• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:09:34 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on August 12, 2015, 09:49:55 PM
Just a minor thing..... When I change the speed from KMH to MPH the KMH label still shows. I think it does calculate in MPH when you change it to MPH but might be worth checking too.  ;)
Well spotted. Silly typo screwed the thing. Will be in the next version, unless you convince me you can't use GPB because of that bug (which, to be honest, will take a lot of persuasion :) ).

Thx !

MaX.

davidboda46

Hi Max. First of, thanks again for the amazing work that you put into GP-bikes.

I have a question: would it be possible to also show MAX Hud widgets in replay, with no changes to the interface/functionality compared to the "live" mode?

Just thought that sometimes it would be cool to be able to show (and see) riders inputs, speed etc. That way we could also more easily learn from each other.

Would be especially cool with helmet cam replay, but blame for the lack of that option does not fall upon you... (hrrrmm, hrrrmm, developer, hrrrmmm...)  :D

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46     
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Hi David,

short answer: no.

Details: GPB does not allow output plugins to run while in replay mode.

To be honest, in KRP beta14 there're changes that seem to show that something is moving towards this direction but as always there's zero documentation from Piboso so I'd have to work out what could be done.

To be extra-honest I even started working on it in KRP beta14, but the recent news from the GPB front have put me in "zero-will-to-spend-my-time-on-that" mode.

MaX.

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 31, 2015, 07:12:41 AM

To be extra-honest I even started working on it in KRP beta14, but the recent news from the GPB front have put me in "zero-will-to-spend-my-time-on-that" mode.

MaX.

I hear you mate. Know the feeling.

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

HornetMaX

Quote from: davidboda46 on August 31, 2015, 02:45:25 PM
The annoying thing is that even my decision bothers me a lot as, in the end, the one who "suffer" from it are the players like you and me. Kind of the opposite of a win-win situation ...

MaX.

davidboda46

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 31, 2015, 02:59:21 PM
Quote from: davidboda46 on August 31, 2015, 02:45:25 PM
The annoying thing is that even my decision bothers me a lot as, in the end, the one who "suffer" from it are the players like you and me. Kind of the opposite of a win-win situation ...

MaX.

Sometimes it's better to take a break. If you don't feel the motivation, the work will suffer anyway. To have MAX Hud in replays is more of an "extra feature", just to have it in-game is brilliant already. And you've done so much in this community already, you deserve a breather  ;) Let's just wait and see if future versions of GP-bikes will give us more motivation. I certainly hope that will be the case.

/David

tseklias

At least you understand the situation well in addition to many flying kite people...

Hawk

MaX.

Totally agree with you on that Max.  ;)

Even though I was greatly disappointed with Piboso's actions and decisions recently and in the past(it's becoming quite a distinct pattern to say the least), I decided that to just give up and quit would be the wrong thing to do and would only be "Cutting off my own nose to spite my face", because despite the work still needed on GPB I still enjoy playing online and racing/taking part in events with everyone else in the community, as well as organising the Track Downloads Database and Track Modding.

It's the community just as much as GPB itself that make this simulation what it is right now, and I'd like to see it carry on progressing to it's full potential.  That would be easier and quicker if Piboso would update GPB at a reasonably regular pace, but Piboso is what he is and GPB is the only real race bike simulation out there right now(what choice do we have), it would be great if someone else would stand up to the plate and give him some real competition. That I would love to see!  ;D ;D 8) 8)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on August 31, 2015, 11:26:23 PM
... despite the work still needed on GPB I still enjoy playing online and racing/taking part in events with everyone else in the community
Sorry, can't do. Not anymore. I try to play from time to time, but after 2-5-10min a glaring bug that could have been fixed months ago hits my face and I can't avoid saying to myself that I have better things to do. I simply can't find the joy in it anymore. I'm as low as considering playing freakin' gungame mod in cod4 a better usage of my free time. And that says a lot.

So yes, I'll be a good sheep and wait for beta8 (or whichever beta will be good enough). Anyway, waiting is everything we're being asked to do.

Quote from: Hawk UK on August 31, 2015, 11:26:23 PM
as well as organising the Track Downloads Database and Track Modding.
For which I'm personally very grateful: you've done a great job on that, for sure.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Cheer up MaX, it might never happen!  :D

HornetMaX

v1.9.9e out:

• Updated for WRS beta7.
  • HUDSpeed has option to show background (color in .ini file).

MaX.

HornetMaX

v1.9.9f out:

• Updated for GPB beta7.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Docfumi

AHHHHHHHHH! This is just what I was waiting for. Thanks Max.  ;)
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

Napalm Nick

October 28, 2015, 10:49:15 PM #239 Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 10:53:31 PM by Napalm Nick
Sweeet thanks Max!

OH a Rumble terminator cool!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"