• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Rumble in MaxHUD - discussion

Started by HornetMaX, July 20, 2015, 12:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Well I have tried on the GP10 and think its great with the wheel touchdowns, some kerb rumble and bump detection. very nice.

I have a problem though with the settings - IE whenever I go in the pits all the settings I put on are lost and it defaults to everything ON.

Even choosing everything OFF the rumble still er rumbles.

2nd install - I deleted Data and DLO AND My Documents ini and cfg files before installation to plugin folder then tested again same problem.

only me? Off to read the PDF again in case I missed sommat but not had any issues with previous versions  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Napalm Nick

Further to the above - I reloaded V1.9.9 and that does not suffer the same problem only this new b version.

Hope that helps.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 28, 2015, 01:54:56 PM
I have a problem though with the settings - IE whenever I go in the pits all the settings I put on are lost and it defaults to everything ON.
Uh, definitely not supposed to happen, I'll have a look tonight.

MaX.

HornetMaX

Does it have the same problem with the settings of the other widgets ?

E.g. if you change an option and/or the position of another widget, then you go to the pits, does it keep the setting/position or does it get reset too ?

It may be just a bug on my side, I've modified how the settings gets saved ... the idea was to improve but ... you know .. software ...

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Ah well some did keep their settings (map options/backgrounds OFF etc) but some not (helmet offset top and bottom reset to default).

No worries I know software

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 28, 2015, 02:35:46 PM
Ah well some did keep their settings (map options/backgrounds OFF etc) but some not (helmet offset top and bottom reset to default).

Fcuk, another debugging session tonight ... wifey not going to be happy about that :)

MaX.

Napalm Nick

Ha. Give her some haggis and cheps and tell her you do it for the sake of humanity.

BOBR6 84

Tried it this morning, no problems for me.. And, its great! Nice work.

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 28, 2015, 09:00:33 PM
Tried it this morning, no problems for me.. And, its great! Nice work.
No problems for me neither ...

@Napalm Nick: can you send me the MaxHUD.ini 9email or PM here) ? After that, rename it to .ini.old and restart GPB then recheck  if you have the problem.

MaX.

Vini

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 20, 2015, 01:06:49 PM
Hmmm ... two schools appearing: one for rumble when the bike vibrates, the other rumble when the wheels are sliding ...

MaX.

100% for the second one, the other option is not really useful and it could be annoying on bikes that wobble a lot IMO

Napalm Nick

ini attached.
will try rename now

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 28, 2015, 09:23:13 PM
ini attached.
will try rename now
Wait wait !

It seems your /ini file correponds to the one of the previous version (v1.9.9).
v1.9.9b should have overwritten that with the new one.

Are you sure you've downloaded and installed v1.9.9b ? (silly question, but ...)

MaX.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on July 28, 2015, 09:20:53 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on July 20, 2015, 01:06:49 PM
Hmmm ... two schools appearing: one for rumble when the bike vibrates, the other rumble when the wheels are sliding ...

MaX.

100% for the second one, the other option is not really useful and it could be annoying on bikes that wobble a lot IMO
Depends on what's the goal here ...

MaX.

Napalm Nick

yeh posted that before I thought - I went back to 1.9.9 because I was off to practicing so that explains that.

Anyway I renamed the ini. re-extracted zip and deleted 1.9.9 data and DLO  (AGAIN) then installed 1.9.9b.

and guess what its bloody working now ???  I did get a corrupted PDF file though which was strange so maybe I have some download corruption (hey never had it before  >:()

What can I say, apologise to your wife for me maybe tell her Bill Gates F'*d me over again with his sloppy systems.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on July 28, 2015, 09:39:56 PM
yeh posted that before I thought - I went back to 1.9.9 because I was off to practicing so that explains that.

Anyway I renamed the ini. re-extracted zip and deleted 1.9.9 data and DLO  (AGAIN) then installed 1.9.9b.

and guess what its bloody working now ???  I did get a corrupted PDF file though which was strange so maybe I have some download corruption (hey never had it before  >:()

What can I say, apologise to your wife for me maybe tell her Bill Gates F'*d me over again with his sloppy systems.
Wife pulled rank, so I had to satisfy her before replying you, no trouble there  ;D

Corrupted pdf ? Can you retry the download ? Cause it works fine for me.

MaX.