• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:39:03 AM

Gpbikes videos ;)

Started by BOBR6 84, May 09, 2014, 11:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

@Hawk
Did a few tests with the 3.1 bikes again and turn in was a lot better (less understeer) with the same setup.
Plus you can ride the bikes smoothly even without TC.
It's still my favourite version of Manu's mod (the 3.1 M1 being my favourite bike overall).

Hawk

Quote from: vin97 on January 20, 2016, 08:37:24 PM
@Hawk
Did a few tests with the 3.1 bikes again and turn in was a lot better (less understeer) with the same setup.
Plus you can ride the bikes smoothly even without TC.
It's still my favourite version of Manu's mod (the 3.1 M1 being my favourite bike overall).

Thanks for that Vin but I only ride online so I like to stick with the latest MOD.... If changes need making then Manu can do that to sort out any problems with the current bike physics.... I'm willing to wait for that, but thanks anyway mate, I appreciate the thought.  ;) 8)

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk on January 20, 2016, 12:20:16 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on January 20, 2016, 12:10:42 PM
Uh, what's the point of limited tyres on a non-racing server ?!

I guess the idea for hot-lapping comps is to weed out the riders that would just stay on track doing 10's or even hundreds of laps and by doing so can easily get into that rhythm or groove(and obviously by doing so can put in some really great times if only a one-off fantastic lap), as they call it? So I presume it's to steer the hot-lap comp into more of a qualifying type of competition were you have a limited time(via tyre-sets) to make your best lap-time?  ;)

I personally don't believe in limiting tyre sets, but if the above is the idea then I can see it's use in that case.  :)

Hawk

Would be cool if Alibaskins could somehow change the point scoring system on his hotlap event leaderboards.. Less laps = more points (no idea how that would work lol) or maybe just remove points for doing the most laps or something..

either way makes no difference to me now.. played the other day for the first time after a little break.. HOLY SH#T!! Don't take a break.. just don't..  ;D ;D :-[

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on January 20, 2016, 10:06:13 PM

I guess the idea for hot-lapping comps is to weed out the riders that would just stay on track doing 10's or even hundreds of laps and by doing so can easily get into that rhythm or groove(and obviously by doing so can put in some really great times if only a one-off fantastic lap), as they call it? So I presume it's to steer the hot-lap comp into more of a qualifying type of competition were you have a limited time(via tyre-sets) to make your best lap-time?  ;)

I personally don't believe in limiting tyre sets, but if the above is the idea then I can see it's use in that case.  :)

Hawk

Would be cool if Alibaskins could somehow change the point scoring system on his hotlap event leaderboards.. Less laps = more points (no idea how that would work lol) or maybe just remove points for doing the most laps or something..

either way makes no difference to me now.. played the other day for the first time after a little break.. HOLY SH#T!! Don't take a break.. just don't..  ;D ;D :-[

Interesting idea Bob... Though how it would be implemented I don't know.  :-\

Oh! I'm sure you cannot be that bad mate.... I bet you could still lap the likes of myself on track even if you took 6 months off from GPB. Hehe!  ;D

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

Seriously  ;D My race record in GPB is toss anyway lol. Love doing laps figuring things out and improving my times but when its time to race.. all goes pete tong  ::) iv'e had a handfull of good races.. rest have been a disaster lol. Either the bike feels alien (usually my fault for not practicing enough with race setup) or some bullshit with the game itself.. lol oh well, i look forward to B8 and beyond to rectify  ;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on January 20, 2016, 10:06:13 PM

Hawk

Not that I do like the point system on an hotlap server (to me hotlap = fastest lap, period, points are gimmick anyway), but why would you want this (less laps = more points) ?
If you can only spend 1h per week on GPB and somebody else can spend 20h per week, he'll just train offline for 19h and then go to the hotlap server and spank you in 5 minutes.

And at least the 99.9% of the players that are actually humans have a chance to get a few points by doing laps, because normally Alibaskins comes on the hotlap server, does 3 laps, and gives 1 second to the 2nd best. Always. Any track. Any bike. And I suspect he doesn't even spend 19h training, which makes it even more irritating :)

BOBR6 84

That's a very good point MaX!  lol ;D

Hawk

No Blacky.... Human is in the 1:40's+ Your becoming one of those little green men with a time like that! Hehe  ;D

I'd really like to know what Ali could do though.... Would be interesting because we don't see him around much these days.  Where are you these days Ali?:-\

Hawk.

Blackheart

Quote from: Hawk on January 22, 2016, 12:45:13 AM
No Blacky.... Human is in the 1:40's+ Your becoming one of those little green men with a time like that! Hehe  ;D

Hawk.

;D

Hawk

Hahaha!  :o :o ;D

Yikes!! There was me hoping you fast guys would look like those cute grey aliens with those big black eyes! Lol.  :o ;D

Hawk.
PS: Hmmm..... Just thinking about a possible alien head helmet model??? Hehe!  ;D

Blackheart

Napalm Nick

Because you threatened little green men with exposure. :-X
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Blackheart

Hawk