• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:50:41 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Am I not getting it?

Started by davidboda46, February 25, 2016, 10:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

I've seen the comments from most of you guys about Beta 8, and they are mostly positive. Although I can agree that Beta 8 is a step forward, I still don't get the overly (according to me) enthusiastic feelings about the bikes handling. For example, I've done plenty of laps on A1 Ring (and other tracks btw) and I still feel that there are plenty of problems with the front. In banked corners you still drop it too often, when of throttle or on. Sure, you can't get around a bend of throttle at 5 kph, but at 70 kph, the bike should not fall over. The same when you apply throttle, and I'm not talking about full gas here. You give it some throttle and the front suspension rises, the grip disappears and down you go, or you drag the front for the rest of the corner and miraculously manage to save it. It happens on A1, it happens on the banked turns at Monza, just to name a few examples.

But my biggest issue is still with the tank slappers at small lean angles, especially when changing direction.

When I test the handling in a new Beta, I turn of the AW and TC, have the setting all on default, because I think that is the most honest way to review the "base physics". Maybe you guys set up the bike (which I'm rubbish at btw), maybe the fact that I use a custom controller instead of the more common Xbox 360 och maybe I'm just rubbish at riding, but for me it still feels like the small improvements in Beta 8 are still far from the desired SIMULATOR that I think we all want.

So, is it just me? What is it that I'm not getting or are you guys just happy that it's better than Beta 7? Please give me your opinions. 

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Hawk

Yes, I'm happy that it's better than beta 7. But also that the physics changes will allow the bike modders to tune the bikemods better. Basically what I'm saying is wait for the results from the bike physics modders before you fully judge beta 8; this is what I'm waiting for before I make any report or feedback on the beta 8 release because in nearly every beta release that I can remember the default bikes physics are not tuned to the full capabilities of the actual beta they represent.
Basically the physics in the bike mods are way better tuned than the physics in the default bikes(whether that should be the case is up for debate(and has been in the past) and a different story, but that's the way I see it in my experience).

So let's wait for the really good bikemod physics guys to work their magic and get their heads around all the changes and only then should we fully judge beta 8. I think we'll see some very good results in the near future.  ;D

Hawk.

teeds

Think we run something similar by way of controls David and I'm happy with B8 improvements myself. Ignoring the low angle wobbles that seem to be worse in this version, I'm now better able to pick and adjust my lines and on tracks I know well clean laps seem to be easier to achieve. I have tweaked my setup but mainly to try and reduce the wobbles at the magic 30.

I seem to remember you use DST David, is this still the case?

davidboda46

Quote from: teeds on February 25, 2016, 01:25:31 PM
Think we run something similar by way of controls David and I'm happy with B8 improvements myself. Ignoring the low angle wobbles that seem to be worse in this version, I'm now better able to pick and adjust my lines and on tracks I know well clean laps seem to be easier to achieve. I have tweaked my setup but mainly to try and reduce the wobbles at the magic 30.

I seem to remember you use DST David, is this still the case?

Nope, I only tried it once, was to hard for me. I have "cheat counter steering" as I call it. I calibrated the controller so when I turn right on the handlebar the bike turns left and vice versa. Illusional counter steering might be the trademark name for it :)

Cheers,

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

teeds

Quote from: davidboda46 on February 25, 2016, 02:47:15 PM
I have "cheat counter steering" as I call it. I calibrated the controller so when I turn right on the handlebar the bike turns left and vice versa.

Wow, fair play! Have you tried to ride a pushbike since learning this control method? ;) If not can you video the results of your first go please  ;D

Blackheart

Im happy with the new beta, ok there are still problems, but it is definitely better than the beta 7 from every point of view (except the wobbles as you said)  :P