• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:01:18 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxTM telemetry - put your comments here.

Started by HornetMaX, May 28, 2014, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doNico

Hi,

The old 1.10 exe is working just fine, having problems with. 11. Yes, the plug-in works and collects data, no trouble with that. Mvc++ is installed and up to date...  I'm on win10

~doN

HornetMaX

Hhmm, the "I'm on win10" bit is likely the reason as it works for me (and others) on win7.

I haven't got win10 (and I won't for quite a while, likely): is there any compatibility setting you can run the executable with ?

Also, I've heard about that: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/consumerwatch-2/documents-read-only-after-windows-10-install-4537987/?p=2

@Others: anybody with Win10 can check if MaxTM works fine (the viewer) ?

doNico

QuoteProblemsignatur
Problemereignisame:   AppHangB1
Anwendungsname:   MaxTM_Viewer.exe
Anwendungsversion:   0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel:   54a81f37
Absturzsignatur:   483d
Absturztyp:   134217728
Betriebsystemversion:   10.0.10240.2.0.0.768.101
Gebietsschema-ID:   1031
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 1:   483d3109d22ce8fde1afb7154e4c8cdd
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 2:   cce7
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 3:   cce74607c92bd929166d38d581900c68
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 4:   483d
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 5:   483d3109d22ce8fde1afb7154e4c8cdd
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 6:   cce7
Zusätzliche Absturzsignatur 7:   cce74607c92bd929166d38d581900c68

Weitere Informationen über das Problem
Bucket-ID:   e5482c63be82a1524e397233481d51d5 (50)

finally got someething useful

~doN

HornetMaX

Not that useful, I fear. Which antivirus do you have ?

Can you whitelisting the .exe in the antivirus (or switching the antivirus off, just for the test) ? Eventually, you can run it in a sandbox.

doNico

allready did it without Avast, no chance :/

HornetMaX

Argh. Running out of (reasonable) ideas.

I'm switching from Visual Studio 2010 to Visual Studio 2013 (and a more recent version of Qt): I doubt it will make any difference but let's hope.

There seems to be something going very wrong between some apps and Win10.

doNico

Yes, your totally right... Hopefully your able to fix it

~doN

HornetMaX

Quote from: doNico on November 20, 2015, 02:22:43 PM
Yes, your totally right... Hopefully your able to fix it
We can try this: I'll send you a debug build of the tool (still built with VS 2010), maybe it will crash with some additional info.
I'll also send you a release and a debug build done with VS 2013.

Tonight likely.

Slawi

Quote from: neoraptor on November 27, 2014, 10:28:23 AM
Hi Max,
I have been quite busy with real motorcycle racing this year and didn't have time to play GPB since last year.  :'(

Your tool is a really nice start to analyze GPB data.  ;D
I use AEMData (= Gems Data) and here are few things that could be added to make your tool even more cool and usable !!
* Add a channel list where all channels are displayed with their values
* Drag and drop channel would be nice from this channel list to the graph

* Multiple curve on graph : allow to superpose 2 or more curves (example : RPM and speed on the same graph)

* Cursor line : Draw a line to show where the cursor is instead of displaying the box on the curve
* Channel value placement : Put the channel(s) value(s) in the corner instead of following the cursor so that it is easier to read while hovering the curve

* Allow to change channel colors : this would be really nice because for now you can end up with colors that are not really readable (red and black on grey background for example)

* Allow to add widgets instead only curves (as a basis : tachometer for speed, digit for gear would be enough)
* Add math channels with some basic functions (filter, add, difference, derivative)
* Add velocity histogram widget for suspension analysis (can be generated from a math channel for example)

* Highlight the zoom zone on the GPS track map to know which zone we are working on
* Add an overview bar to have a visual reference where we are when zoomed (total width is 100% of the lap, zoom might be between 24% and 49%)

Those are just a few ideas to improve the analysis tool.  ;)
Thanks for this already very nice tool !!

I agree with everything said. To me the crucial thing is to also add a gap graph which shows where time is gained and lost in compared laps. It's essential for any type of comparisons especially driver1 vs driver2 comparison. Check this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6TU-nGCn6E

I'm comparing here my two different laps. The last graph (in the bottom) is what I'm talking about. Fell free to contact me for more details. I'm really looking forward to seeing both WRS and MaxTM working perfectly in the future.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Slawi on December 17, 2015, 09:35:57 AM
To me the crucial thing is to also add a gap graph which shows where time is gained and lost in compared laps. It's essential for any type of comparisons especially driver1 vs driver2 comparison.
That's already possible, it's what I call "Delta graphs" (http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1151.msg13551#msg13551):

• Open one or more data files.
  • Select two laps (you can select up to 4): the 1st selected lap is the reference lap.
  • Let's say you have a graph where you plot the vehicle speed versus the lap distance: you see 2 lines, one for each selected lap.
  • Now right click on the graph, then "Current graph properties", then "Delta plot": you will obtain one single line that is the difference between the 1st selected lap and the 2nd one. If you select 4 laps, you have 3 lines (1-2, 1-3, 1-4).
  • One thing that is useful is this: on a graph, plot "Lap time (system)" versus "Distance". If you do a delta plot of that, you see in which part of the track you're gaining/losing time. There are two example layouts that come with the install that show that (GPB-deltaT-speed-Throttle-FBrake.maxtm.layout and GPB-deltaT-speed.maxtm.layout).
  • Of course you can do a delta plot of any value: speed, time, suspensions, temperatures, throttle, brakes, whatever. Some makes more sense than others.

Slawi

Yeah, indeed, it's here. In other software there's a button which shows only time loss or gain regardless analyzed channels. Also another button for delta could be implemented, too. It's about user-friendliness. Is it possible to manually insert max and min values of a channel? I know using SHIFT + scroll you can adjust what you see on the screen.
Another thing could be to be able to divide the map into 3 different types of parts: straightt (one color), left turns (another color), (right turns (3rd color) nad such a divided section would appear at the top of each graph. It makes faster localize where you are. 

HornetMaX

Yeah, the ergonomic is pretty basic, I may want to add at least a toolbar with a few buttons.

Quote from: Slawi on December 17, 2015, 10:51:14 AM
Is it possible to manually insert max and min values of a channel? I know using SHIFT + scroll you can adjust what you see on the screen.
No, not possible at the moment. But when would that be useful ?

Another thing could be to be able to divide the map into 3 different types of parts: straightt (one color), left turns (another color), (right turns (3rd color) nad such a divided section would appear at the top of each graph. It makes faster localize where you are. 
You can see where you are glancing at the track map. But yeah, I see what you mean ... I'll put that in the todo list.

Slawi

Is it possible to manually insert max and min values of a channel? I know using SHIFT + scroll you can adjust what you see on the screen.

No, not possible at the moment. But when would that be useful?
Often you want to insert manually min and max values to have better transparency of the graph. When the difference between the min and max values are big e.g. RPM (0-18000) you don't really need to see values like 100 or even 3000 in this particular case. Insterting the min value of, I don't know, 6000 (when max is 18000) the graph looks better. Sometimes very small values can make the difference so every inch of screen is valuable. This kind of software must be user-friendly. During real analysis where you fight against time, pressure, adrenaline etc., everything must work tip-top. Also, sometimes you want to insert higher value then the max when, for example something else is displayed at the top of the graph, either side or center, doesn't metter. And this fluent way I moved to my another suggestion, that is, min and max values on the screen of each graph in the corner of the graph + symbol on the graph itself. Very useful when you want to know the difference between the lowest speed in a particular corner  or apex location analyzing two or more laps/drivers. The less time spent on a single action, the better. I hope I explained well what I meant. Let me know.

HornetMaX

I'm not sure I get the min/max part: if it's the min/max of what is actually being shown on screen, well .. you just can see it no ?

Anyway, the tool is no replacement for GEMS or Atlas, it will never be that feature rich.

Slawi

Quote from: HornetMaX on December 17, 2015, 11:30:07 AM
I'm not sure I get the min/max part: if it's the min/max of what is actually being shown on screen, well .. you just can see it no ?

Anyway, the tool is no replacement for GEMS or Atlas, it will never be that feature rich.

Yes, but often you need a number, e.g. driver1 is 3 km slower in turn 1 than driver2 etc.