• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:09:58 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

[Reproduceable] Core.exe

Started by PeterV, August 16, 2015, 11:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

August 16, 2015, 11:28:56 AM Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:53:42 PM by PeterV
Ever since i crashed on the Victoria track Victoria Gap, i can not load one track too play on (test or offline session).
They all give me a Core.exe on loading a track. This irritated me a little  >:(  and i decided to uninstall all the Gpbikes stuff i had installed.

Reinstalled GPBikes 6c (only default, no mods), calibrated the controller, set the GFX options all too max settings.
started playing Victoria loaded fine in test and offline sessions. Then i started too enter values in gpbikes.ini under [core] section (like i had them before).

[core]
texture_quality = 1 ; 0 -> uncompressed, OpenGL default, 1 -> uncompressed, 32 bits, 2 -> uncompressed, 16 bits, 3 -> compressed, OpenGL driver, 4 -> compressed (default value)
bike_shadow = 2048
bike_reflections = 512
replay = 500000000

Now comes the funny part...with these settings it will give me a Core.exe on loading the track.
I tested it several times by removing this and putting it back again, and the outcome is always the same.

- With these [core] settings Core.exe on track loading.
- Without these [core] settings all is fine.

* Edit 1
Problem seems to be in the replay buffer size, lowering the buffer does not give core.exe anymore.

* Edit 2
The replay buffer size in the below entry (466000000) is the maximum before it begins too Core.exe
(467000000 for example gives a Core.exe)

[core]
texture_quality = 1 ; 0 -> uncompressed, OpenGL default, 1 -> uncompressed, 32 bits, 2 -> uncompressed, 16 bits, 3 -> compressed, OpenGL driver, 4 -> compressed (default value)
bike_shadow = 2048
bike_reflections = 512
replay = 466000000 ; default 10000000

* Edit 3
The replay buffer size can differ from track too track. I am testing several tracks, findings so far:
(Activating or disabling bike_shadow = or bike_reflections = entry's do not make any difference.)

Victoria Track

[core]
bike_shadow = 4096                              ; 2048
bike_reflections = 1024                         ; 512
replay = 466000000 ; default 10000000 (10mb)

Dijon Prenois V1.01HP Track

[core]
replay = 446000000 ; default 10000000 (10mb)

Jerez v0.9 Track

[core]
replay = 320000000 ; default 10000000 (10mb)

System specs:

Napalm Nick

Sorry Peter don't want to turn your report into a discussion but I did want to say that I also had this problem when trying to make the servers have a 5mB Replay Buffer. The servers would 'core' on startup had to drop it to 3.5Mb (which has been more than enough so far).

So I concur with your replay buffer findings.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 16, 2015, 03:31:04 PM
Sorry Peter don't want to turn your report into a discussion but I did want to say that I also had this problem when trying to make the servers have a 5mB Replay Buffer. The servers would 'core' on startup had to drop it to 3.5Mb (which has been more than enough so far).

So I concur with your replay buffer findings.

No discussion needed it is what it is  ;)
Glad that others have it as well, otherwise i would feel very stupid.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 16, 2015, 03:31:04 PM
Are you sure about these vales ? Because the default (10000000) is 10MB ...

MaX.

Napalm Nick

sorry Gibibytes is what I meant to work in - I think the max buffer size is restricted by your own PC memory.

On my games PC I can get this:

[CORE)
replay=5368709120       ; = 5 Gibibytes

:o
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 16, 2015, 08:48:56 PM
sorry Gibibytes is what I meant to work in - I think the max buffer size is restricted by your own PC memory.

On my games PC I can get this:

[CORE)
replay=5368709120       ; = 5 Gibibytes

:o

that is very very high, how many ram you got in pc? Intresting though :o ;)

Napalm Nick

My initial thought of it must be RAM amount related can't be right if you have 16Gb - my Games PC only has 8Gb.  ::)

So I don't know what to suggest limits it. Plenty of save space in your Replay folder area?

the servers will now take 999,999,999 (999Mb) and they only have 4Gb.  They wont take anything more though. The wet replay one of them saved last night, was in excess of 997 Mb! hence my post in the wet replay bug thread earlier.

If you leave out the graphics options under [CORE] does that make any difference? If you try it on a Thursday it might change lol. ::)

PeterV

h106frp

How is the file written to disk? One big file or a series of files?

Is it stored in virtual memory before writing to disk or is it streamed direct to disk?

Does GPB have the old 32 bit file size limit of a bit less than 4GB maximum file size?

Napalm Nick

One big file but it seems pretty stable.

Virtual and written to disk when the server -'resets' (when everyone leaves)

I don't know  ::)

Peter - I see no difference in the Edit 3 two tracks code you posted, so I am assuming it is a WIP and other tracks will appear  ;) Its an interesting find you think it is track related. My servers at 999Mb have yet to reject a track with that setting. Interestinggggggggg.

h106frp

The numbers sound a lot like 32 bit restrictions, i believe this extends to page filed memory as well.

If you run 32 bit OS i think you need to enable Physical Address Extensions

Napalm Nick

Oh another interesting point - for the record, all mine (games and servers) are 64-bit OS. And on all of them the game is installed on separate Hard disks (IE: outside of any x86 folders).

PeterV

Peter - I see no difference in the Edit 3 two tracks code you posted, so I am assuming it is a WIP and other tracks will appear  ;) Its an interesting find you think it is track related. My servers at 999Mb have yet to reject a track with that setting. Interestinggggggggg.

Oeps forgot too alter the value in Dijon Prenois, will alter l8r this evening.

Edit:
No it is different but its a small one look closely  ;)

Napalm Nick

Well I hope this isn't an intelligence test cost I have failed  :-[
Quote from: PeterV on August 16, 2015, 11:28:56 AM
* Edit 3

Victoria Track

[core]
replay = 466000000 ; default 10000000 (10mb)

Dijon Prenois V1.01HP Track

[core]
replay = 446000000 ; default 10000000 (10mb)

PeterV

Quote from: Napalm Nick on August 21, 2015, 06:24:55 PM
Well I hope this isn't an intelligence test cost I have failed  :-[

victoria
Dijon Prenois