• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:43:49 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Where is everyone ? Forum poll / questionaire

Started by h106frp, November 25, 2015, 12:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why do we not see more riders in on line open sessions ?

Connection problems
6 (19.4%)
Core rage issues
5 (16.1%)
Prefer to ride alone honing my technique, one day i will be champ!
1 (3.2%)
Cannot find a suitable server for my personal tastes
2 (6.5%)
Find the sim is too difficult even without others on the track, needs a fun learner bike
1 (3.2%)
I will just be in the way of the hotshot riders !
1 (3.2%)
I am online often, what are you talking about fool !
11 (35.5%)
Not too bothered with online but I am an active contributor to the community
2 (6.5%)
No longer play, but still a forum member because its a better community than FriendFace
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: December 05, 2015, 12:15:47 PM

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on December 01, 2015, 12:04:19 PM
Its no good looking at the blue bar on the poll results - depends what PC and size you have your window as to which question they line up with LOL.

Seems you have to count the questions and then count down the % line to find out which is what. Very statistical indeed! ::) ;)

Note to self - Keep questions one line in length hehe

They line-up fine on my screen(1080p - Widescreen).  ;D

Hawk.

JJS209

i am not "really" online these days because there is no actual bike out there to ride with.
no wss/ssp bikes, no stock's just two strokes and playmobilebikes.

bring beta7c please. so that the modders can start adjusting the bikemods and we all can play gpb but at this point it all has just stopped.

h106frp

December 01, 2015, 12:14:35 PM #32 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:16:38 PM by h106frp
Quote from: Napalm Nick on December 01, 2015, 12:04:19 PM
Its no good looking at the blue bar on the poll results - depends what PC and size you have your window as to which question they line up with LOL.

Seems you have to count the questions and then count down the % line to find out which is what. Very statistical indeed! ::) ;)

Note to self - Keep questions one line in length hehe

Works OK on mine with firefox - you must have a strange setup - got enhanced fonts/accessibility options switched on ?  :D   ;)

Surprised by how many are having problems with just getting connected. I think its a very pretty results graph  :)

Napalm Nick

December 01, 2015, 01:00:04 PM #33 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:10:04 PM by Napalm Nick

Actually I'm using Internet Explorer like the last of the die-hards. Its surprising I can even see things on the internet eh lol.

Attached you see my view. But wait - what if I see things on the internet the correct way and you lot don't?  ???

Edited: sounded rude lol
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

Weird - Time to upgrade to the newer IE (or a decent browser)  ;)

Napalm Nick

Yeh I have FFox and Chrome and it looks fine in them. But Bill Gates is my Father and he gets 'tetchy' and I don't want any more lightsabre treatment.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Not sure even BG uses IE ....

To be honest, recent IE is not as bad as it was ... that's why they decided to screw it up again with Edge :)

doubledragoncc

Quote from: h106frp on December 01, 2015, 11:15:43 AM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on November 30, 2015, 11:33:47 PM
No point trying to race with a bike that is unrealistic in handling as the front end is totally wrong, clutch is nowhere near realistic and wont function like a real clutch, continual core crashes, but otherwise the mods look pretty and the modders have done fantastic work with the bikes and tracks.

Sorry but those are the hard facts. I have ridden for 37 years, worked for Honda and Suzuki to name a few and I use real motorcycle controls that operate 100% as real bike controls do. I cant dump the clutch like on a real bike and get anywhere near the real reaction from the bike, how can you say something is and feels real if your using a gamepad? Ive ridden a bike with a bent frame where the front wheel was 2 inches out of line with the rear wheel and never got a tank slapper accelerating. I used to transport heavy plates for BOE and even with over 300lb. over my rear wheel my front end did not act anywhere as bad as in beta7!!!

I dont enjoy GPBikes anymore, it has gotten better in many ways and the modders make it worth the time to try and ride, BUT the bikes physics destroy the enjoyment. Now the lean angle makes it impossible to really ride as we used to be able and the front end issue has not been addressed in over a year!!! Seriously, is it more important to look for what music video to post than fix the front end? I dont have hours upon hours to spend in GPB just to try and get a half decent but still unrealistic handling bike!!! Sorry but guess I will have to wait another year or so for the front end to work right. See you online then.

To the modders, thank you so much for the brilliant bikes and tracks and plugins naturally.

DD

Hello DD,
Nice to see you around the forum, given that you are disappointed with GPB but still developing your controllers - What is your currently recommended bike sim? Might be something i can add to my Christmas list for Santa  :)

Maybe i should have added a category for "Waiting on developments"  ;)

Hi h106, well it is hard to say. Since I fixed the terrible controller input in Milestone games CDX and I and all my customers around the world are enjoying far more games. AI is a big issue in the RIDE but with my new input settings and gearing it is a lot of fun, still no SIM but it allows riding with no core.exe crashes, online and alone, its become fun lol. Your general MotoGP 13, 14 and 15 are far better now too but still not Sims. CDX and I are playing around with Tourist Trophy (PS2 game on PC) and I am starting to get the control input sorted but will take time. But Nurbergring with an old XJR1300 race bike or the old GS1000 Yoshi are fun lol.

So what gives me most fun right now...........you will all think I am nuts, but with my controller and an open world environment, with a few race tracks, multiplayer and NO crashes the biggest blast is The Crew Wild Run!!! Once you tune the input right you have ALL bike controls including clutch and the bikes are fast. I know it is nowhere near a SIM but for riding fun that has great graphics, is fast without having to have high FPS, no core.exe, can race with friends online, has all weather and time changes, great riding environment, and it is just plain FUN.

For a pure racing game it is RIDE, which at first I hated with a passion, but I fixed the shitty steering and input deadzones and now its real fun. NO core.exe, good bikes and graphics, but FPS are an issue but livable with. Then I would say MotoGP13 or 15, not played 14 in months and need to test this week again. With no deadzone they are good to ride in AI is not too bad like in RIDE.

In reality GPBikes is still the only SIM there is for road bikes, but Piboso needs to wake up and realize that people are not going to want to buy a broken bike...........POINT It need fixing NOW, sod the snick snack and make it ridable before all else. Even online should come AFTER the bikes hadling as without proper control of the bike you have NOTHING!!!! NO sim just a program wasting space on a hard drive as it cant be used.

This is a tragedy!!!!........................ I pray he stops wasting time posting stupid music videos and works on the bikes and core problems first. Sorry Piboso but the excuse that it is a beta ran out over a year ago. At least in Alpha7 you could ride and had great physics, it felt more real than anything in the last releases, why fix something that was not broken just needed tweaking!!! I pray you sort it out as it is still the one and only SIM there is.

Oh and as a last note, at least in GTAV I can take my frustration out a shoot some cage driving fuckers!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

Is MGP15 better than SBK generations? I was hoping for a good 'game' with SBK gen but it was actually very dull.

Is RIDE worth £20 on EB?

Looking on EB I saw this which i was trying to remember the other day as possibly the worst (that actually ran) bike sim -Superbike riding challenge

Criminal waste of money - questionable developer (non existent product support or patches for poor software)

Occasionally i have to remind myself that GPB has been decent value and fun so far  :)

doubledragoncc

I would say RIDE is worth the money but only as I am using my controls and use 360ce to add an antideadzone for steering which really changes the game. I cant say about it for using a controller but in general YES it is worth it if you want a fair amount of bikes,, a bit of tuning and visuals and your system can run half decent FPS with it. I have not tried 360ce with a game pad but it might help too. The biggest problem I find in RIDE is the stupid gay AI who shove it up my ass all the time!!!

SBK is okay but not as good as MotoGP in many ways. I have only really used SBKX which is okay.

Have you tried Tourist Trophy on PC yet? It is OLD but fun once you setup the controls right.

grT is the one to talk to about many games as she really is into it and rides in many a LOT.

I will look at some more and see what I can do with them.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on December 01, 2015, 01:00:04 PM

Actually I'm using Internet Explorer like the last of the die-hards. Its surprising I can even see things on the internet eh lol.

Attached you see my view. But wait - what if I see things on the internet the correct way and you lot don't?  ???

Edited: sounded rude lol

I'm like you: A die hard IE user. Only use Firefox and Chrome whenever I need to.....

But I have the latest IE installed with all updates from Microsoft and mine is working fine. Have you by any chance increased your IE browser text size or zoom % or style? My zoom is on 100%, my text size is medium, and my style is default.

Hawk.

ludo05

I stopped playing when the beta 6 released, couldnt play well, got bored...
I'm more or less back now, trying to find few guys to play with, but there is a lack of content now we're in beta 7, i miss the ssp machine, moto2 bikeset is cool, but the sound is really unrealistic and annoys me  :-[

Napalm Nick

Thought you had cracked it there Hawk I did! Because I use 125% zoom but when I go back to 100 it is even worse as shown.   :P

Text size is medium and style is default.

never mind I can live with it. Besides important stuff is OK ( :P)

fabio93bg

GPB has always the same problems, people are tired of this

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on December 01, 2015, 03:55:12 PM
Thought you had cracked it there Hawk I did! Because I use 125% zoom but when I go back to 100 it is even worse as shown.   :P

Text size is medium and style is default.

never mind I can live with it. Besides important stuff is OK ( :P)

Hmmm.... Very strange. Are you using a high-res screen setting? I'm using 1080p. Give that a try if your using a higher resolution, if only to test to see if it comes good at 1080p for you.

It could just be a limitation of IE for very high and wide screen res monitors? That's all I can think of for now.  ;)

Hawk.