• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:05:25 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxHUD plugin

Started by HornetMaX, September 26, 2013, 04:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on November 30, 2015, 12:25:16 AM
With the sometimes iffy lap timing do you think it would be possible to add a manual lap timer to MaxHUD ?
What do you mean exactly ?

h106frp

Just a normal stopwatch style thing lie one of the cheap ones you used to be able buy. Maybe spacebar start/stop/split/reset
I'm sure GP500 used to have this facility.

Just simple functions like this online one;
http://www.online-stopwatch.com/split-timer/

It was just that i ran Nordschleife and the timer did not work and its a very long way around to try again. Also noticed quite a few comments for different tracks where timing fails are common. You could also use it for measuring your own point to point times if you are trying to improve on one area of a track.

Thanks

HornetMaX

Hmmm ... I'd prefer by far the GPB timer not to go nuts :)
I write down the suggestion, I'll see.

Napalm Nick

Maximillion,

my head hurts,

any chance of us being able to input a race distance (laps) that decreases each lap, so the fuel remaining (laps remaining estimate) can be displayed next to the actual laps remaining.

Even simple mental arithmetic at 215mph is difficult (for some of us).

I think its quite realistic if that is an issue, we all have lap counters don't we?

Thank you for considering eet.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Nah, I really don't like the idea of allowing the user to enter the number of laps. It's cumbersome and fugly: handling user input in the plugins is a nightmare.

But just to be sure:  the number of laps is shown on the pitboard at each lap, no ? I can't remember if it's the number of laps done or to go ... are you saying that the pitboard shows the number of laps done and you have to mentally compute (rofl) the number of laps to go ? Maybe in that case it would be better to have an option in GPB to show the number of laps to go in the pitboard (instead of the number of laps done).

But I can have a look, in the recent RaceData stuff I think I've seen the race length somewhere ...

Napalm Nick

Fair enough no-one likes a fugly. I was thinking it might be like changing the map scale or something :eg click the figure to go up the lap length.

Whilst I would have responded immediately that the lapboard shows the laps done, you have injected some doubt in now and I am also not sure. LOL.  Some tracks its hard to read too. Its surprising how much distance you travel at speed just mentally computing 21-8=???um...ah....feck corner!

And it is "Be kind to old blokes" week isn't it?  ;D 

Anyway thanks for looking into it  :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 30, 2015, 01:44:55 PM
Fair enough no-one likes a fugly. I was thinking it might be like changing the map scale or something :eg click the figure to go up the lap length.
Which is fugly :)

Whilst I would have responded immediately that the lapboard shows the laps done, you have injected some doubt in now and I am also not sure. LOL.  Some tracks its hard to read too.
Don't we have an option somewhere to show the pitboard at a fixed position on the screen (instead of at its proper position along the wall) ? Can't remember ...

And it is "Be kind to old blokes" week isn't it?  ;D 
Oh come on ... you're not a bloke yet ;D

Napalm Nick

hahaha lool.

Yes there is an option to display 2d pit boards. Not something I have tried yet tbh. Doesn't sound Gucci. But I will. Later today I will be educating myself in all these things (if I can leave my boobs alone long enough).

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 30, 2015, 02:12:53 PM
hahaha lool.

Yes there is an option to display 2d pit boards. Not something I have tried yet tbh. Doesn't sound Gucci. But I will. Later today I will be educating myself in all these things (if I can leave my boobs alone long enough).
Hmm .. this ?  :)  http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2778.msg42235;topicseen#msg42235

Be careful with that though: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=503.msg3859;topicseen#msg3859 (Settings / Misc / Help).

Napalm Nick

November 30, 2015, 02:32:46 PM #264 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:46:28 PM by Napalm Nick
Ah it is 2D flags not 2D pitboards the memory is old and fugly too it seems.
That first link was the pitboard fix that allows it in practice sessions.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 30, 2015, 02:32:46 PM
That first link was the pitboard fix that allows it in practice sessions.
Yeah but it shows the 2d board in a "easy to read" location (easier than the 3d pitboard).

Napalm Nick

OK tested - lapboard shows laps to go and as long as you have Help ON/Min you can actually read the 2D one on most tracks.

So I guess if I move the fuel readout under the normal 2d pitboard position that will help.

Bit of a fugly solution tho haha  ;)

HornetMaX

I was half tempted to add some sort of dash, maybe configurable (i.e. you could select what you want to appear in the dash).
But then, I'm half tempted by plenty of things :)

Napalm Nick

OK so I have moved them around and this is a great help.

Notice in this picture it is a practice session so the laps are actually counting UP on the board, whereas in a RACE they count down.

Which is really awesome - chuck ups for PiBoSo again.

Whilst a tidier solution inside of MaxHUD would be the cake icing, having Max and PiB together is awesome and somewhat understated.

So chuck ups to Max too MaxFuelmanagement! Thanks. :)

Addendum: Yes a MaxDash would be awesome and guess what - we could revisit the old thread of tyre wear display hahaaha. OK maybe not then.  Hmm how do we bribe you?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Napalm Nick on November 30, 2015, 03:52:14 PM
Addendum: Yes a MaxDash would be awesome and guess what - we could revisit the old thread of tyre wear display hahaaha. OK maybe not then.  Hmm how do we bribe you?
Paypal, simple and effective  ;)