as the joystick, but of course it no longer represents the target lean: it represents the target steer angle / the steer torque (rider applied). The bar for the steering angle still represents the steering angle.

teeds

Crystal Max  ;)

The steering bar is working fine but check out this video of me at stand still going full lock and then while moving, my controller is giving full lock in the game settings at this point. The plugin doesn't seem to match the game input. Are others getting different results with game pads or joysticks?

https://www.youtube.com/v/VhNgXnn4B5c

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on July 22, 2015, 01:10:41 PM
The steering bar is working fine but check out this video of me at stand still going full lock and then while moving, my controller is giving full lock in the game settings at this point. The plugin doesn't seem to match the game input.
Uhm weird ... I'll have a look tonight, just to be sure I haven't screwed something up badly.

When you say "my controller", is that your custom controller ? Is it DirectInput or XInput ?

MaX.

teeds

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 22, 2015, 01:16:06 PM
When you say "my controller", is that your custom controller ? Is it DirectInput or XInput ?

Yes is my custom rig, no idea if it's X or direct input though TBH, guess I can find out when I get back home later if needed.

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on July 22, 2015, 01:37:56 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on July 22, 2015, 01:16:06 PM

Yes is my custom rig, no idea if it's X or direct input though TBH, guess I can find out when I get back home later if needed.
99.9% it's direct input. Possible to calibrate it in windows and then re-run GPB ?

MaX.

teeds

Spot on Max, I don't run the windows calibration normally but having done so the input bar now works fine, cheers  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: teeds on July 23, 2015, 07:28:04 AM
Spot on Max, I don't run the windows calibration normally but having done so the input bar now works fine, cheers  :)
w00t!!1

MaX.

HornetMaX

v1.9.9b out:

• Improved HUDRumble: acceleration-based rumble, no need for "fake" gear shift rumble.
  • Improved handling of settings file (MaxHUD.ini): sorry, but it will overwrite your current one (will have to reconfigure everything). In the future, it will happen less often thanks to the improvements in this release.
  • Logging to MaxHUD.log is always now on (tiny file, no impact).

IMPORTANT:

• It will erase your current config for the plugin: you'll have to manually reconfigure it (options and widget positions).

MaX.

HornetMaX

v1.9.9c out:

• Updated for KRP beta14.
  • Fix bug: MaxHUD.log was never erased (hence growing over time). Now it's erased at startup.
  • Fix bug: starting the game and exiting right after (i.e. without going to track) was messing up the MaxHUD.ini file (possible loss of parameters).

MaX.

HornetMaX

v1.9.9d out:

• Sort out some issues with saving options in .ini file (hopefully).

MaX.

Hawk

You have been busy lately Max.... Thanks for your work and  updates mate. Greatly appreciated.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Actually I've put more or less everything on standby due to the recent (non-) events.
And that despite having plenty of spare time at the moment. Yawn ...

MaX.

Hawk

Just a minor thing..... When I change the speed from KMH to MPH the KMH label still shows. I think it does calculate in MPH when you change it to MPH but might be worth checking too.  ;)

Hawk.