• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:26:30 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

World Racing Series beta7

Started by PiBoSo, October 13, 2015, 05:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furious

Did 13 laps with RX on rx track and I have to say it's a great fun :P Looking forward to some racing!

Phathry25

What's up with the RX car feeling like its dominated by the front wheels?  I can get it sideways but as soon as I hit the gas it's basically a front wheel drive car. Diff settings?

Unless you get it really sideways, then it just accelerates sideways, meaning it seems to speed up its lateral speed, and not forwards at all. It's really awkward. That and the car will slide back and forth laterally if you slide to a stop sideways.

Don't dare tip the sprint car on its side if you have a FFB wheel. I think it tries to tip itself back up. But it just pulls itself around on its side. If my wheel wasnt shaking itself to death I'd probably laugh at it. The best way I found to drive it was to go into the corners gently and then hold it WFO with the wheels full lock to the right and then just modulate the throttle a little bit on corner exit to get it to come back. It didn't feel realistic at all, I think I felt the front wheels flopping when I got near full lock, which seemed to transfer enough weight to an important place that the car will just hold itself in a steady slide no matter what.

I made a 2wd RX car, it's fun, but I thought it would be easier to slide, especially on throttle accelerating off of corners, it's not. It feels alright sliding into the corners, a lot like the AWD version, you need to balance it and keep the rear end from swapping ends. Maybe a little too touchy, will have to check into the weight distribution to know for sure. But on the throttle it spins way too quick, it doesn't matter how quick the tire is spinning in comparison to the ground you shouldn't lose all lateral traction like you do. I took a look at the tire files, but couldn't find any explanation of the gibberish at the top. I have a feeling with the other odd behavior it's the tires, but it could be a lack of inertia too. It's time like this I wish I were an engineer so I could be of more help.

All in all the tire model needs some serious work. Hopefully you can get it nailed down, because with your terrain deformation and dynamic track there's a huge untapped market out there begging for a game that does such a nice job of simulating dirt tracks/surfaces.

IMHO of course.

BOBR6 84

Anybody have a good setting for the handbrake? I have it assigned to the ''A'' button on the GPX controller..
I want it to ''bite'' on/off quickly.. At the moment the button has a ''smooth'' filter.. Feels to weak to kick the rear end out. Seems to create more understeer.

RX car.

oppolo

Quote from: Phathry25 on October 14, 2015, 08:13:53 PM
But it just pulls itself around on its side.
it's normal for a setup for oval tracks

Phathry25

Quote from: oppolo on October 17, 2015, 07:16:17 PM

You're not understanding what I am saying.  Sorry.

oppolo

Quote from: Phathry25 on October 18, 2015, 05:42:04 AM
Quote from: oppolo on October 17, 2015, 07:16:17 PM

You're not understanding what I am saying.  Sorry.
yes sorry, quite probably because of the language, anyway I also feel some strange behaviour in the sprint cars, I agree with you in the parts I understand

PiBoSo

There was a lot of positive feedback about Beta7.
However, rallycross seems to have been mostly overlooked, so it needs to be showcased:

http://www.youtube.com/v/B-mmyjOjqCA
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Napalm Nick

I think all the content of WRS is great. The Rallycross is a particular highlight. Congratulations! Cant figure out how to drive like your video yet but that will come I guess if I put the practice in.  For now though all my hopes are pinned elsewhere  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 19, 2015, 05:11:14 PM
However, rallycross seems to have been mostly overlooked, so it needs to be showcased:

8)

oppolo

the game doesn't take the last setup used

PiBoSo

Quote from: oppolo on October 19, 2015, 09:06:54 PM

The setup seems to be correctly restored.
Which car and track?
What's the name of the setup?
"La perfezione non è il nostro obiettivo, è la nostra tendenza".

Yohji

good drifting! seem to changing tyre parameter  8)

and I think, gravel surface is hard hardness of contact patch( I get feel it on MXbikes too). I hope someday, we have some type of gravel (ex, soft, medium and hard touch surface gravel) it different how dugging when same load to surface.
and in rain condition, gravel feel changing muddy, it have more dugging and more road resistance...

oppolo

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 19, 2015, 11:02:43 PM
Quote from: oppolo on October 19, 2015, 09:06:54 PM

The setup seems to be correctly restored.
Which car and track?
What's the name of the setup?
tandridge and victoria, name setup "a"
but now it keeps it, maybe if I don't assign it at least one time to race or qualify, it doesn't save it for restore

non avevo ancora salvato nessun setup per gara o qualifica e ogni volta che facevo ripartire il gioco dovevo scegliere il setup perche non veniva memorizzato in current setup...ora dopo averlo assegnato a "gara" funziona bene, e continua a tenerlo in memoria, sempre nel current, anche se non assegno nessun setup a gara...non so se sono stato chiaro

oppolo

I will not ever able to drive in this way, but good job in this release, bravo!