• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:19:39 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Core crash on empty servers

Started by ghostchild, January 02, 2014, 03:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iVolution

Quote from: ghostchild on January 19, 2014, 08:48:38 PM
I still have this problem.... there's nothing to do about it?  ::)
What I would do in your situation...

1. update graphics driver
2. remove the GPbikes and the seperate Piboso folder
3. reinstall GPbikes
4. run as admin (fixed something for someone so try it  :P)
5. start a offline training session and see what happens
6. if it keeps getting cores i guess it might be something with your graphics card. Had that with one of my cards once, could only reach the first corner before it cored.
7. if that works fine try online on "Victoria dry groove", if that then fails it probably is something network related
8. If you are still having problems.... buy a new computer and go live somewhere else  ;D

ghostchild

Thanks iVolution  :)
From point 1 to 6: OK  ;)
The problem is online, in servers with 0 players.... So, I guess I can't do anything else  :-\

Alby46

it happened to me 1 time but then all went fine
Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

iVolution

Quote from: ghostchild on January 19, 2014, 09:19:16 PM
The problem is online, in servers with 0 players.... So, I guess I can't do anything else  :-\
When you say "servers", you mean other tracks than victoria? Because the only server running the "unmodded" Beta4 is the "Victoria dry groove".

Hawk

Hi Ghostchild.

Lets go back to basics... Please list here your PC/Laptop system specs and type of connection to the internet.

You say your on a LAN connection? That wouldn't be a connection to the net through another computer on the LAN, would it?

But if you tell us your system spec and your current internet connection setup, then we might be able to see were your going wrong, or what is likely to be the problem. ;) :)

janaucarre

i noted last week end that a crash corexe happens quasi everytime after a big crash and stop with the bike(to a wall).

ghostchild

Quote from: iVolution on January 19, 2014, 10:38:29 PM
Quote from: ghostchild on January 19, 2014, 09:19:16 PM
When you say "servers", you mean other tracks than victoria? Because the only server running the "unmodded" Beta4 is the "Victoria dry groove".

Yes, I mean all servers.... Now I'm using mods, but it's the same when I tried with "unmodded" Beta4 on "Victoria dry groove": if there are other players, I can play quite good (just some cores occasionally)
With 0 players, 100% core.exe as soon as I get out of the box or shortly after :-[

ghostchild

January 20, 2014, 02:30:13 PM #22 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:17:38 PM by ghostchild
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 20, 2014, 01:31:03 AM
Hi Ghostchild.
Lets go back to basics... Please list here your PC/Laptop system specs and type of connection to the internet.
You say your on a LAN connection? That wouldn't be a connection to the net through another computer on the LAN, would it?
But if you tell us your system spec and your current internet connection setup, then we might be able to see were your going wrong, or what is likely to be the problem. ;) :)

Hi  :)
My specs: Acer Aspire 5740G, Intel Core i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27 Ghz, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD5740 (drivers up to date), 640Gb Hard disk. Windows 7 Home 64.
ADSL Internet connection (download speed 7Mbs, upload speed 0.40Mbs, ping 30/40ms).

Thank you  :D

Hawk

January 20, 2014, 04:49:30 PM #23 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:52:43 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: ghostchild on January 20, 2014, 02:30:13 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 20, 2014, 01:31:03 AM
Hi Ghostchild.

Hi  :)
My specs: Acer Aspire 5740G, Intel Core i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27 Ghz, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD5740 (drivers up to date), 640Gb Hard disk. Windows 7 Home 64.
ADSL Internet connection (download speed 7Mbs, upload speed 0.40Mbs, ping 30/40ms).

Thank you  :D

Hi Ghostchild.

Okay. Your system specs and connection should be okay for the job.

So.... What I would do is go for a complete uninstall, and then a basic default re-install(I know it's a pain, but bear with me and try this):

• Totally uninstall GP Bikes, including deleting the "Piboso" folder in the "My Documents" folder(your settings files, everything; don't be lazy - no copy pasting back!).
  • Once you have uninstalled, check in your install drive that the folder "Gp Bikes" is deleted from your drive too.
  • Install CCleaner: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
  • Using CCleaner, clean your sytem of any crap.
  • Using CCleaner Tools, clean your registry. Note: Clean reg again and again after initial clean until nothing shows up that needs fixing.
  • Restart you system.
  • Install the default GP Bikes(Don't add any Mod paints or bikes!)
  • Then give it a try. ;)
  • If everything works okay, only then try installing any mod paints or mod bikes.
  • Finally and most important. Let us know here how you get on. :P  ;D

This procedure has helped others with problems. I hope this helps you too. ;)

ghostchild

I hope so, thank you  :D
I'm trying, it's my last attempt  ::)

iVolution

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 20, 2014, 04:49:30 PM
don't be lazy - no copy pasting back!
Yes I forgot to mention that one, had that as well after a crash corrupted the game. Apparently I was copying back the files that caused the problems.

Quote from: ghostchild on January 20, 2014, 06:05:06 PM
I hope so, thank you  :D
I'm trying, it's my last attempt  ::)
Let's hope it does the trick. Most people get it working in the end.

ghostchild

January 20, 2014, 09:38:08 PM #26 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:27:21 PM by ghostchild
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 20, 2014, 04:49:30 PM
Hi Ghostchild.

Okay. Your system specs and connection should be okay for the job.

So.... What I would do is go for a complete uninstall, and then a basic default re-install(I know it's a pain, but bear with me and try this):

• Totally uninstall GP Bikes, including deleting the "Piboso" folder in the "My Documents" folder(your settings files, everything; don't be lazy - no copy pasting back!).
  • Once you have uninstalled, check in your install drive that the folder "Gp Bikes" is deleted from your drive too.
  • Install CCleaner: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
  • Using CCleaner, clean your sytem of any crap.
  • Using CCleaner Tools, clean your registry. Note: Clean reg again and again after initial clean until nothing shows up that needs fixing.
  • Restart you system.
  • Install the default GP Bikes(Don't add any Mod paints or bikes!)
  • Then give it a try. ;)
  • If everything works okay, only then try installing any mod paints or mod bikes.
  • Finally and most important. Let us know here how you get on. :P  ;D

This procedure has helped others with problems. I hope this helps you too. ;)

Ok, it took me 2 hours to do all the steps...(due to some problems with the video card driver, but now it's ok)
Brand new installation, no mod... Go on Track 19 - Training dry groove, 0 players, ping 60.... I went out of pit and.....the game freeze with a core.exe!!!  >:( >:( >:( :'(

I quit, will play only when there is already someone in the server... but there is something wrong  :-\

HornetMaX

Quote from: ghostchild on January 20, 2014, 09:38:08 PM
Ok, it took me 2 hours to do all the steps...
2 hours ? Then your PC has some serious issue man !

For me all the above should not take more than 10min (and I'm being generous).

MaX.

ghostchild

January 20, 2014, 10:25:00 PM #28 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:28:45 PM by ghostchild
It took me 1h 45 for problems with the video card drivers, but now I got the latest ones and the PC is OK, all works very good except GP Bikes in that specific situation (online+no one in the server)..

QuoteBrand new installation, no mod... Go on Track 19 - Training dry groove, 0 players, ping 60.... I went out of pit and.....the game freeze with a core.exe!!!  >:( >:( >:( :'(
It's not normal, imo...

Hawk

January 20, 2014, 10:27:39 PM #29 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:29:57 PM by Hawk_UK
Ok, it took me 2 hours to do all the steps...(I also updated the video card driver at the last version)
Brand new installation, no mod... Go on Track 19 - Training dry groove, 0 players, ping 60.... I went out of pit and.....the game freeze with a core.exe!!!  >:( >:( >:( :'(

I quit, will play only when there is already someone in the server... but there is something wrong  :-\

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 20, 2014, 09:56:21 PM
Ok, it took me 2 hours to do all the steps...
2 hours ? Then your PC has some serious issue man !

For me all the above should not take more than 10min (and I'm being generous).

MaX.

Hi Ghostchild.

Sorry it didn't work for you.....

Yes. I agree with Max. There must be some issue with your system. If you've followed those steps and it still doesn't work then I don't believe GP Bikes is at fault here.

Do you have a family member or friends PC you can try Gp Bikes on?

PS: Your absolutely sure you didn't copy/paste anything?

@Max/iVolution: Would it make any difference if Ghostchild was installing it through a windows user account and not through the administrators account? Just a thought.
Seems strange though that he can connect to the online server when others are racing, but gets a core.exe when on his own. I really cannot think of anything else that could be the problem.