• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:21 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

some questions before i buy

Started by ajcjr, January 10, 2016, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajcjr

January 10, 2016, 05:17:58 PM Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:19:48 PM by ajcjr
Thank you in advance for answering any questions

I have kart pro and hope this racing sim is just as good but before i buy i would like to ask some questions:

1. my main question is can you use a steering wheel and pedals, i do a lot of car racing with my pc, i have some great pedals and wheels and didnt know if its possible to use them while using this sim. If i can use it, does anyone have a recommended setting to try? If you can use pedals im assuming i need an xbox or something similar and if so what do you recommend.

2. can you play off line and practice on your own?

3. do you need to be always working on your setups, unfortunately i dont have time to be constantly tweaking them and didnt know if it would not be enjoyable with out correct setups.

4. can you do a point of view as you were riding the bike or is it only from behind the bike?

Thanks again

Anthony

matty0l215

Firstly Hello and welcome :)

1. my main question is can you use a steering wheel and pedals, i do a lot of car racing with my pc, i have some great pedals and wheels and didnt know if its possible to use them while using this sim. If i can use it, does anyone have a recommended setting to try? If you can use pedals im assuming i need an xbox or something similar and if so what do you recommend.
Yes you can use a steering wheel. I'm not sure how successful though, as i believe that the game was developed with a Controller in mind.

2. can you play off line and practice on your own?
Yes, like KRP there is an offline mode

3. do you need to be always working on your setups, unfortunately i dont have time to be constantly tweaking them and didnt know if it would not be enjoyable with out correct setups.
You don't need to work on your setups, but it helps to make some bikes much easier and nicer to ride. Setup sharing online is a thing so i'm sure members will be happy to share their setups with you.

4. can you do a point of view as you were riding the bike or is it only from behind the bike?
There are 3 views; 3rd person (Behind the bike), Rider view (for the Helmet of the rider) and a "tank" view (also on the bike but static)

There is a demo version for the game if you want to try before you buy. Just download the installer (its the same as the Full version, but without a key it will just go to the demo) HERE

Hope this helps and Any other questions, just ask  :D

Matty
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

Controller-wise, you can even use/mix multiple controllers at once, e.g. your pedals + a joypad.

ajcjr

Thanks for the replies, so if you were to use a controller what do you suggest. Im guessing because of the front and rear break the wheel and pedals would be hard?

Hawk

I use my steering wheel pedals together with either my Xbox 360 gamepad or my joystick; not used my steering wheel to control the bike but I do believe some have done so with success, but it's purely preference on what your used to using I guess. But for sure you can mix-up different controller systems successfully to control GPB.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Wheel = no go. Pedals, if you like.

99% of the players just use a joypad.

It is really not sure at all that any other type of controller will give you an advantage (actually, it's more like the opposite), but of course dedicated controllers (handlebars) will provide more immersion.

BOBR6 84

I started with an xbox360 pad which was fine but then a few people suggested the Thrustmaster GPX controller.. Works very well with GPBikes! If you decide to use a controller, consider the GPX!

You could try a handlebar setup too! Guy on this forum builds/sells them.. ''DoubleDragonCC'' plenty of threads around to take a look..  ;)

Vini

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 10, 2016, 09:13:38 PMbut of course dedicated controllers (handlebars) will provide more immersion.
Only if you are using the actual steering axis of the bike instead of lean angle control via Virtual Rider.
Otherwise you have a handlebar, which is nice, but the way it reacts and is controlled is completely wrong when you compare it to the handlebar of a real motorcycle.

...I really wish there was a controller like that :D