• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Core crash on empty servers

Started by ghostchild, January 02, 2014, 03:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostchild

Quote from: iVolution on January 21, 2014, 12:04:48 PM
and you have no problems with other games?
No, but I don't play often with PC games (for example, TM Nations online with no problems)

Quote from: janaucarre on January 21, 2014, 12:19:39 PM
An idea comes to me right now.
Have you define ip adress for your pc?
If no it takes another each time on another pc or phone or notebook connect to your routeur/modem.
I fix it by me, one adress for my pc, another for the first of my parent, another for the seconds of my parents, and so and so.

I've got a static ip address  ???

ghostchild

Here I am again! :)
I installed GPB on my girlfriend's pc (Compaq CQ58 with windows 8.1 and lower hardware specs than my pc; GPB with "low" graphic config).....it works!!! No core.exe when online and 0 players....  :o :o

So..... what's the matter with my pc?!?  :-\

My specs: Acer Aspire 5740G, Intel Core i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27 Ghz, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD5740 (drivers up to date), audio card Realtek High definition audio (drivers up to date), 640Gb Hard disk. Windows 7 Home 64.

iVolution

Quote from: ghostchild on January 22, 2014, 10:21:48 AM
I installed GPB on my girlfriend's pc (Compaq CQ58 with windows 8.1 and lower hardware specs than my pc; GPB with "low" graphic config).....it works!!! No core.exe when online and 0 players....  :o :o

My specs: Acer Aspire 5740G, Intel Core i5 CPU M430 @ 2.27 Ghz, 4GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD5740 (drivers up to date), audio card Realtek High definition audio (drivers up to date), 640Gb Hard disk. Windows 7 Home 64.
I would guess something with the graphics adapter/card. As i have 2 x AMD HD5850, one for each computer (i have two next to each other), one computer would give problems with that particular card. If I switched the cards around none of the computers had a problem. I have two nearly identical graphics card, only the production/serial number is different. As with other games, if i place the two cards in crossfire (2 cards in one PC) some games give a lot of artifacts due to one card being unstable but for some games it works fine.

My point is that there can be loads of problems with a graphics card without you noticing it in most games. Aside from this it could be that you have some combination of settings (in you Catalyst control center) that just corrupt something with GPbikes.

ghostchild

Quote from: iVolution on January 22, 2014, 02:43:21 PM

My point is that there can be loads of problems with a graphics card without you noticing it in most games. Aside from this it could be that you have some combination of settings (in you Catalyst control center) that just corrupt something with GPbikes.

ok, but why these problems occur only in that specific situation (online with 0 players)?? ..offline I play with "high" graphics and no problems...  ::)

Hawk

Quote from: ghostchild on January 22, 2014, 10:21:48 AM

Your system specs are more than adequate to run GP Bikes. I bet if you performed a fresh re-installed of your OS then it would work fine on your PC too.
When did you last have a fresh OS install? PC's tend to need a good fresh re-install every so often, as there is SO much crap that gets installed unintentionally from the internet and cheeky installers, plus shared files are a nightmare, as I'm sure some uninstallers delete some shared files that are still needed by other programs you still have installed(Take note Adobe!). All these kind of things can lead to problems after a while and a fresh install sorts everything out. :)

I usually give my system a fresh OS install at least once a year, just for my peace of mind really. Plus the fact that I rely on my PC for work, so I like to make sure I keep it in tip top shape. :)

ghostchild

Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 22, 2014, 04:42:54 PM
Your system specs are more than adequate to run GP Bikes. I bet if you performed a fresh re-installed of your OS then it would work fine on your PC too.

Hawk, that's what I think (and hope!!) too... when I'll have some time I will try to re-install OS...  It's the last chance! :)

iVolution

Quote from: ghostchild on January 22, 2014, 03:00:39 PM
ok, but why these problems occur only in that specific situation (online with 0 players)?? ..offline I play with "high" graphics and no problems...  ::)
Yeah you got a point there, forgot about that.

Quote from: ghostchild on January 22, 2014, 07:08:25 PM
Hawk, that's what I think (and hope!!) too... when I'll have some time I will try to re-install OS...  It's the last chance! :)
At least we can't blame you for not trying hard enough. Hat off for you persistence.

ghostchild

Quote from: iVolution on January 22, 2014, 07:16:17 PM
At least we can't blame you for not trying hard enough. Hat off for you persistence.

:)

Hawk

Quote from: iVolution on January 22, 2014, 07:16:17 PM

Quote from: ghostchild on January 22, 2014, 07:08:25 PM

+1 on that iVolution...... Ghostchild deserves a medal!

Good luck with the fresh OS install, I hope this works out for you, mate. ;)

PS: Give that HD a good old full format. Lol ;D