• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:03:20 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Question: Modding / WIP List

Started by C21, January 10, 2014, 07:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C21

January 10, 2014, 07:42:18 AM Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:35:16 AM by C21
I know there are a few mods/WIP out there on different forums (Piboso, Motoonline, GPBikesItalia,..).
In my opinion it would be perfect to list all the currect WIP mods within one link / topic to have a better overwiev what is still under development and what already have been done.
I think we should devide it in 3Dmodels and Physics.
This list can also be used by modders to get easier contact with each other.
The ones creating 3D models mostly do not attempt to create the physics and vice versa.
It would also help to see which 3d models or physics are already under development so modders do not waste time in development of the same stuff or (the other side) can interact with each other.
This List should be sticky and listed as Number 1 in the Modding-Bike section.
It´s not funny to see after a hard work of development that the bike or physics already exist by another modder (not knowning someone else already working also on this project)  ;)

What do you think?
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

neoraptor

I can't agree more !   ;)
It would be sad to waste the ressource of this small community !
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

C21

Hawk

I absolutely agree. It would be a great addition to the community. ;D

When are you going to start this list? :)

iVolution

Quote from: C21 on January 14, 2014, 12:15:25 PM
Seems of not much interest?? ???
I think this is good idea preventing duplication of mods. We do not want a situation in which we have to choose between two versions and decide which is going to be used predomonantly.

We need a sort of "social hub" where modders can find and help each other with certain issues. Although this forum already provides that to some extent, a single overview topic would be helpful for everyone to see who is doing what.

neoraptor

We can do that on the wiki (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=513.0), as anyone will be able to add his work, whether it is a full bike or only a part (graphic, sound or physic).
Otherwise, it is going to be a titan task for the one maintaining the list  :)

The other solution is that all bikes we want to play with are validated by someone, who put them in a sticky list.
In this case, we don't have the bike in construction, only finished bikes.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. Confucius
>> Wiki to help modders <<

HornetMaX

I can create a sticky post with the WIPs and their status (e.g. 50% complete, 90% complete, published), if OK to all.
I can contact all the modders to start the thing, but then it will be up to them to contact me (PM) to have stuff added/changed from the post.

Could do two, one for Bikes, one for Tracks.

How does that sound ?

MaX.

iVolution

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 14, 2014, 01:09:21 PM
I can create a sticky post with the WIPs and their status (e.g. 50% complete, 90% complete, published), if OK to all.
I can contact all the modders to start the thing, but then it will be up to them to contact me (PM) to have stuff added/changed from the post.

Could do two, one for Bikes, one for Tracks.

How does that sound ?

MaX.

Sounds great to me, Max..... you can put me down for Creating Cadwell Park Track and the 1982 Yamaha YZR OW60 500GP bike 3D model(Hopefully someone else can/will do the physics for it?).

HornetMaX

Topic created: Modding Work In Progress (WIP)

Feel free to PM me/RiccoChicco with the requested information to have your WIPs shown in the topic.

MaX.

C21

January 14, 2014, 09:02:06 PM #10 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:03:52 PM by C21
Not looking into this topic for hours....and what the hell is going in here ?!  ;D ;)
Max, i totaly agree your Solution , much appreciated!

Edit:
That's exactly that what I've been looking for starting this topic.

HornetMaX

I've sent PMs to the following people:

janaucarre
JC#21
noss69
neoraptor
Juju
RiccoChicco
Buggi
ALEale
_oDi_
SaintWest
Alone
LauZzZn
Alex_Logan_3D
C21
Hawk_UK

I may have left somebody out: just PM me.

MaX.

Reactive

Track name   : IOM TT      |      Author(s)   : Reactive
Status   : 10%      |      Target date   : ??
GPB/WRS   : ??      |      Link to topic   : ??
* after polishing the road will be sent to all guys who PM me for additional modeling.
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

HornetMaX

Quote from: Reactive on January 20, 2014, 02:58:44 PM
Track name   : IOM TT      |      Author(s)   : Reactive
Status   : 10%      |      Target date   : ??
GPB/WRS   : ??      |      Link to topic   : ??
* after polishing the road will be sent to all guys who PM me for additional modeling.

Added. PM would have been better tough :)

MaX.