• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:20:34 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Club Random announcements

Started by Napalm Nick, June 16, 2015, 02:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

h106frp

Gave it a go with no problems  :)

It does seem to generate quite a lot of high speed weave (probably because i am bouncing off the limiter so much  ;) ) - not very pleasant in first person

Napalm Nick

Ohhh interesting. Thanks H much appreciated I wonder why I having problems now ;-(

Love this track for the bumps and weaves - pure excitement in onboard view lol
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

November 19, 2015, 09:52:22 PM #242 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:55:07 PM by h106frp
Forgot to mention -  Hockenheim was stock 990, stock setup, max graphics settings, first person  :)

Just ran some laps of Spa NDS as a test - seems OK even with the gradients probably because its a bit wider than most. Its a very nice track in first person and also has some long fast bits :)

Napalm Nick

November 19, 2015, 10:59:01 PM #243 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:00:36 PM by Napalm Nick
Yeh I love that track and we have had some good races here.

I will try that 1st P for sure. (shame the RSW onboard view isn't good  :(;)

Yeh I tried 990 standard too but same core fest at Hock bah.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

Be great to try it with some other bikes  :)  Just set up manual rear brake to try for the first time and it seems to help a lot with eau rouge to trail the rear brake a bit  ;D

Napalm Nick

End of Castle Comb Hotlap challenge:
Meyer12 takes the prize for fastest Castle Comb  lap on the RSW500!

Congratulations also to a lot (well two) winners in the other categories, and everyone else who tried:

Meyer12 for the M1
Meyer12 for the Varese
Meyer12 for the 125ITA
Me for the FZ6 roadster  :)
Me for the Murasama 990  :)

OK so the new challenge is now going on the GPBOC1 server (Dynamic) - there are no entries on the Hotlap server yet - so now is the time for the Onboard riders to show there skills! We can assume all times on the Hotlap server have been set in Onboard View unless some chump starts another best lap server with the same track.

SPA - Onboard only - Dynamic

PS: if this track proves to be a problem due to its length affecting the Dynamic data more severely let us know and we will change ot to NDS.

Napalm Nick

So far only 4 people have set a time here. Where are all these self-proclaimed onboard riders ?  :D

BOBR6 84

joined a couple of times but no laps were even counted lol oh well.. was struggling anyway (tankslappers made me ill lol  :D)

h106frp

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 22, 2015, 11:15:16 AM
joined a couple of times but no laps were even counted lol oh well.. was struggling anyway (tankslappers made me ill lol  :D)

The tendency for the bike to start 'tankslapping' seems to be something that has crept in with beta7. Ran spa quite a lot with 6c and do not remember the problem being as pronounced as it is now - seems difficult to get weight onto the front wheel.

Napalm Nick

Yep squirting the power on now causes a lot more tankslappers. Progressive increase in throttle is the way ahead.. Traction Control Settings more important if you aren't good at it.
Some will argue on a MotoGP bike you can just go max throttle coming out of every bend due to intelligent GPS ECU control but I don't want that in real or in a game(sim) it is total crap.

6c gave me problems with excessive fishtailing under braking and 7b makes the braking much better.
Overall improvement in both areas I think.

But I would agree getting weight on the front is (and always has been) a problem here which is no doubt why the front tank-slaps as the tyre always feels like it is just skimming the track surface under acceleration. If only the virtual rider had more effect while leaning forward I think it would be a great improvement.

Maybe its time for them new Winglets!

BOBR6 84

i know iv said this more than enough times lol but i really want a steering damper in this sim!!! i think all the wobbles and tank slappers are good and should be there.. but theres only a bunch of placebo settings to dial them out with lol  :P ;D

Napalm Nick

Id be happy with one of them to use sometimes too  ;)

Napalm Nick

Gonna update server to Spa V1.4 (Dynamic) now. Hawky should be releasing it for you all soon I expect.

Remember ONBOARD riders - time to set your fastest laps here before those pesky 3rd Person riders do  ;D

BOBR6 84

just done a few laps.. laptime didnt register.. the handlebars wobbling/shaking is really starting to piss me off onboard to be honest so no more for me hahaha i need the SBK bikeset back  :)

Blackheart

I can not ride with the Muramasa view... it is too high for me :-\

Much better the M1 onboard camera  ::)