• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:02:47 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

LeaderAsd

Hey guys i have uploaded a new video!
This time i improved a lot the lap time but with an extrasoft in a rear tyre :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9jaSU-Ik5g

Napalm Nick

Awesome Leader!

I have no idea how you can be so smooth. This is what I must work on.

Hopefully B8 and the low lean wobble and downhill understeer/uphill oversteer fix will make it easier for us lesser mortals  ;D
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: LeaderAsd on January 20, 2016, 09:50:51 AM
Hey guys i have uploaded a new video!
This time i improved a lot the lap time but with an extrasoft in a rear tyre :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9jaSU-Ik5g

Very nice riding there Leader! You looked to be hitting the apexes really well and like Nick said, "Very Smooth!"  ;D 8)

I still couldn't find a way to put a good level of oversteer into the front end to counter that understeer problem I was having yesterday evening at Imola on the M1.... I'll have to try some other ideas this evening..... A bit of a bugger with the limited tyres though when your trying to get a good setup going - Maybe Nick would consider putting an unlimited tyre-set session at Imola on another server for us to have enough tyre sets to work out a descent setup before going over to the hotlap server?  What do you think Nick? ;D

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Uh, what's the point of limited tyres on a non-racing server ?!

Napalm Nick

Yeh I can remove the Limited Tyres no problem. But there are 7 (seven!) sets of softs now - do you know how much those cost!

Lol  :)

Oh Max,

Quote from: HornetMaX on January 20, 2016, 12:10:42 PM

It was something different maybe to get people to try more bikes / only have so many laps to do their best etc etc.  No real point as such....
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

January 20, 2016, 12:20:16 PM #726 Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:26:49 PM by Hawk
Quote from: HornetMaX on January 20, 2016, 12:10:42 PM

I guess the idea for hot-lapping comps is to weed out the riders that would just stay on track doing 10's or even hundreds of laps and by doing so can easily get into that rhythm or groove(and obviously by doing so can put in some really great times if only a one-off fantastic lap), as they call it? So I presume it's to steer the hot-lap comp into more of a qualifying type of competition were you have a limited time(via tyre-sets) to make your best lap-time?  ;)

I personally don't believe in limiting tyre sets, but if the above is the idea then I can see it's use in that case.  :)

Hawk

Napalm Nick

Indeed it is a Club driven initiative Event - far from the normal hum-drum same old hotlapping stuff which can be done on other servers I'm sure.

Just trying to keep the interest fresh and stimulate the mind!

Practice on your harder tyres and when you are ready - go for some fliers on the soft/extra soft. When they are gone they are gone. Did you peak to early or get it right!!!?

Maybe I need to get out more. ::)

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on January 20, 2016, 12:29:11 PM
Indeed it is a Club driven initiative Event - far from the normal hum-drum same old hotlapping stuff which can be done on other servers I'm sure.

Just trying to keep the interest fresh and stimulate the mind!

Practice on your harder tyres and when you are ready - go for some fliers on the soft/extra soft. When they are gone they are gone. Did you peak to early or get it right!!!?

Maybe I need to get out more. ::)

That's exactly what I thought, but the bikes handle differently on hards compared to softs, especially under braking and accelerating on turn exits, and more importantly when turning into corners, and with the way most bike modders seem to setup the physics on their bikes it's hard for a rider that prefers a good amount of oversteer to get the right level they want; so for someone who likes a lot of positive front end steering it's hard to get anything like without the use of the soft tyres.  :)

But the bike setup options should allow for setting a bike up as close to a riders preference as possible, whether that's a rider that likes understeer or oversteer both should be attainable by using and varying the bike setup options.
In my experience most mod bikes if not 99.99% of them cannot do this, and I know it is a mod-bike physics issue because the bike mod team I'm working with have shown that plenty of oversteer is very possible with the correct physics settings on the steering and of course by other settings in the bike physics files that are way beyond me to understand at this time. Lol.  ;D
But yes, if they know what they are doing it is very possible for bike-physics modders to achieve both understeer and oversteer in the bike physics files and obviously allowing the rider via the bike setup options, to achieve the handling they prefer.

Roll on beta 8!  ;D

Hawk.

LeaderAsd

Thanks guys!

I have the same idea of nick, i always use soft/asymmetric/hard tyres for the setup because I always want to do the max with these type of tyres and when i'm really at the limit i switch to an extrasoft!(at the moment i didn't try a front extrasoft, but only rear)

This help me a lot also during the championships, because I want to be as fast as possible with an harder compound and then if someone beat my time i try to switch in a softer one!
For example i never used the superpole tyres during the sbk championship.

Anyway hawk, if you find a good setting i really appreciate and if you want we can upload it on the forum ;)

Blackheart

50+ laps with Aprilia (default setup 7 tcs 3 eb 0 aw) and my best is 1:42  :-[

I need to do at least 1000+ laps to go below 1:40  ;D

Vini

Very nice video there Leader.
Extremely smooth riding.

I guess I'll have to start using TC aswell even it is takes away quite a bit of the fun for me.

Especially the M1 is sliding out of every corner for me when I ride it at the limit. I have to change the hard tyres after 10 laps.
Combined with the bumps, it produces a lot of wobbles which is an even bigger problem.

Blackheart

Ok maybe my problem was the Aprilia  :'(

3 laps on a Ducati... (and is not a clear lap! lol )

Napalm Nick

I am the same only the Duke is gentle to me  :-*

Vini

yeah, i'd also say it's the easiest and most stable bike to ride.

should be the other way around.