• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:52:03 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Which view do you use?

Started by h106frp, November 18, 2015, 05:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just curious, what is your default view preference

100% onboard
16 (38.1%)
100% chase
12 (28.6%)
both
14 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: November 23, 2015, 05:20:39 PM

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 25, 2015, 11:55:58 AM
I'm more surprised (if not scared) by the very low number of votes  :-\

I think the low number of votes comes from 2 things:

• There could be quite a large number of non-English speaking forum members and subsequently didn't understand the meaning of the poll?
  • We have a core number of forum members(probably around 15 - 25 members at very best) that are active on a daily/weekly basis, but the majority of members of the forum seem to only login once in a while to probably see if GPB has made any big progressions in development? I think most are probably awaiting a bug-free GPB version 1.0 before they feel they can get deeply, or should I say, "enthusiastically" involved with online racing with GPB?

I therefore put it forward that most of the forum membership probably have not even seen this poll? Hence the relatively low number of votes compared to the total forum membership.

But the current end result of the poll has surprised me considering that a good few server admins in the past have tried to promote 1st person race events with very little enthusiasm from GPB users.... So I have to ask, "Why is this so when most are saying that they ride 100% 1st person view only?" Something doesn't add-up here guys.  :P

"Actions really do speak louder than words"..... So it seems to me, from all the evidence, that most are just saying they ride only in 1st person view when they actually do not?
I think a truer result would've probably stated that majority ride both 1st and 3rd person views.... That result would've made sense when you take into consideration the real evidence as a whole and the lack of participation in any 1st person events when held.  :)

So c'mon guys! Lets see all 1st person riders in the next 1st person only event and support the events you want to see! ;D ;D 8)

Hawk.

h106frp

It would seem even in these modern politically correct and liberal times;

''Real men (and women) only ride first person'' - at least thats all we will admit to in public anyway  ;)

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on November 25, 2015, 12:46:01 PM
It would seem even in these modern politically correct and liberal times;

''Real men (and women) only ride first person'' - at least that's all we will admit to in public anyway  ;)

I think you've "hit the nail on the head" there H. ;D

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

they do haha

I voted both, because even if my preference is 1st Person I also want to race with others and see my skins and stuff and I have compromised my hardline views to get the most out of this sim. (I didn't think anyone used 3rd person when I was a noob (noobier) and I did all the M3 championship in 1st person lol. Now I use that as my excuse for coming at the back each race).

I think if people are saying they use 1st person all the time because they are embarrassed to say otherwise, we have some sorry-ass people here lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 25, 2015, 01:06:32 PM
I think if people are saying they use 1st person all the time because they are embarrassed to say otherwise, we have some sorry-ass people here lol.
I can grant you that, given the number of users we have here, the probability of the above event is equal to 1 :)

Desteban

Cry me a river...

3rd person is for girls, last time I checked I still had my balls so...
I ride onboard and I am pretty sure I know of a few others who do too.

Hawk

I have dabbled in 1st person view riding, even worked on riding with Direct-Steer-with-Torque with Klax's tuition(If you think 1st person is hard then DST is SUPER HARD! Lol. ), but I would like to see more DST servers when GPB is more developed, because when you really start to get the feel for DST there is no better feeling of fulfilment and achievement; just that at the time there was still a few bugs that made it frustrating to ride with DST; not sure if those bugs have been ironed out yet either?

But yeah.... I voted for 3rd person all the time for me because 99% of the time I have ridden with 3rd person view even though I have participated in most 1st person events in the past....
But I really would like to see 1st person and particularly DST become "THE" way to control and participate in online events. I think that would be great!  ;D ;D 8).

But I think above all.... The barriers to the majority riding in 1st person is the lack of a riders spatial awareness and rider controller feedback, be they sound cues or movement cues to know what the bike is doing underneath you, and the sheer amount of time to practice to keep your 1st person skills well honed is a drawback to this type of riding.

Also just as important I feel is the need for a proper quality motorcycle controller-set-up at the right price; something I feel DD is determined to crack and has come up with fantastic results in that area. Keep up the great work DD!  ;D 8)

Hawk.
PS @ Desteban: I'd regard DST as the pinnacle of controlling GPB not 1st person view...... Master DST, and only then will you be a man my son! Hehe!  ;D ;D

Desteban

There you have it people, DST is the new "Hardcore" no need to hide your 3rd person view preferences anymore since it is as far away from DST difficulty as is onboard view.  ;D

Been joking anyway, I started with 3rd person and couldn't ride then I switched to onboard and it worked a lot better. So all preference I think  ;)

Napalm Nick

heehee  ;D

DST is more Hardcore than riding my real bikes.  :o
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Pfff ... I use rider view + DST, on a real bike connected to GPB, wearing leathers and helmet, air coditioning at 35deg (to simulate sepang-like conditions) and I occasionally ask my wife to throw an half-thawed chicken at my head. I wish I had more people playing with these exact conditions, instead of teenagers with joypads  ;D

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 25, 2015, 02:54:08 PM
DST is more Hardcore than riding my real bikes.  :o
Lol !!

Desteban, stop your silly real life racing and come play with the real men on GPB with DST :) :)

BOBR6 84

Lol!!!

And Desteban is right! 3rd person is for girls... I use 3rd person mainly! 1st person view makes me feel sick.. Like a big girl pffft  ::) :(

Napalm Nick

November 25, 2015, 03:46:21 PM #71 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:48:29 PM by Napalm Nick
I like big girls,

but the facts speak for themselves,.....IRL  there are lots of girls racing real bikes.......in GPB there are none.
I know there was one but it was too hard for her (alledgedly). <cough>

You can't argue with statistics they are always right.  ;)

I shall await the response pain......

Edit: If a girl comes and uses DST I will have to rethink this.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 25, 2015, 03:46:21 PM
Edit: If a girl comes and uses DST I will have to rethink this.
Enough if Hawk undergoes a little surgery ?

Napalm Nick

hahaha OMG nobody mention 2 or 4 strokes or the thread is lost.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 25, 2015, 03:54:07 PM
hahaha OMG nobody mention 2 or 4 strokes or the thread is lost.
Thread ? Which thread ?