• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:30:00 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

Nicked-IT racing Team received their new bike and kit today for the 125 Championship round tomorrow.

The new enhanced Knee sliders were great, the ear-plugs not so good for the wind noise.

And those damn 2 stroke pistons.....

https://www.youtube.com/v/3SbIb5rJShg

Yep welcome to a day inside my imagination.  ::)

Slider for engine volume please @PiBoSo! :)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Very nice work Nick!  ;) 8)

I also champion the implementation of an engine noise sound slider in GPB, and one for ambient engine noise sound slider too(for other riders bike engine noise). It just makes so much sense to have one in my opinion so each rider can tune the volume of the engine sound to their preference.
But as I think you have clearly demonstrated here, that too much engine volume drowns out the sfx of the other sounds - Bike-Modders please take note: Less engine sound volume is better overall at this stage of development until the sound system is fully developed.   ;)

Great video Nick! Nice one mate!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

January 04, 2016, 08:00:16 PM #707 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:21:56 PM by Napalm Nick
Thanks Hawk I appreciate your comments very much.

As I said in the other thread this bike had a whopping 66% reduction in 'on power' engine volume - which I did to exaggerate the effects really -  but its not far off what would be ideal. In fact the 'off power' sounds had a reduction of a super whopping 75% reduction in volume!! (I figured most of the knee sliding would happen at off power/low power moments).

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

BOBR6 84

Napalm Nick

January 04, 2016, 08:21:21 PM #709 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:41:45 PM by Napalm Nick
Unpack the effects pkz and fiddle about with the particles files  ;D
Back up everything first!

matty0l215

Excellent work mate :D

How did you lower the engine volume ??
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Napalm Nick

January 04, 2016, 09:58:43 PM #711 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:23:19 PM by Napalm Nick
Max taught me how with his MaxSCL tool first but now I see what it does to the files I can do it manually in notepad. I will PM you the files if you like to try - Edit : SENT.

Yohji

Napalm Nick

Looks fun!  :)

Also really shows that strange floating front wheel bug when changing direction.

Blackheart

IMO Southern is the best track for little bike or scooter too fun and beautiful graphically!  ;D

Gzehoo

Another funny moment on server - this time with Ducati GP15 on Aragon

https://www.youtube.com/v/FyZctJ8zM70

LeaderAsd

BOBR6 84

Vini

Did I miss something?

Where did that track come from?

Hawk

January 18, 2016, 12:09:46 AM #719 Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 08:31:02 AM by Hawk
Quote from: vin97 on January 17, 2016, 11:54:36 PM
Did I miss something?

Where did that track come from?

Lol.... Keep your eye on the "Track Downloads" thread.  ;D

Hawk.
PS: Also a good idea to use the "Show unread Posts Since Last Visit" link at the top left of the page.  ;)