• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:45:03 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergio101

Thanks!!! I try to post my first video tomorrow :)

PeterV

October 04, 2015, 11:39:02 AM #466 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:45:26 AM by PeterV
Just another Sunday.....keep practicing onboard riding.

https://www.youtube.com/v/TxnIE1sJmSM

Hawk

Looking good there Peter!  ;D

Love to get into the 1st person view riding myself(have done some before, and with DST, with some pretty good results), but I've said to myself I'll await beta 7 first..... though I may have a dabble in Matty's race event at Hockenheim 79 track tonight but still not sure yet(I've not had any practice in 1st person at all for months. Lol)  :)

Nice cockpit there mate.... is that the Yamaha YZR 500?

Hawk.

PeterV

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 04, 2015, 12:06:30 PM
Nice cockpit there mate.... is that the Yamaha YZR 500?

Hawk.
Yep thats the Yamaha YZR500, but the honda and Suzuki also have a nice cockpit view.
(reminds me too check out the Aprilia RSW)  ;)

Napalm Nick

Quote from: PeterV on October 04, 2015, 11:39:02 AM
Just another Sunday.....keep practicing onboard riding.

Did you take that baby up Hock 79 onboard?  Hear her screaming! Fap Fap Fap ! Big tracks, onboard view, heaven.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

PeterV

October 05, 2015, 03:14:36 PM #470 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 04:55:11 PM by PeterV
Quote from: Napalm Nick on October 04, 2015, 03:21:26 PM

Did you take that baby up Hock 79 onboard?  Hear her screaming! Fap Fap Fap ! Big tracks, onboard view, heaven.

No not yet, although i love the longer high speed circuits from the past.

Marcel

Hardcore mode is awesome, now i need to improve my simple handlebar to a hole controller for bike racing :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNBM9BxDho&feature=youtu.be

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Marcel on October 05, 2015, 03:34:30 PM
Hardcore mode is awesome, now i need to improve my simple handlebar to a hole controller for bike racing :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNBM9BxDho&feature=youtu.be

Very impressive!  8)

Hawk

BOBR6 84

Good effort! I see what u trying to do But just looks weird to me..  :D
Looks more like inverted steering or something  ;D ;D

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 05, 2015, 10:57:17 PM
Good effort! I see what u trying to do But just looks weird to me..  :D
Looks more like inverted steering or something  ;D ;D

Yes, I know what you mean Bob. It looks like he's using DST counter steering but the counter steering movement looks to great than it would be in real life to me.... not sure if I could get my head around that because I'd always be turn right when I wanted to go left and vice versa. Lol

But still very impressive to see someone using counter steer to control GPB.   ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 06, 2015, 07:04:39 AM
Yes, I know what you mean Bob. It looks like he's using DST counter steering but the counter steering movement looks to great than it would be in real life to me....

According to the comments on the youtube page, he's using "directsteer=2" i.e. Direct Steer Angle (DSA), and not DST like Klax.

Using a maxangle of 30deg with a wheel  max rotation of 90deg should mean that he will move his handlebars 3 times the amount you see on the screen: 3deg on the wheel = only 1deg in game.
So that's probably why he seems to be moving it a lot. Probably, this is necessary to get the right sensitivity/precision/feeling.

About getting your head around it, it's "just" a matter of training: it has been proved that if you flip your sight up/down (so you see the world upside down) you're puzzled for a while but your brain adapts to that after a while.

And notice that counter steering is what you really do on a real bike, so it should feel closer to the real thing.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 06, 2015, 11:02:48 AM
Quote from: Hawk UK on October 06, 2015, 07:04:39 AM
Yes, I know what you mean Bob. It looks like he's using DST counter steering but the counter steering movement looks to great than it would be in real life to me....

According to the comments on the youtube page, he's using "directsteer=2" i.e. Direct Steer Angle (DSA), and not DST like Klax.

Using a maxangle of 30deg with a wheel  max rotation of 90deg should mean that he will move his handlebars 3 times the amount you see on the screen: 3deg on the wheel = only 1deg in game.
So that's probably why he seems to be moving it a lot. Probably, this is necessary to get the right sensitivity/precision/feeling.

About getting your head around it, it's "just" a matter of training: it has been proved that if you flip your sight up/down (so you see the world upside down) you're puzzled for a while but your brain adapts to that after a while.

And notice that counter steering is what you really do on a real bike, so it should feel closer to the real thing.

MaX.

Ah... okay... I understand Max.  ;)

Actually I'd love to control GPB with the counter-steer and will at some stage(probably GPB V1.0  ::) ) make myself go back to square one, like you say, and re-train to ride in that way. But the incentive is not there while there are still many niggley bugs that make doing that a lot harder work than is necessary. ie: When starting off in DST the steering is not centred but is whacked right over to the left and unable to centre while not moving which makes it very difficult to get going.  Should have been a simple hot-fix and updated almost straight away after beta 6 release but was not. I was all ready to give riding with DST a very good try after the release of beta 6 too.... I was very disappointed when the hot-fix for this problem was obviously not going to get done until beta 7(hopefully). >:(

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on October 06, 2015, 11:50:57 AM
When starting off in DST the steering is not centred but is whacked right over to the left and unable to centre while not moving which makes it very difficult to get going.
Oh, I thought this was solved with beta6 (but I can be wrong on that).

If it helps, you don't have this problem with DSA: DSA + FFB should be the closest thing to real steering (at least on the paper, I recall that Klax was not happy about DSA and preferred DST).

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on October 06, 2015, 11:55:26 AM
Quote from: Hawk UK on October 06, 2015, 11:50:57 AM
When starting off in DST the steering is not centred but is whacked right over to the left and unable to centre while not moving which makes it very difficult to get going.
Oh, I thought this was solved with beta6 (but I can be wrong on that).

If it helps, you don't have this problem with DSA: DSA + FFB should be the closest thing to real steering (at least on the paper, I recall that Klax was not happy about DSA and preferred DST).

MaX.

Well honestly I have not tried DSA as yet... I will have to give that a go, but for sure the above problem is still in DST because that's why I ditched my DST training with Klax. For me there was no point in racing with DST if when you fall it takes several attempts to get started again..... Let's see what beta 7 brings? Hopefully when Piboso says "soon" it is what the English dictionary defines it and not the Irish version. Hehe.  ;D

Hawk.