• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:27:11 PM

GP125 ITA

Started by fabio93bg, November 01, 2015, 01:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yohji

Quote from: ALEale on November 02, 2015, 10:03:12 AM
the reason is written some post ago... so we want to have fun... if someone didn't like this 125, he can try to do some laps with stock 125... (if he can end a lap)

I know you want more front stability, but thats change value is too big even to front stabilize.
its ok to +0.05 ~ +0.10

skerp

Quote from: Hawk on November 02, 2015, 10:03:30 AM
Not had the chance to ride this bike yet, but reading through some of the posts here I'd just like to say that: Putting accurate bike data into a simulation is a good thing but only a start. The many variables in real world that can effect a bikes performance are impossible to account for in total in a PC based simulator alone, therefore real data is only a starting foundation and much testing and adjusting of that real data is required to get the simulated bikes to feel and act as much to real life as possible. In other words, inputting real data alone without tweaking and adjusting won't get you a realistic reacting bike as the end result, and when the simulated bike data has been tweaked so that it feels realistic to ride the actual reference to the real data can look inaccurate.

Hardcore real bike data fans may not like that but it is a fact when you cannot possible account for all the real world variables(on a PC based simulator) to accurately simulate everything that affects a bikes performance in the real life world.

Conclusion: Compromises to the real data are a must to get a realistic reaction from a PC based simulator alone.  :)

Hawk.
PS: I'll be testing the 125 asap.  ;) 8)

+1
Conclusion:  With a track official available to simulate what you want?

ALEale

Quote from: Yohji on November 02, 2015, 10:08:39 AM
Quote from: ALEale on November 02, 2015, 10:03:12 AM
the reason is written some post ago... so we want to have fun... if someone didn't like this 125, he can try to do some laps with stock 125... (if he can end a lap)

I know you want more front stability, but thats change value is too big even to front stabilize.
its ok to +0.05 ~ +0.10

i've done what you are suggesting... but with this values the rear tire slide without any motive... so... if anyone has done a 125 ridable he can post it on this forum....

skerp

November 02, 2015, 10:21:31 AM #18 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:41:41 AM by skerp
Quote from: Yohji on November 02, 2015, 09:58:38 AM
I checked files.. why you changing parameta too big... +1.00 is too high...

Exactly! it should intervene Piboso to solve the persistent problem for years, is not it?
We just tried to make a rideable motorcycle, if you prefer to use the bike of default, it's your choice. I personally I'm tired of falling and crashing every 30 seconds

fabio93bg

We tried different values.
Starting from the default: it should be the "real data" but... you fall in every turn... and this is not the real behaviour of the bike.
Then we changed the valute only a little bit, and the rear was going where he wanted, we didn' t touch the rear but it became splippery without a reason.
Then se changed as you see, not real data OK, but it behaves as it should.
Do you prefer real data but no ride or some tweaking but a bike that behaves as it should?

Also I remember we didn't want to do the 125 from scratch, but to do a enjoyable and rideable bike, real only on the track, because as you see real datas for this bike do not work properly
(stock bike)

Yohji

I think its good GP125 to ridable.
but I want to say  how taken for its is too large.

perhaps PIB knows GP125 problem and what to do need to solve it. but I dont know why he dont done it.

skerp

Quote from: Yohji on November 02, 2015, 10:48:27 AM
I think its good GP125 to ridable.
but I want to say  how taken for its is too large.

perhaps PIB knows GP125 problem and what to do need to solve it. but I dont know why he dont done it.

I'm agree with you.

Napalm Nick

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 01, 2015, 02:32:39 PM
In the interim of PiBoSo fixing the physics these modifications unlock a lot of potential for great fun races in the future.

I stick to my initial post. We can have some great fun while we wait the 'official fix'.

And as new Beta's are released these bikes will be revised by the mod team I'm sure. Maybe a new category could be used for them all, like Funbikes or something.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

yoshimura

the conduct of GBP ITALIA makes sense compared to a simple video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXJ0oqVRaak

C21

@ALEale
Thank you for the invitation.  :)
I agree it´s better to have a bike making fun then to have a bike in spec but unrideable (as the stock 125 is).
You can still loose the rear....so maybe the word "cheater" was a bit too harsh.
The problem with the 125 is really strange.
Tyre model is the same as for all other bikes (stock) but it did not work on the 125.
But why do we don´t have the problem on the bigger bikes?
The uprated values in the tyre file solved the problem crashing the bike and loosing the front end more often.
If the tyre file or the tyre math formulas are wrong the other bigger bikes should suffer the same problem but they did not.
I really don´t have a clue yet what causes the unridability of the stock 125.
Like to see some close 125cc racing as we now have a better collision model allowing some "touching" without instant crash.
You can cure the front end with the updated values but it still hides the main indictment of the stock 125 riding that bad.
I doubt that we can cure this by changing the physics files. Maybe a mathematical correction has to be done by the developer.
With each update the 125 getting more worse but the 500 and 1000 getting better....so imho the clue lies in the math.

It seems there is no other way right now to get the 125 driveable using values out of target range....but if it leads to decent racing i´m fine with it  ;D
Maybe we should keep that in mind when we are adapting the M3 Mod to B7B.
If we find a solution for the front end issue we will let you know.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

ALEale

Quote from: C21 on November 02, 2015, 01:36:00 PM
@ALEale
Thank you for the invitation.  :)
I agree it´s better to have a bike making fun then to have a bike in spec but unrideable (as the stock 125 is).
You can still loose the rear....so maybe the word "cheater" was a bit too harsh.
The problem with the 125 is really strange.
Tyre model is the same as for all other bikes (stock) but it did not work on the 125.
But why do we don´t have the problem on the bigger bikes?
The uprated values in the tyre file solved the problem crashing the bike and loosing the front end more often.
If the tyre file or the tyre math formulas are wrong the other bigger bikes should suffer the same problem but they did not.
I really don´t have a clue yet what causes the unridability of the stock 125.
Like to see some close 125cc racing as we now have a better collision model allowing some "touching" without instant crash.
You can cure the front end with the updated values but it still hides the main indictment of the stock 125 riding that bad.
I doubt that we can cure this by changing the physics files. Maybe a mathematical correction has to be done by the developer.
With each update the 125 getting more worse but the 500 and 1000 getting better....so imho the clue lies in the math.

It seems there is no other way right now to get the 125 driveable using values out of target range....but if it leads to decent racing i´m fine with it  ;D
Maybe we should keep that in mind when we are adapting the M3 Mod to B7B.
If we find a solution for the front end issue we will let you know.

;)

fabio93bg

November 02, 2015, 03:36:10 PM #26 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 03:38:06 PM by fabio93bg
UPDATED TO V 1.1

-name fix

ALEale

matty0l215

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

h106frp

Just tried the bike, handles as if its on rails even when the garage geometry is set to extreme.

Possible good fun for online racing but possibly a bit too stable  ;)