• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 05:24:50 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MotoGP Physics Mod

Started by Urban Chaos 2.0, February 05, 2016, 06:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

February 06, 2016, 03:57:22 PM #30 Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:04:18 PM by Napalm Nick
Report 1:

1. I always remembered MotoGP 13 having reasonable graphics. This makes me realise the crispness of PiBoSo's visual engine and the fact that MotoGP graphics actually looks old and blurry.
2. It refuses to remember my controller is the Joystick (Xbox360) not the fekin keyboard. need to google that next.....

EDIT1:
Ah yes you have to start the game with the gamepad from 1st screen or you cannot change it.

Now it is all coming back - Milestone games = loads of bugs that never get fixed. I remember MotoGP13 had a save bug that wiped out your championship.

Oh well...open mind.... keep progressing.....

EDIT2:

Oh and when you quit it wont run again (already running bug). Pfffff I hear Steam do refunds now right?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Urban Chaos 2.0

February 06, 2016, 04:25:12 PM #31 Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 04:27:42 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 06, 2016, 03:57:22 PM
Report 1:

1. I always remembered MotoGP 13 having reasonable graphics. This makes me realise the crispness of PiBoSo's visual engine and the fact that MotoGP graphics actually looks old and blurry.
2. It refuses to remember my controller is the Joystick (Xbox360) not the fekin keyboard. need to google that next.....

EDIT1:
Ah yes you have to start the game with the gamepad from 1st screen or you cannot change it.

Now it is all coming back - Milestone games = loads of bugs that never get fixed. I remember MotoGP13 had a save bug that wiped out your championship.

Oh well...open mind.... keep progressing.....

EDIT2:

Oh and when you quit it wont run again (already running bug). Pfffff I hear Steam do refunds now right?

My mod is for MotoGP 14 Not 13. I hope you're not playing MotoGP13!

Napalm Nick

Duh yeh I am running 14 that I bought just now lol. It was a comparison to 13. In fact I would say 14 graphics are WORSE than 13 and I see that other people on Steam agree. Hurts my eyes! lol.

Anyway I have some laps down in MotoGP14 vanilla now. Need to do a lot more before inserting the MOD.

Don't really want to do a game review but I can't help saying that for an arcade game (which this series is) they are the best ones around and provides what I call "throwaway fun" .  It is GOOD. It is a GOOD Arcade game.

I have Pro settings on and I can fall off from over revving and even sometimes on the grass at full crank. I can spin up the tyres and wheelie and stuff. So it is a GOOD arcade game rather than a really shite one. So that's good, not something to be mocked. Comparing it to a simulator because it is another motorbike game is an unfair comparison. I mean you cant compare an orange and a banana because they are both fruit right? Its a good Arcade game that provides fun and to me has little longevity.

However I'm here to enjoy your MOD and hope it makes this good arcade game even better! Which I hope it does. More laps required first.... ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

doubledragoncc

I am interested in the outcome. I dont have a copy of 14 at the mo but can get one REAL cheap lol. Where do you get the tool to do the edit btw?

DD

Might just download it again if its better with the MOD. I thought grT had one for 15 too???
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Urban Chaos 2.0

February 06, 2016, 05:13:10 PM #34 Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 05:23:30 PM by Urban Chaos 2.0
Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 06, 2016, 04:37:31 PM
Duh yeh I am running 14 that I bought just now lol. It was a comparison to 13. In fact I would say 14 graphics are WORSE than 13 and I see that other people on Steam agree. Hurts my eyes! lol.

Anyway I have some laps down in MotoGP14 vanilla now. Need to do a lot more before inserting the MOD.

Don't really want to do a game review but I can't help saying that for an arcade game (which this series is) they are the best ones around and provides what I call "throwaway fun" .  It is GOOD. It is a GOOD Arcade game.

I have Pro settings on and I can fall off from over revving and even sometimes on the grass at full crank. I can spin up the tyres and wheelie and stuff. So it is a GOOD arcade game rather than a really shite one. So that's good, not something to be mocked. Comparing it to a simulator because it is another motorbike game is an unfair comparison. I mean you cant compare an orange and a banana because they are both fruit right? Its a good Arcade game that provides fun and to me has little longevity.

However I'm here to enjoy your MOD and hope it makes this good arcade game even better! Which I hope it does. More laps required first.... ;)

Going from MotoGP 14 to the physics mod isn't like going from MotoGP 14 to a physics mod. It's like going from MotoGP 14 to MotoGP17. Really, the difference is that big.

Also: to solve the "controller settings" issue, always enter the game with your keyboard, and then select "controller" in the controls menu. Then press exit with the keyboard. Thereafter, you can continue with the controller and your controller settings will be remembered. If you start the game with your controller, it might forget the control scheme you've customized. Oh, and make sure you use the Data.MIX file in the "Moderate" folder when applying the physics mod.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 06, 2016, 04:53:59 PM
I am interested in the outcome. I dont have a copy of 14 at the mo but can get one REAL cheap lol. Where do you get the tool to do the edit btw?

DD

Might just download it again if its better with the MOD. I thought grT had one for 15 too???

MotoGP15 has terrible, terrible physics. In fact, it was a downgrade from MotoGp14 (with the exception of the Moto3 class). The physics mod which was made for MotoGP 15 is ok (I suppose), but it still does not turn it into a good game. The foundation upon which a decent model can be built is simply missing from MotoGP15.

Misfile Remixer can be found here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mixfile-remixer.485/

doubledragoncc

TY UC, it says in tutorial MotogP13 so I take it it is for both?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 06, 2016, 05:29:39 PM
TY UC, it says in tutorial MotogP13 so I take it it is for both?

DD

Yes.

doubledragoncc

Napalm Nick

Update - have attained consistent 1.32 at Philip Island on the Pramac

Have just finishing Mixing and installing the MEDIUM version MOD.

Now I have to eat Chinese.

MOD testing later, I am very excited.  ;D

Come here Mei.

doubledragoncc

Oh poo............why did you say Chinese now I gotta orda some!!!

Look forward to the result. Out of interest, can you not simply upload  the edited MIX files and we can then download them and swap them out so I can be lazy?

DD

PS try Brno on the M1 pretty please and BON APPETITE

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 06, 2016, 06:25:22 PM
Oh poo............why did you say Chinese now I gotta orda some!!!

Look forward to the result. Out of interest, can you not simply upload  the edited MIX files and we can then download them and swap them out so I can be lazy?

DD

PS try Brno on the M1 pretty please and BON APPETITE

The Data.MIX file is only a matter of copy and paste. The other two files are the ones which require Mixfile Remixer. It takes about a minute or two to use Mixfile remixer for the two other files. Instructions are very simple:

• Copy and paste the Data.MIX file
  • Then open Mixfile Remixer and use Mixfile Remixer to navigate to motoGP/DlC01/Content.MIX and extract it.
    • Then, in Windows, enter the extracted Content.MIX file and overwrite two files with the two files given in the location specified
    • Then create a new mixfile with Mixfile Remixer (make sure format is SBK-X/V8), and overwrite the default Content.Mix file in the MotoGP folder.

That's it. All done[/list]

Urban Chaos 2.0

Quote from: Napalm Nick on February 06, 2016, 06:02:50 PM
Update - have attained consistent 1.32 at Philip Island on the Pramac

Have just finishing Mixing and installing the MEDIUM version MOD.

Now I have to eat Chinese.

MOD testing later, I am very excited.  ;D

Come here Mei.

It's "Moderate". I doubt I've appropriately named it though, since it's the best and recommended file to use. The "Very Difficult" file is not more than an unsuspecting headache for anyone with ambitions of winning any races.

Napalm Nick

BRNO M1 roger will give that a go after the Victoria...... um Philip Island test.

yes MODERATE is what I meant - for me the PiSS EASY settings might be better.

The mix file is 3 Gb was gonna link it but too big for my Dbox ATM sorry. Its kinda simple anyway takes a cupla minutes.

doubledragoncc

No wuckers bro will do it myself if your report is good lol.

DD