• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:20:58 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[Fixed] Very low fps in online race (looking for a solution)

Started by Blackheart, July 24, 2015, 12:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackheart

Hi guys  :)

Start by saying, that I never had problems with fps in online races, with 8x antialiasing and off grass, I always had more than 50 fps stable, even with so many bikes.

This evening in Misano with a 10+ bikes, I was about 10 fps at the start, and about 15 fps with a bike in front, making it impossible to play :(

I tried to lower the graphics to a minimum, but no improvement,
it happened to someone else?

The only thing different from the usual, that is just before Windows 8 has been updated.

Patrick

I had the same problem a few times on different tracks. Seems to me, has something to do with windows update in the background maybe.

CapeDoctor

in my case, in a recent online attempt, i had terrible fps drop anytime another bike was near me, but this was actually due to my high ping, and not an fps drop due to graphics or such.
unfortunately, until i change to a new, better ISP, decent online racing sessions will only be a pipe dream to me... :P

BOBR6 84

iv'e had the same many times... practice/qually all fine and then go to race the fps drops right down.. sometimes it makes the menu's very slow too when i back out of the server.. restarting GPB is the only solution for that one anyway..

matty0l215

My fps only dropped when I was looking at the corner or another player

I  could go down a straight, get to the corner and fps drop, get just out of the corner and they go back up, but then if I looked behind me they would drop again. Likewise with other riders. Whenever they were on screen, my fps droped.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Blackheart

July 24, 2015, 09:43:37 AM #5 Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:27:24 AM by Blackheart
You have all Windows 8? Why, I see a hard disk usage by 100% since yesterday  :o

P.S. it was not a problem of ping, I was on 60 and I have a fast connection 100down/10up

HornetMaX

Quote from: Blackheart on July 24, 2015, 09:43:37 AM
P.S. It was definitely a problem of ping, I was on 60 and I have a fast connection 100down/10up
Ping at 60ms is not bad at all, it shouldn't cause any problem. I doubt it is the reason of your fps drop.

MaX.

Blackheart

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 24, 2015, 10:23:40 AM
Quote from: Blackheart on July 24, 2015, 09:43:37 AM
P.S. It was definitely a problem of ping, I was on 60 and I have a fast connection 100down/10up
Ping at 60ms is not bad at all, it shouldn't cause any problem. I doubt it is the reason of your fps drop.

MaX.

I wrong writing, i meant "not a problem of ping"  ;D

Edit the post above

Boerenlater

Maybe it is everyone uses now a custom skin which is more heavy on the machine?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

HornetMaX

OK. But 100% HD usage is very suspect.

It's high season for viruses, malware, zero-day attacks ... do all windows updates, antivirus updates, run complete scans. Just to be (a bit more) on the safe side.

MaX.

Boerenlater

I use a ssd and also got framedrops near other riders.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Blackheart

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 24, 2015, 10:30:34 AM
OK. But 100% HD usage is very suspect.

It's high season for viruses, malware, zero-day attacks ... do all windows updates, antivirus updates, run complete scans. Just to be (a bit more) on the safe side.

MaX.

The strange thing is that now everything seems back to normal. I read that Windows 8 causes this problem to many people. (100% usage hard disk)  ???

teeds

Quote from: Blackheart on July 24, 2015, 02:02:03 PM
The strange thing is that now everything seems back to normal. I read that Windows 8 causes this problem to many people. (100% usage hard disk)  ???

You botnet duties are over..... for now  ;)

CapeDoctor

actually, considering the sim is still under development, and for all intents and purposes, we are the beta testers, this kind of issue is possibly worth investigating closer, and getting a lot more feedback from more guys.
i hope PiBoSO agrees with this sentiment?   ;D
from my side, and possibly not related, as i am currently mainly offline due to an unfortunately high ping rate, is that i have started encountering strange symptoms which could be due to a sort of memory leak, or at least are similar to those i've suffered in the past.
in effect, the longer i play the game without any core crashes, and changing bikes, etc, at some point, i suddenly get a huge drop in fps, down to unplayable single digits - even navigating the menu is difficult. the only cure is to restart the game.
this has started happening to me more frequently recently, and maybe is made worse by me constantly stop/starting the game to test new paints.  :D
i'll keep testing this scenario, and offer more feedback if it is required.. let me know?  8)

BOBR6 84

Yeah i have this too.. like you say the menu's and everything slow down, restart is the only fix.. not good if you are about to start a race lol