• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:15:17 AM

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Napalm Nick

Sweet. Still finding it difficult to get some good 'air' there, mainly because of the left/right before it which needs some work on it to make it less likely to spit you off. These two really show up the excessive sudden tightening that happens on some bends. Possibly part of the uphill physics problem PiB is working on.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Vini

Blackheart

Great laps Bob and Vin! And nice to see you use two of my helmet, I'm glad you like them!

P.S. Soon I will create a special helmet for Rossi ... because for me it was him to win this champ  ;D

Vini

November 09, 2015, 07:40:51 AM #649 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:33:23 AM by vin97
yes, thanks again for your efforts, blackheart.

your helmets are awesome!

Vini

November 13, 2015, 10:00:17 PM #650 Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 10:19:53 PM by vin97
More M1 footage, including big slides :D
https://www.youtube.com/v/HPeGRqrsDtk
50fps version only on YouTube, as always

As you can see, I had to quickly roll off and then on the throttle again after the rear stepped out to get a controlled powerslide and not the 'high-side pwerslides' you usually get with the GP1000 bikes (as demonstrated at the end of the video).
In my opinion, this shows that something is wrong with the physics (of the GP1000 bikes) because that is not how controlled slides work in reality.

@ Hawk: Hey do I increase the zoom even more? I want the bike to fill most of the screen like they do in practice sessions at MotoGP so that all the video bitrate isn't wasted for stationary background stuff.

Hawk

November 13, 2015, 10:37:11 PM #651 Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 10:39:28 PM by Hawk
Quote from: vin97 on November 13, 2015, 10:00:17 PM
More M1 footage, including big slides :D
https://www.youtube.com/v/HPeGRqrsDtk
50fps version only on YouTube, as always

As you can see, I had to quickly roll off and then on the throttle again after the rear stepped out to get a controlled powerslide and not the 'high-side pwerslides' you usually get with the GP1000 bikes (as demonstrated at the end of the video).
In my opinion, this shows that something is wrong with the physics (of the GP1000 bikes) because that is not how controlled slides work in reality.

@ Hawk: Hey do I increase the zoom even more? I want the bike to fill most of the screen like they do in practice sessions at MotoGP so that all the video bitrate isn't wasted for stationary background stuff.

Looks to me like you've done a really very good job with the replay cameras there Vin; very nice continuity between the camera switching.  ;D 8)

Zoom and when not to zoom is just personal preference really , but in my opinion the zoom shouldn't be overused(in other words zooming right in close so that you can only see one bike in the shot all the time with every camera), so just experiment if you want to combine different views in the same camera set.
But often we have a zoom camera set as well as other sets like "Pit Lane", "Spectator" and "Trackside" camera sets in separate sets that make up a choice of replay camera sets the user can choose from. But just play around with it all until you are happy with the results.  ;)

But your replay cameras above looks great mate! Nice job indeed! ;D 8)

Hawk.

Vini

November 13, 2015, 10:51:42 PM #652 Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 10:55:30 PM by vin97
The camera sets are the default ones that come with the tracks (I only changed that one camera at Aragon and removed the first one).
Of course, for filming races/battles, more zoom is not good but if you want to film a single bike doing hotlaps, even more zoom/smaller fov would reveal more details and also result in a higher image quality on youtube.

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on November 13, 2015, 10:51:42 PM
The camera sets are the default ones that come with the tracks (I only changed that one camera at Aragon and removed the first one).
Of course, for filming races/battles, more zoom is not good but if you want to film a single bike doing hotlaps, even more zoom/smaller fov would reveal more details and also result in a higher image quality on youtube.

Now that would be a different camera set we've not seen before; create a camera set called "Hotlap" or something similar and add it to the current camera sets in the track/s.   ;)

But the best thing to do would be to just do what you want to do and then see how it turns out.

BTW: Castle Combe needs a new replay camera set. Maybe a good place to start?  We already have permissions for that one. ;)

Hawk.

Vini

Started a brands hatch camset, not a fan of castle comb, sorry :D

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on November 14, 2015, 07:58:19 PM
Started a brands hatch camset, not a fan of castle comb, sorry :D

Just to let you know: That is one of the tracks I won't be able to update the track in the Track Downloads database without permissions from Track Author Noss69(NC).

Hawk.

Vini

Depending on (the smoothness of) the track, sliding the GP1000 bikes seems to work better than I thought :D
https://www.youtube.com/v/YL23rVY6vYg

Vergio101

November 20, 2015, 01:02:20 PM #657 Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:11:41 PM by PiBoSo

Hawk

ROFL!!  ;D ;D

Wow!! Nice trick mate! Whether that could be done in reality is a little dubious for me. Lol  ;D

Hawk
PS: Can you do it again?? Or was it a one off? Hehe

Napalm Nick

Haha! That is truly awesome lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"